Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 04:42 PM

29 posts, read 11,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
I'm on your side, bud...but, you may want to take it down a notch or five.
Sorry, I'll tone it back. I've just typed the same response 6-8 times and it gets tiring. Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 05:08 PM

357 posts, read 249,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewG96 View Post
It's not on the lease is in the OP.
Again, without seeing the lease and any additional correspondence, we cannot give an accurate opinion based on your OP. Your story is too confusing and hard to follow, especially when you say “forget these details and tell me your opinion.” Then you get mad when people tell you something you don’t want to hear. What the point in posting then?

Old 08-08-2019, 05:08 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,152,335 times
Quote:
Sorry, I'll tone it back. I've just typed the same response 6-8 times and it gets tiring. Thanks for the help!
I get you. Just don't let the thoughts of internet strangers affect you so much

Old 08-08-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
If you’re repeating yourself that many times, obviously people are asking the same questions and/or telling you the same thing based on what YOU wrote.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaTownsley View Post
Again, without seeing the lease and any additional correspondence, we cannot give an accurate opinion based on your OP. Your story is too confusing and hard to follow, especially when you say “forget these details and tell me your opinion.” Then you get mad when people tell you something you don’t want to hear. What the point in posting then?
Well, he's told you "it's not in the lease." You can believe he's an idiot who has no idea how to read a lease, or you could take him at his word, hm?

Old 08-08-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
If you’re repeating yourself that many times, obviously people are asking the same questions and/or telling you the same thing based on what YOU wrote.
Well, the vast majority here are saying it's ok for LL to do this regardless of whether it's spelled out in lease or not, so....

Old 08-08-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Well, he's told you "it's not in the lease." You can believe he's an idiot who has no idea how to read a lease, or you could take him at his word, hm?
His story doesn’t make sense. Nobody implied he’s an idiot, but why come on a forum for advice and not give the right details? Or give details that seem to apply and then tell us to ignore that he mentioned it? And then bringing up his other bills and how he was paying above market rent? None are relevant and all are sympathy seeking.

Quote:
Well, the vast majority here are saying it's ok for LL to do this regardless of whether it's spelled out in lease or not, so....
Funny that, considering he said only two posts have been helpful. AKA told him what he wants to hear.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:21 PM

29 posts, read 11,034 times
Quote:
His story doesn’t make sense. Nobody implied he’s an idiot, but why come on a forum for advice and not give the right details? Or give details that seem to apply and then tell us to ignore that he mentioned it? And then bringing up his other bills and how he was paying above market rent? None are relevant and all are sympathy seeking.

Funny that, considering he said only two posts have been helpful. AKA told him what he wants to hear.
You asked why I am so hesitant to pay the fees. I have other financial obligations and adding to them for something I think the LL should take care of is why I'm hesitant. That was an answer to your question. Also the story only gets confusing when a large number of people equate the fee to the cat when I stated very clearly in the OP that this was not the fact. There was only two posts that referenced the question what should I do if I don't think the fee is fair.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:22 PM

6,850 posts, read 11,624,719 times
OP, save your aggravation. A lawyer said one thing. A bunch of strangers on the internet tell you something else.

You should decide which advice you’re going to take, and then do so.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
You asked why I am so hesitant to pay the fees. I have other financial obligations and adding to them for something I think the LL should take care of is why I'm hesitant. That was an answer to your question. Also the story only gets confusing when a large number of people equate the fee to the cat when I stated very clearly in the OP that this was not the fact. There was only two posts that referenced the question what should I do if I don't think the fee is fair.
I didn’t ask anything like that. I made one comment about what the cat cleaning is for and you told me it was irrelevant. You wouldn’t be paying a fee anyway, it would come out of your deposit. If they aren’t replying to your emails, pick up the phone or pay them a visit....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting