Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 08:03 PM

13,933 posts, read 39,446,206 times

Advertisements

CAT is Relevant: 1 its living in the apt in question 2 you were charged a Pet Deposit 3 $125 IS coming out of the Pet Deposit to Clean the carpets the LL way. You Signed the Lease Agreeing to this Carpet Cleaning. So WHY are you Not willing to let the LL do the Cleaning? Just give the Carpets a final Vacuuming & be done. LL will then send in their Cleaners to do the cleaning of the carpet & Minus the ALREADY agreed price. IF Nothing else is found wrong you get the Balance of the Deposits back.. IF they Find something else wrong they Have to send you an Itemized Deductions list along with the remaining balance of the deposit. Simple. Mountain out of Mole Hill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 08:14 PM

29 posts, read 11,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
CAT is Relevant: 1 its living in the apt in question 2 you were charged a Pet Deposit 3 $125 IS coming out of the Pet Deposit to Clean the carpets the LL way. You Signed the Lease Agreeing to this Carpet Cleaning. So WHY are you Not willing to let the LL do the Cleaning? Just give the Carpets a final Vacuuming & be done. LL will then send in their Cleaners to do the cleaning of the carpet & Minus the ALREADY agreed price. IF Nothing else is found wrong you get the Balance of the Deposits back.. IF they Find something else wrong they Have to send you an Itemized Deductions list along with the remaining balance of the deposit. Simple. Mountain out of Mole Hill
Incredible. This is the last time I'm going to respond to you. I said I agreed with the 125. Nowhere in the lease does it mention carpet cleaning.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:28 PM

6,523 posts, read 4,064,494 times
So you're being charged a cleaning fee, and also expected to clean? Then what is the cleaning fee for? Last time I had an apartment with a "cleaning fee," when I was moving out and told them I was almost done cleaning up before I left, they told me to not even bother to sweep the floor-- "that's why you paid a cleaning fee."

Quote:
Sheesh Clip coupon already Stanly Steamer & others usually have sales

YES Cat Dander is Dangerous IF the next person is Allergic to Cats! It could mean a trip to the Hospital!
Then someone that allergic shouldn't move into a building that allows pets. There's no way every single speck could possibly be cleaned up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaTownsley View Post
You made it about the cat when you cited the cat cleansing fee. You seem to think that absolves you of any damages the cat made to the unit. That’s not how it works.

It’s hard to say without seeing the documents and correspondence between you and what verbiage is being used for the money being withheld.
Where did they say the cat damaged the unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
If you didn’t have a pet, you wouldn’t be paying this fee. More than likely they are treating your unit for fleas and not ‘cleaning the carpet’.
Where did OP say there were fleas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
Why do people always bish about the carpet cleaning? You made it dirty, so pay up.
Just think of it as $120 over 12 months, which is $10 per month for clean carpet.

What I really don't understand is those who live in a place for 4 years, walk their stank shoes all over the carpet, and object to paying $120 for professional carpet cleaning.
Amortized over 4 years, that's just $2.50 per month !!!!!!!

I'd like to see all you people sit on the floor where dogs and cats have wiped their anuses. Yeah it LOOKS clean.

How about this spoon and plate... I'll just wipe this dirty spoon with a paper towel until it looks shiny, and let you eat from it. I mean, it looks clean.
If you are so worried about carpet being "dirty," then don't live in a place that has carpet. You're right, you have NO idea what the previous tenant did on that carpet. And if the landlord is that worried about it, maybe they shouldn't put carpet in.

Quote:
Again, without seeing the lease and any additional correspondence, we cannot give an accurate opinion based on your OP. Your story is too confusing and hard to follow, especially when you say “forget these details and tell me your opinion.” Then you get mad when people tell you something you don’t want to hear. What the point in posting then?
OP was very clear. Professionally-cleaned carpet is not required in the lease. They have already paid a cleaning fee. And now are being asked to pay more to have the carpet cleaned. What's confusing about that?

Quote:
If you’re repeating yourself that many times, obviously people are asking the same questions and/or telling you the same thing based on what YOU wrote.
Or, as is actually the case, people keep posting with irrelevant information while they put words into OP's mouth about how much "damage" OP's cat has allegedly caused... so far it has been speculated that the cat has peed on the carpet, snowed so much dandruff all over it that the next tenant is going to instantly keel over dead, has damaged the apartment, and has fleas. None of which the OP said was the case.

Quote:
But it sounds like they are going to deduct an additional carpet cleaning fee besides the $125 OP has already paid. That's the point.

Old 08-08-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
So you're being charged a cleaning fee, and also expected to clean? Then what is the cleaning fee for? Last time I had an apartment with a "cleaning fee," when I was moving out and told them I was almost done cleaning up before I left, they told me to not even bother to sweep the floor-- "that's why you paid a cleaning fee."

Then someone that allergic shouldn't move into a building that allows pets. There's no way every single speck could possibly be cleaned up.

Where did they say the cat damaged the unit?

Where did OP say there were fleas?

If you are so worried about carpet being "dirty," then don't live in a place that has carpet. You're right, you have NO idea what the previous tenant did on that carpet. And if the landlord is that worried about it, maybe they shouldn't put carpet in.

OP was very clear. Professionally-cleaned carpet is not required in the lease. They have already paid a cleaning fee. And now are being asked to pay more to have the carpet cleaned. What's confusing about that?

Or, as is actually the case, people keep posting with irrelevant information while they put words into OP's mouth about how much "damage" OP's cat has allegedly caused... so far it has been speculated that the cat has peed on the carpet, snowed so much dandruff all over it that the next tenant is going to instantly keel over dead, has damaged the apartment, and has fleas. None of which the OP said was the case.

But it sounds like they are going to deduct an additional carpet cleaning fee besides the $125 OP has already paid. That's the point.
You nailed the entire thing. I agreed to do the mandatory $125 because it's on the pet addendum. This fee would be for lack of professional carpet cleaning even though nowhere in the lease does anything like this even appear. You are actually incredible for summarizing this better than I ever could!!

Old 08-08-2019, 10:11 PM

13,933 posts, read 39,446,206 times
K12144 NO they are NOT! That Dumb idea came from folks that they charged & the folks complained about on the internet. THEY Can Not Charged her More than the Agreed cost .... Contract Signed by the OP & LL. IN Writing says $125 to clean carpets once she moves. $125 is ALL they can charge her.

Contract Law

•Offer. An offer must be made in a contract. $125 to cover the cost of Cleaning the Carpet
•Acceptance. Acceptance is the agreement of the other party to the offer presented. Parties OP & LL
•Consideration. All parties to any contract must provide the other parties something of value,... For the privileges of having a cat OP agreed to having the carpets cleaned by LL for Total of $125 one time fee to be paid thru the OP Pet Deposit.
•Competency. All parties entering into a contract must have a legal capacity, or competency,... Being of Sound Mind Being of Age to agree to this contract. Both the OP & LL ... In Other words was the time the Agreement was made & Signed Was the OP Old enough or Smart enough to understand what she was signing?

Last edited by Katie1; 08-08-2019 at 10:19 PM..

Old 08-09-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
K12144 NO they are NOT! That Dumb idea came from folks that they charged & the folks complained about on the internet. THEY Can Not Charged her More than the Agreed cost .... Contract Signed by the OP & LL. IN Writing says $125 to clean carpets once she moves. $125 is ALL they can charge her.

Contract Law

•Offer. An offer must be made in a contract. $125 to cover the cost of Cleaning the Carpet
•Acceptance. Acceptance is the agreement of the other party to the offer presented. Parties OP & LL
•Consideration. All parties to any contract must provide the other parties something of value,... For the privileges of having a cat OP agreed to having the carpets cleaned by LL for Total of $125 one time fee to be paid thru the OP Pet Deposit.
•Competency. All parties entering into a contract must have a legal capacity, or competency,... Being of Sound Mind Being of Age to agree to this contract. Both the OP & LL ... In Other words was the time the Agreement was made & Signed Was the OP Old enough or Smart enough to understand what she was signing?
No, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm thinking but It seems like you have other opinions. K12144 is 100% correct about the situation and all of the facts about the post.

Old 08-09-2019, 10:43 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,056,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewG96 View Post
Imagine paying $130 to clean a carpet when it had a year of life expectancy left tops. What a surreal thinking pattern. Again, since reading is too complicated of a task here, this is reguardless of pets. I understand some things may be hard to comprehend though, like reading more than 2 sentences at a time.
You never said the carpets had 1 year life expectancy. You said "carpet slightly loosing it's "fluff feeling" "

That doesn't sound like 1 year life left.

I understand some things may be hard to explain though.

Post a picture and let's see that 1 year carpet life expectancy

Old 08-09-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
You never said the carpets had 1 year life expectancy. You said "carpet slightly loosing it's "fluff feeling" "

That doesn't sound like 1 year life left.

I understand some things may be hard to explain though.

Post a picture and let's see that 1 year carpet life expectancy
It was in reference to you clearly wanting to be paid after a Tennant lives in a room for 4 years. Apartment grade carpet has an expectancy of 1-5 years and all it really shows is your greed if you as a LL refuse to replace it yourself. I get it though, thinking sometimes can be tough.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:12 AM

Anyway I got the answers I needed, thanks to the few of you who actually read the question and responded without fabricating garbage! Going to go ahead and unsubcribe from emails so I'll probably stop responding, thanks again for all the input!

Old 08-09-2019, 02:24 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,056,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewG96 View Post
It was in reference to you clearly wanting to be paid after a Tennant lives in a room for 4 years. Apartment grade carpet has an expectancy of 1-5 years and all it really shows is your greed if you as a LL refuse to replace it yourself. I get it though, thinking sometimes can be tough.
It's not greed. You're an animal if you kill new apartment grade carpet in 1 year.

That's some fabricated garbage.

Even the cheapest carpet lasts more than 1 year.

I get it though, you have some unrealistic expectations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting