Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 03:01 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I just can't get my head around people like Finn, Campbell and kevcrawford. Every single day of their lives they accept, unquestionably, the results of scientific research. When they heat their morning coffee in the microwave, when they drive their cars, fly in aeroplanes, watch TV, make phone calls, take pills for headaches or other medical conditions. One could fill a page with the things that they accept and trust without question that has been given to them by science. Yet, when that same science disproves their belief in myths, it suddenly becomes untrustworthy and should not be relied on. They look at science and say:

Theory of electromagnetism: Good!
Theory of gravity:Good!
Quantum theory: Good!
Germ Theory: Good!
Thermodynamics: Good!

Theory of evolution: Science is evil and filled with atheists who want to destroy Christianity everywhere and those dinosaur bones were put there by Satan to trick us.

Photosynthesis: Good!
Periodic Table of the Elements: Good!
Theory of Relativity: Good!
Acoustics Theory: Good!
Chaos Theory: Good!
Number theory: Good!

Big Bang theory: Science is evil and filled with atheists who want to destroy Christianity everywhere and how can they believe in the Big Bang when no one was around to see it.

Cell Theory: Good!
Decision theory: Good!
Circuit Theory: Good!

So science is great and one of the best means of understanding our universe unless it contradicts the writings of ancient goat herders. Then it's evil and wrong.

If you look at Geology it shows that fossils are of different ages. Look at Palaeontology and you will see a fossil sequence that changes through time. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Compare that with 'Creationism' .....which is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!"

So we don't know precisely how life started on this planet. So what? That doesn't mean we have to make up an answer i.e 'God did it'. An archaeologist can discover a building and determine that it is from ancient Rome but not know what the hell it was used for. You can come along and claim that it was where the Hobbits lived and then give your entire account of the Lord of the Rings. You would have a much more complete answer than the archaeologist.......but it would be baseless bullcaca.

It's time you faced the facts lads. Aeroplanes fly....carpets and broomsticks don't.
And we can't get our heads around people like you that believe that absolutely ANYTHING is possible and there are infinite things waiting to be discovered. Things that man just cannot comprehend yet. Things beyond our wildest imagination.

Except a Creator. That's just crazy talk.

See how that works both ways?

Believers believe in science as well. It's a great tool and area of study. Gives us great advances. But there are many theories that are full of holes and evolution is one of them.

You can convince yourself that the evolution theory is air tight, but it's not. Not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 03:08 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
And we can't get our heads around people like you that believe that absolutely ANYTHING is possible and there are infinite things waiting to be discovered.
....and there are questions in post 575 that are waiting for your answers.

Last edited by Rafius; 01-01-2010 at 03:38 PM..

Old 01-01-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:

You can convince yourself that the evolution theory is air tight, but it's not. Not even close.
And you still haven't produced the proof of creation that you said you had.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:

Believers believe in science as well. It's a great tool and area of study.
....unless it contradicts the 2000 year old ramblings of desert goat-herders.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:34 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,415,683 times
Quote:
And we can't get our heads around people like you that believe that absolutely ANYTHING is possible and there are infinite things waiting to be discovered. Things that man just cannot comprehend yet. Things beyond our wildest imagination.

Except a Creator. That's just crazy talk.

See how that works both ways?

Believers believe in science as well. It's a great tool and area of study. Gives us great advances. But there are many theories that are full of holes and evolution is one of them.

It only "works both ways" for people with a one track mind.

The lack of concrete evidence in abiogenesis not only does NOT effect the facts of Evolution, "Godunnit" is simply no substitute for science, or should even be considered especially when the ONLY source for said demiurge has been ripped apart countless times.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
And you still haven't produced the proof of creation that you said you had.
I've tried to dumb it down as much as possible for you, but apparently you still don't get it....the comment meant that I have as much PROOF of God as you have of Evolution. Meaning.....wait for it....none.

My point is we both have FAITH in something.

You've convinced yourself otherwise, but you're fooling yourself. The evidence of evolution is loose, at best.

Your animosity really means nothing to me. It doesn't offend me. It doesn't make you come across as intelligent. It doesn't accomplish anything.

Get a life.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:47 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,415,683 times
Quote:
I've tried to dumb it down as much as possible for you, but apparently you still don't get it....the comment meant that I have as much PROOF of God as you have of Evolution. Meaning.....wait for it....none.

My point is we both have FAITH in something.

You've convinced yourself otherwise, but you're fooling yourself. The evidence of evolution is loose, at best.

Your animosity really means nothing to me. It doesn't offend me. It doesn't make you come across as intelligent. It doesn't accomplish anything.

Get a life.
And we've tried to dumb it WAAAAy down for you.

Evolution is a scientifically proven FACT.

So, where's your scientific proof for your GOD?

Old 01-01-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Epic fail. The verifiable evidence is there. Ignore it if you wish but it won't go away. Sorry about that!

Quote:
Evolution is proven beyond reasonable doubt. Creation doesn't even get out of the starting blocks.

Quote:
Get a life.
Is that another way of saying that you don't have any answers to the question put to you? I have a life thank you....and it is unhindered by superstitions beliefs in non-evidenced supernatural entities.

Old 01-01-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Epic fail. The verifiable evidence is there. Ignore it if you wish but it won't go away. Sorry about that!

Evolution is proven beyond reasonable doubt. Creation doesn't even get out of the starting blocks.

Is that another way of saying that you don't have any answers to the question put to you?
You can't keep saying there's verifiable evidence over and over and hope that makes it true.

There's no reason to get into your questions because no matter what I say, you'll just keep up your arrogant rants.

You can keep attacking, but the simple fact is that your proof doesn't exist. Theories exist. Period. You know that and what makes you angry is that you can't prove it.

It's sad that you're too dense to see that there may be something out there that we just haven't discovered yet.

Old 01-01-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
You can't keep saying there's verifiable evidence over and over and hope that makes it true.
The verifiable evidence is there. Ignore it if you wish but it won't go away. Sorry about that!

Quote:
There's no reason to get into your questions because no matter what I say, you'll just keep up your arrogant rants.
So you can't answer them...fair enough.

Quote:
You can keep attacking, but the simple fact is that your proof doesn't exist. Theories exist.
I see that you still haven't bothered to find out what a Theory is ...in scientific terms.

Quote:
You know that and what makes you angry is that you can't prove it.
The verifiable evidence is there. Ignore it if you wish but it won't go away. Sorry about that!

Quote:
It's sad that you're too dense.......
My, My!! Such Christian love and compassion!! Insults are an excellent indication that someone has lost the argument. Never mind dude....better luck next time 'eh! I'm done for tonight....gone to bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality