Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 04:11 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,451,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
We have seen lots of discussions of evolution, and lots of proof of it. Let's discuss the proof of creationism. I don't want posts that refute evolution, but trot out that creation science if you have any.
I can provide as much proof of creation as you can of evolution. If you're so sure that God doesn't exist, you MUST have proof of when life started, correct? When was the moment that an in-organic world became organic? When did something magically just start living?

You need just as much faith to believe in no God as I do to believe in God, so don't fool yourself.

What makes humans the only species with ambition? What makes humans the only species that works to create music? What makes humans feel love?

If evolution led to where we are today, why aren't humans just another species that lives off the land like every other species that "evolved" over time? What makes us not content with just eating and sleeping, like a lion, dog, monkey, etc.?

Why did humans advance WELL beyond what's needed to just adapt to our environment?

Religion and science go hand in hand. The secular left just refuses to admit it. Your beliefs are steeped in nothing but faith, just like mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 04:13 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,428,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
nea1, you are so nice and judgemental. take a stand in your life, he and you all insulted me all day. You all have insulted my god, you have insulted my family by saying we are apes...take a stand for what is right. Better to be a bible that teaches love than a man who hurts people.
Your bible teaches hate and intolerance towards all non-Christians, teaches men to treat women like property, to hate gays, and how to properly treat slaves.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,824,746 times
Quote:
APES!!LOL!! SO i suppose that since my brother who is 21 has no hair on his leg or arms or face,,,is yet evolving into something greater than us??? STUPID! Get a clue people...there has been no proof of apes evolving into humans ever, nor will there ever be...why hasnt it happend in the past 2000 years,,,thats a long time...hasnt happend. And faith is much stronger and greater than simple truth. funny you guys are game testers,game designers, and all sorts of people...imaginations ran wild!!!
Tell me friends, have any of you ever seen anything other than your solid foods turn to crap, evolve into something else?? a butterfly doesnt cut it. As a matter of fact, thats funny,,,crap@@
Exactly. Evolution works the other way: species don't improve, they deteriorate. Crap is good example. Sandwiches turn into crap, but crap never evolves into a sandwich. Isn't that the truth? Jetliners turn into heaps of junk, but have you ever seen a heap of junk evolve into a jetliner? No, because nature does not work that way.

Some species reach a point where they die out in extinction, but they don't evolve into another species. They die either because of genetic flaws, or because they are killed off by a stronger species.

The older the human gene gets, the more genetic flaws we acquire. So, what happened? How come we are suddenly deteriorating, and not evolving? Why are we getting worse, not better? Did someone say 'that's enough', and flip a switch?

Old 12-31-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I can provide as much proof of creation as you can of evolution. If you're so sure that God doesn't exist, you MUST have proof of when life started, correct? When was the moment that an in-organic world became organic? When did something magically just start living?

You need just as much faith to believe in no God as I do to believe in God, so don't fool yourself.

What makes humans the only species with ambition? What makes humans the only species that works to create music? What makes humans feel love?

If evolution led to where we are today, why aren't humans just another species that lives off the land like every other species that "evolved" over time? What makes us not content with just eating and sleeping, like a lion, dog, monkey, etc.?

Why did humans advance WELL beyond what's needed to just adapt to our environment?

Religion and science go hand in hand. The secular left just refuses to admit it. Your beliefs are steeped in nothing but faith, just like mine.
Hello? That's the entire purpose of this thread.

We await your proof.

BTW, if you plan on using scriptures, they are not considered self-supporting evidence.

Psst. BTW. We ARE just another animal species, and religion and science are anthema to each other.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:18 PM

55 posts, read 66,872 times
You are idiots. My church...my church who is made up a poor people in a ghetto...just handed out food to the needy,,,we have visited the sick and dying in hospitals...I have given money,,,and clothing to the homeless...we have prayed for people in other countries,,,we wish love, peace and hope for all...dont speak of my church you heitherns,,,now you have an angry christian...My church is one of love...I am not a roman catholic....and those who went to fight the nazis were mostly christians...and the president who declared we fight them was a christian!!! Do not speak of what you do not know, you who are ignorant of the word of GOd!
And by the way in the book of matthew jesus stated that christians would be persecuted....this is the definition of persecution....
: to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief
Thank you all for proving that the prophecy of jesus is real ,,,,it has come true today and here lately....christians are murdered in other christians...in florida this year two teachers were jailed because they prayed over their lunch with no students around...one of my students was scorned for reading her bible in school....Be weary ye who doubt, for the master cometh like a thief in the night!! PRAISE TO OUR GOD IN HEAVEN FOR HIS MERCY...may he show it on those of you who have attempted to make a fool of him.!!! This year,,,I have prayed with teenagers about to commit suicide....I have seen drug addicts overcome their addiction, alcholics be set free...no rehab or therapist could help,,,but GOd did...I have seen this year babies born 5 months premature grow and live...I have seen my sister in law slit her wrist because she was depressed and felt there was no reason for living,,,,now she has hope...and a beautiful baby growing inside of her!! THANK GOD FOR HIS WORD...I STAND UPON IT...IT IS MY ROCK..MY FOUNDATION...YOU ALL HAVE NOTHING BUT YOUR TOMORROWS...I HAVE FOREVER!!

Old 12-31-2009, 04:20 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,703,092 times
Quote:
You are idiots. My church...my church who is made up a poor people in a ghetto...just handed out food to the needy,,,we have visited the sick and dying in hospitals...I have given money,,,and clothing to the homeless...we have prayed for people in other countries,,,we wish love, peace and hope for all...dont speak of my church you heitherns,,,now you have an angry christian...My church is one of love...I am not a roman catholic....and those who went to fight the nazis were mostly christians...and the president who declared we fight them was a christian!!! Do not speak of what you do not know, you who are ignorant of the word of GOd!
And by the way in the book of matthew jesus stated that christians would be persecuted....this is the definition of persecution....
: to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief
Thank you all for proving that the prophecy of jesus is real ,,,,it has come true today and here lately....christians are murdered in other christians...in florida this year two teachers were jailed because they prayed over their lunch with no students around...one of my students was scorned for reading her bible in school....Be weary ye who doubt, for the master cometh like a thief in the night!! PRAISE TO OUR GOD IN HEAVEN FOR HIS MERCY...may he show it on those of you who have attempted to make a fool of him.!!! This year,,,I have prayed with teenagers about to commit suicide....I have seen drug addicts overcome their addiction, alcholics be set free...no rehab or therapist could help,,,but GOd did...I have seen this year babies born 5 months premature grow and live...I have seen my sister in law slit her wrist because she was depressed and felt there was no reason for living,,,,now she has hope...and a beautiful baby growing inside of her!! THANK GOD FOR HIS WORD...I STAND UPON IT...IT IS MY ROCK..MY FOUNDATION...YOU ALL HAVE NOTHING BUT YOUR TOMORROWS...I HAVE FOREVER!!
We are idiots? AAHHH More of the Christian love, you are about as Christian as the poo in my yard. BTW No preaching it is against the rules here. I dont see any of us name calling. BTW you dont have to be religious to be generous, we have all done the same as you without a church behind us.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:23 PM

33,624 posts, read 37,278,025 times
Quote:
nea1, you are so nice and judgemental. take a stand in your life, he and you all insulted me all day. You all have insulted my god, you have insulted my family by saying we are apes...take a stand for what is right. Better to be a bible that teaches love than a man who hurts people.
You are insulted because you are an ape? You should be proud to have ascended from the same ancestor as other apes, not insulted...We have come a long way, and are by far the most intelligent of the apes. ( Well most of us are anyway)

Not sharing you point of view, believing your bible or disbelieving in your god are not in anyway personal insults...Disagreeing is not at all judgmental...

I have asked for proof of creation, and you have dissed evolution, taken the topic way off on a tangent, and have given nothing as proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Exactly. Evolution works the other way: species don't improve, they deteriorate. Crap is good example. Sandwiches turn into crap, but crap never evolves into a sandwich. Isn't that the truth? Jetliners turn into heaps of junk, but have you ever seen a heap of junk evolve into a jetliner? No, because nature does not work that way.

Some species reach a point where they die out in extinction, but they don't evolve into another species. They die either because of genetic flaws, or because they are killed off by a stronger species.

The older the human gene gets, the more genetic flaws we acquire. So, what happened? How come we are suddenly deteriorating, and not evolving? Why are we getting worse, not better? Did someone say 'that's enough', and flip a switch?
Do yourself a favor and actually educate yourself on the matter.

4,145 posts, read 10,451,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Hello? That's the entire purpose of this thread.

We await your proof.

BTW, if you plan on using scriptures, they are not considered self-supporting evidence.

Psst. BTW. We ARE just another animal species, and religion and science are anthema to each other.
That's exactly the point, genius. There is no proof of evolution. You have some fossils and that's it. Darwin's teachings have many holes, at best. The secular folk have taken his teachings as gospel, just like we believe the Bible.

Prove to me when life started and then we have something to talk about. Until then, you've got nothing to say worth reading.

And you cannot refute that the human species is advanced FAR beyond anything evolution would lead to. If you're basing your theory on the natural world, there's no reason that evolution would have created our brains to have ambition. None.

You've fooled yourself into believing something, but have no proof.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:24 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,908,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
I can provide as much proof of creation as you can of evolution.
The Short Proof of Evolution

OK! Your turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality