Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2009, 08:00 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,454,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Obviously you didn't read what I wrote.
I did. It was a bunch of nothing. You said life began in the seas. You mentioned proteins and amino acids, but SOMETHING was the first thing to suddenly have life, where there was no life before.

Your arguments are non-existent. I didn't ask if life began in the sea. I asked when did life begin, because it had to start sometime, but you're too dense to realize that you don't know and that without THAT knowledge, you can't prove a single thing.

The theory of evolution is just that...a theory...and a weak one at best.

If you want to deny God's existence, that's your prerogative and that's fine, but you can't prove evolution. Period. Not any more than I can prove God exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Certainly not yourself.

It takes an open mind to examine, and except, proven scientific data that challenges your religion.

Unless, of course, you are going to attempt to claim that the RC Church during the Dark Ages was "open minded".
Science doesn't disprove my faith in God. There's no way it can. I'm amazed by science and the constant advances that we find. Science and faith go hand in hand.

Before gravity was discovered, it was there, but nobody knew about it and would have called you crazy if you said there was a big ball spinning in the air and because of that things were pulled by an invisible force to it.

Before other galaxies were discovered, they existed, but people would have called you crazy if you said we were nothing more than a speck in the eye of the universe.

Get it? I know it's hard, but until things are discovered and proved as true, they still exist, but we don't know about them.

If you TRULY believe in science, you have to believe that there are millions of things that our mind cannot comprehend yet that have not been discovered. Don't they exist, even though we may not know about them?

Again, who's the one with the open mind? I believe in science. Science gives us many, many great things. But it in no way disproves God, or proves evolution. We can grow a freaking ear in a petri dish, but we've had thousands of scientist trying to prove when life began, but none can.

Strange, huh?

Old 12-31-2009, 08:32 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,294,099 times
The thread is NOT about the abiogenesis ....It is about proving creation, which you now admit you cannot do. That is a big step for most creationists.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:56 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,031,485 times
From what I've seen from creationists in this thread is that they can't prove creationism so they resort to straw man fallacies about evolution. Case in point, the ridiculous notion that evolution is 'just a theory.' All this does is show ignorance of what a scientific theory is. After fifty six pages, it's still clear that there is no proof for creationism.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:13 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,060,538 times
It is obvious you have never spent much time here, our friend rifleman has posted at length proof of evolution happening observed with now permanently frozen examples of an experiment spanning 21 years IIRC of a virus (not sure) that has mutated and evolved drastically over time. This is documented and is open for peer review. No god involved

IDers have nothing like this.

All you lot have is an ancient questionable, contradictory, errant book that claims credence to dear biblegawd, ad-numerum and ad-historium.

Outside of this you have nothing other than the mass delusions of testimonies of folk who think they talk to and hear from this dear biblegawd. All the claims of dear biblegawd healing folk is fabricated twaddle including the alleged workings of the alleged holey spook in prophesy and tongues et al.

Dear biblegawd is as inconsistent as its adherents and as bigoted too. In fact your camp cannot even come up with the real facts as to who wrote what and when, most of your ancient texts have been dated well after the alleged jezus existed so even there, the authenticity is questionable. A bi-sexual king commissioning the translation of the now "accepted as defacto correct" translation ye olde kinge jamese 1611 edition even though scholars have identified over 20,000 errors IIRC.

With all these known facts regarding your evidence that you have, you have absolutely no other proof of dear biblegawd, since media like photography to the latest cell phone video, there has been not a shred of proof of this dear biblegawd.

While science unravels the mysteries of the recent and ancient unknowns with modern tools the myths of your dear biblegawd is finding fewer and fewer gaps to hide in. While science and the ToE marches on and builds up mounting and dare I say mountains of evidence, your happy little campers have had nothing new to add to counter in the last 2000 years.

If biblegawd was real, then there would be 100% consensus as to its existence and there would be 0% doubters or skeptics so it is NOT the default position.

Some nova-creationist-evolutionists now want to suggest that their biblegawd is the "force" behind the mechanisms of evolution because the rapid growth of new evidence and information just keeps on coming in.

Science disproves your young earth in multiple disciplines - strike one

Science disproves your creation myth through DNA and genome mapping - strike two

You might still be batting but we have some good pitchers to come.

At least we have a Theory of Evolution, you do not even have an hypothesis of creation.

Your biblegawd's sell-by-date has expired but there are two very powerful economic machines behind it that will ensure its longevity for some time to come. While competing for the souls of the mindless sheeple, science will march forward and compete for the minds of their offspring. When the economic machines fail, so too will biblegawd finally get to RIP in the archives of other dismissed myths and gawds.

Happy New Year

Old 12-31-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
From what I've seen from creationists in this thread is that they can't prove creationism so they resort to straw man fallacies about evolution. Case in point, the ridiculous notion that evolution is 'just a theory.' All this does is show ignorance of what a scientific theory is. After fifty six pages, it's still clear that there is no proof for creationism.
And all I see from Darwinists is that they can't prove evolution, yet they won't admit it. They're too stubborn to think that there are some things in this world that they might not know.

You cannot tell me that you know without a doubt that God doesn't exist, because you can't know that. There's no way to prove where the universe came from.

If you know without a doubt that something didn't happen a certain way, by definition, you HAVE to know how it DID happen.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:45 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,175,285 times
Science has it's theories and experiments, but it doesn't have the true facts. Those facts have been documented by Jesus and other high Celestial Spirits, including Adam and Eve through the mediumship of James Padgett from 1915-1920. They all tell us there is no such thing as human evolution because human beings were specially created by our Heavenly Father and, as usual, it is His ultimate creative genius that deserves the credit and admiration for a magnificent job.

Quote:
Amon (Eve).

I am the first mother of all the human race, and I want you to know that before, Aman (Adam) and myself, no human beings ever existed. We were created by God at the same time, and were ready, just after the moment of our creation, to live the lives of natural beings. So that there was no gradual growth on our part from any other creature or thing. I know it has been said that the first man was not created, but developed from some animal of the lower order, and as the process of evolution proceeded, this being became in the end a man, with all the wonderful organism and structure of his body, but I want to tell you that this is not true.

When I was created, I was as perfect in my physical organism as I ever was afterwards, or as any man or woman ever became from that time into the present. In fact, I believe, that at the time of our creation we were more perfect than mankind are now, because we had no physical ailments, no sickness, no deformity of any kind. We certainly were more beautiful in face and form than mankind now are, or have been for many long centuries; and besides, our bodies and organism lasted for longer years, than do the bodies of mankind at this time. Before our fall we were very happy in our conjugal love, and knew not troubles or worries of any kind, and never had anything to make us afraid or draw us apart from each other, or from God; nor until the great temptation came, and then because of our ideas of our greatness and power and want of dependence on God, we fell, and never again were restored to our position of beauty and happiness that were ours in the beginning of our lives on earth. So you must see that we were specially created and not evolved from any other thing.

Amon, (Eve) mother of all human creation, gives her experience. Her temptation and disobedience (http://tinyurl.com/ylokto3 - broken link)

Old 12-31-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post

Science disproves your young earth in multiple disciplines - strike one

Science disproves your creation myth through DNA and genome mapping - strike two

Nowhere in the Bible does it say the Earth is or isn't millions of years old. The Bible was written before the Roman calendar. A "day" in the Bible could have been years. Or thousands of years.

And DNA actually proves God to me, because the sheer odds that DNA strands just formed in a way that led to what we are would be less than that of dropping a thousand bricks off of a building and having them land to form a house.

You've proven nothing. You might make yourself feel better, but your definition of proof needs work.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:29 PM

55 posts, read 66,880 times
wOW?!! Just got home way to go kev!!!
There is no proof of evoulution....I am attending college now, and just read a month ago about evolution in a new text...listed as THEORY. There is no proof, only speculation...Check this out...
The bible tells us that we can live if we obey GOd up to 144 years....its not broken down that easy,,,but when you break it down thats wat you get....A scientific study came out a few years back about our DNA "ladders"...we have two in each of us that make us up...these scientist stated that with proper exercise and nutrition....a human body could live up to 144 years...WOW!! AMAZING HUH?? How did they know that way back then??
It taked faith just to rely on a friend paying you back money...faith exists in lots of different things and situations. Most of these people will not admit much,,and will only research sights that support their theory,,,I as a teacher of the gospel, have to study other religions including evolution...I read lost of stuff.I find so much information its crazy!!

Old 12-31-2009, 10:33 PM

55 posts, read 66,880 times
Here ya go people,, I took a hiking trip this summer to the top of a nearby mountain, its a few thousand feet or more,,,not the tallest,,,but tall!!
There were sandstone rocks and other rocks that had been carved through by water. The guide stated it had been proven that it took a massive amount of water rusing through to do this...and that the water was thousands of feet high...since there is no river, or streams that flow out of or to this mountain top...that was there belief. HMMMM, a massive flood huh...our bible states there was a massive amount of raging water that filled the earth suddenly...heck the area I live in was supposedly in water years ago,,,and there is no river or nothing by!!! OTHER cultures throughout history have had the great flood story handed down...different variations,,,but all say great flood.
Take that sit on it a while my left wing friends!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality