Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 01:13 PM

357 posts, read 249,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
So answer this question: what does your landlord say the ‘cleaning fee’ in for in regards to the cat? The last two leases I had clearly detailed what each fee and or deposit was for. Did you sign a lease not knowing what the fees were? Not being snarky, asking an actual question
This is exactly what I’ve been trying to figure out. He won’t be specific about any of the verbiage yet expects us to help him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 04:30 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,390,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaTownsley View Post
This is exactly what I’ve been trying to figure out. He won’t be specific about any of the verbiage yet expects us to help him.
SEE Post 6 "Is that not why I'm paying a $125 "cleansing fee" for the pet addendum though?" [to me it the answer is he has no clue.... Me I Walk in and ASK! Get whatever the answer in WRITING then go from there with Cleaning.

Old 08-10-2019, 04:56 PM

29 posts, read 11,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
SEE Post 6 "Is that not why I'm paying a $125 "cleansing fee" for the pet addendum though?" [to me it the answer is he has no clue.... Me I Walk in and ASK! Get whatever the answer in WRITING then go from there with Cleaning.
I never said I don't know, I'm still not sure where most of you are pulling this info from. All the lease says is a 125 fee for 'pet treatment' , it has no explanation of what 'pet treatment' is that still doesn't change the fact that nowhere in the lease does it mention shampooing carpet let alone paying for it to be professionally cleaned which was outlined in the orig post.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:23 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,157,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewG96 View Post
I never said I don't know, I'm still not sure where most of you are pulling this info from. All the lease says is a 125 fee for 'pet treatment' , it has no explanation of what 'pet treatment' is that still doesn't change the fact that nowhere in the lease does it mention shampooing carpet let alone paying for it to be professionally cleaned which was outlined in the orig post.
It seems like most posters are going by their personal experience. If landlord tells them they have to do something, they do it as they are afraid they will lose their security deposit. Secondly most people never sued in small claim court and don't know how /have time to do it. Most landlords from my experience think they can demand from tenant much more compare to what legally they can. Just follow your lawyer advice and if landlord decides to play hardball then you will have to take it to court and let judge decide. In my experience judges don't care about carpet fiber, they just care about how long one lived there and the look of it.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
It seems like most posters are going by their personal experience. If landlord tells them they have to do something, they do it as they are afraid they will lose their security deposit. Secondly most people never sued in small claim court and don't know how /have time to do it. Most landlords from my experience think they can demand from tenant much more compare to what legally they can. Just follow your lawyer advice and if landlord decides to play hardball then you will have to take it to court and let judge decide. In my experience judges don't care about carpet fiber, they just care about how long one lived there and the look of it.
Sounds good thanks so much!

Old 08-10-2019, 06:13 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,390,984 times
Quote:
Cant say you did not say this YOUR Post #6

Old 08-10-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Cant say you did not say this YOUR Post #6
Most likely because I said it in the first, you know, the one you didn't read

Old 08-10-2019, 07:24 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,092,645 times
Quote:
I told you....it’s to treat the unit for fleas and ticks (whether or cat had them or not). Call your landlord and ask what type of treatment you’re paying for.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:27 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,092,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
He spoke to a family law attorney, not a real estate attorney. Before he forgoes cleaning the carpet, he should consult an actual real estate attorney.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
He spoke to a family law attorney, not a real estate attorney. Before he forgoes cleaning the carpet, he should consult an actual real estate attorney.
Again, not reading. It's a real estate lawyer in the family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting