Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 03:29 PM

29 posts, read 10,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I’ve read the entire thread and I don’t get why such strong opposition to having the carpet professionally cleaned whether it’s in the lease specifically or not. It’s not that expensive and in order to leave everything nice and professional looking it’s the right thing to do. This isn’t a war. Just have the carpet professionally cleaned and get your receipt and move on.
I'm not paying $150 dollars if not legally required when rent is $300 above the rest of the market. I have student loans to pay, car payments, car insurence and many other things each month and I can't be bothered to pay $150 solely because I walked around a lot in my apartment. It looks the same as the day we moved in besides having been walked on during tenancy, if they want to give it the fresh carpet feel while our lawyer told us not to worry about it, that's on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
Why do people always bish about the carpet cleaning? You made it dirty, so pay up.
Just think of it as $120 over 12 months, which is $10 per month for clean carpet.

What I really don't understand is those who live in a place for 4 years, walk their stank shoes all over the carpet, and object to paying $120 for professional carpet cleaning.
Amortized over 4 years, that's just $2.50 per month !!!!!!!

I'd like to see all you people sit on the floor where dogs and cats have wiped their anuses. Yeah it LOOKS clean.

How about this spoon and plate... I'll just wipe this dirty spoon with a paper towel until it looks shiny, and let you eat from it. I mean, it looks clean.
Imagine paying $130 to clean a carpet when it had a year of life expectancy left tops. What a surreal thinking pattern. Again, since reading is too complicated of a task here, this is reguardless of pets. I understand some things may be hard to comprehend though, like reading more than 2 sentences at a time.

Last edited by DrewG96; 08-08-2019 at 03:46 PM..

Old 08-08-2019, 03:35 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,144,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
Why do people always bish about the carpet cleaning? You made it dirty, so pay up.
Just think of it as $120 over 12 months, which is $10 per month for clean carpet.

What I really don't understand is those who live in a place for 4 years, walk their stank shoes all over the carpet, and object to paying $120 for professional carpet cleaning.
Amortized over 4 years, that's just $2.50 per month !!!!!!!

I'd like to see all you people sit on the floor where dogs and cats have wiped their anuses. Yeah it LOOKS clean.

How about this spoon and plate... I'll just wipe this dirty spoon with a paper towel until it looks shiny, and let you eat from it. I mean, it looks clean.
Then just, maybe, I don't know, take carpet out of your units if you feel that strongly about it....instead of trying to pass maintenance costs off on tenants.

Old 08-08-2019, 03:38 PM

23,361 posts, read 18,968,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Car dander is damage and will be a problem for the next tenant if they are allergic to cats.
Cars have dander? Who knew? So THAT'S why I have to dust my garage.

Old 08-08-2019, 03:47 PM

23,361 posts, read 18,968,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewG96 View Post
I'm not paying $150 dollars if not legally required when rent is $300 above the rest of the market. I have student loans to pay, car payments, car insurence and many other things each month and I can't be bothered to pay $150 solely because I walked around a lot in my apartment. It looks the same as the day we moved in besides having been walked on during tenancy, if they want to give it the fresh carpet feel while our lawyer told us not to worry about it, that's on them.
The local rental market has nothing to do with this.
Your personal debts have nothing to do with this.
What you choose to be bothered with has nothing to do with this.
What the owner of the property you happen to use wants has everything to do with this. If the lease isn't clear, clarify it before agreeing to it. There are probably hundreds of threads here and elsewhere with the same old gripes about rental cleaning fees. If you don't want to deal with a LL, buy your own house.

You are determined to feel outraged and "breeding a bruise" as my mother would say. I'd suspect life is going to be quite long and unhappy for you.

Old 08-08-2019, 03:52 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,149,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
What the owner of the property you happen to use wants has everything to do with this. If the lease isn't clear, clarify it before agreeing to it. There are probably hundreds of threads here and elsewhere with the same old gripes about rental cleaning fees. If you don't want to deal with a LL, buy your own house.

You are determined to feel outraged and "breeding a bruise" as my mother would say. I'd suspect life is going to be quite long and unhappy for you.

You are wrong, what the law says you have to do has everything to do with this. A person must return place in the same condition as rented minus wear and tear. How landlord want someone to return the place back is irrelevant.

Old 08-08-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post

No, actually life is quite well, thank you! I'm not going to just roll over when being screwed out of money.if that's your philosophy on life then that is your business. I'm not outraged, as I said I've talked with a family lawyer and seeing as others have said it's unenforceable, I'll be in small claims if they fine me. Clearly the biggest outrage was from expecting people to read full questions on a forum only to realize that only 10% would actually do just that! End of story.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:13 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,144,505 times
Quote:
No, actually life is quite well, thank you! I'm not going to just roll over when being screwed out of money.if that's your philosophy on life then that is your business. I'm not outraged, as I said I've talked with a family lawyer and seeing as others have said it's unenforceable, I'll be in small claims if they fine me. Clearly the biggest outrage was from expecting people to read full questions on a forum only to realize that only 10% would actually do just that! End of story.
I'm on your side, bud...but, you may want to take it down a notch or five.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:28 PM

357 posts, read 248,570 times
Quote:
Do you mean a lawyer practicing family law or a lawyer in your family or a lawyer your family has on retainer? Because real estate is different from other types of law which are all different from each other and a lawyer practicing in one area isn’t as well versed on current law in other areas.

Some states do allow LL to add carpet cleaning to the lease.

Adding details to the OP and then expecting posters to not factor it into their reply makes no sense.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaTownsley View Post
Do you mean a lawyer practicing family law or a lawyer in your family or a lawyer your family has on retainer? Because real estate is different from other types of law which are all different from each other and a lawyer practicing in one area isn’t as well versed on current law in other areas.

Some states do allow LL to add carpet cleaning to the lease.

Adding details to the OP and then expecting posters to not factor it into their reply makes no sense.
It's not on the lease is in the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting