Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2020, 01:33 PM

106,723 posts, read 108,913,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
Have you tried to ask Corona-virus to take responsibility for this problem?
Yep , but it said it is the government’s problem to deal with it equitably across all businesses,that includes those in the business of real estate too..somehow all business should share the hit as we are all in this together and not cherry pick what businesses get paid and what don’t
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 02:33 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,840,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Yep , but it said it is the government’s problem to deal with it equitably across all businesses,that includes those in the business of real estate too..somehow all business should share the hit as we are all in this together and not cherry pick what businesses get paid and what don’t

By your logic, I should be able to go the the supermarket right now, fill up my cart and simply walk out the door. Or better yet, lets just stop paying for our car notes, car insurance and gas. Sorry, but your not making sense.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
By your logic, I should be able to go the the supermarket right now, fill up my cart and simply walk out the door. Or better yet, lets just stop paying for our car notes, car insurance and gas. Sorry, but your not making sense.
you should have to pay but you should at some point be compensated equitably and no I can’t define equitably ..

But the fact is you have business and individuals who were not shut down by govt choice doing fine and allowed to get paid in full for whatever it is they do to earn a living while others were by govt choice shut down , taking a financial hit ..

A landlord can try to qualify to just have the mortgage payments due added to the end of the mortgage with no penalty or interest ...well what does their tenant get ?

So I am not smart enough to say how this should be adjusted out so everyone feels a pinch instead of only select businesses and workers but there is a huge inequality in the way this shut down was done.

All of it can’t be adjusted out , I get that ..but I would say if a landlord got a mortgage reduction or reallocation of payment ,and has a tenant there should be a mandatory adjustment rent wise so both are not totally off the hook , but share some of the pain

Last edited by mathjak107; 05-02-2020 at 03:16 PM..

Old 05-02-2020, 03:09 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,145,269 times
Quote:
you should have to pay but you should at some point be compensated equitably and no I can’t define equitably ..

But the fact is you have business and individuals who were not shut down by govt choice doing fine while others were by govt choice shut down , taking a financial hit ..

So I am not smart enough to say how this should be adjusted out so everyone feels a pinch instead of only select businesses and workers but there is a huge inequality in the way this shut down was done
For that reason government is paying unemployment for workers that are out of work, plus $600 per week by federal government in additional to unemployment insurance. Federal government is sending to most individual $1200 plus $500 per child. Also made gig workers now eligible for unemployment as well. Government is doing plenty to support people during this crisis.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:09 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,840,356 times
I am in a position to pay my mortgage as it's due or once the moritoriam is lifted.

How many tenants do you think are in a position to pay 3-4 months back rent once the ban is lifted....crickets!

Old 05-02-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
I am in a position to pay my mortgage as it's due or once the moritoriam is lifted.

How many tenants do you think are in a position to pay 3-4 months back rent once the ban is lifted....crickets!

Most if not all of them should be in that position. They receive 1200-2400 for feds, they are receiving $600 from feds if they are eligible for unemployment which they should be if they had a job, they are also receiving additional unemployment payment from the state. It should be no one fault but their own if they can't pay the rent.

Old 05-02-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Most if not all of them should be in that position. They receive 1200-2400 for feds, they are receiving $600 from feds if they are eligible for unemployment which they should be if they had a job, they are also receiving additional unemployment payment from the state. It should be no one fault but their own if they can't pay the rent.
I am bored arguing this silliness with you..tomorrow is three weeks I am waiting for a call back from unemployment.....nothing ..you can’t even call ....the automated system says you should do your application on line and someone will call to complete it with you within 72 hours ......if you try to call ,when you try to speak to a rep it asks you to input your ss number and pin ...it tells you your application is in their system and you need to talk to a representative to complete it ....then it hangs up on you .......

It can take months for them to call someone..those who really need the money are going to have some wait ....one guy posted on line he called 300x in 2 weeks time and got no one

Old 05-02-2020, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I am bored arguing this silliness with you..tomorrow is three weeks I am waiting for a call back from unemployment.....nothing ..you can’t even call ....the automated system says you should do your application on line and someone will call to complete it with you within 72 hours ......if you try to call ,when you try to speak to a rep it asks you to input your ss number and pin ...it tells you your application is in their system and you need to talk to a representative to complete it ....then it hangs up on you .......

It can take months for them to call someone..those who really need the money are going to have some wait ....one guy posted on line he called 300x in 2 weeks time and got no one

What state are we talking about?

Old 05-02-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
What state are we talking about?
Ny, specifically I am in nyc

Old 05-02-2020, 08:30 PM

453 posts, read 411,033 times
Quote:
Unemployment is a mess, you can’t even get ahold of someone. You have to put in for a “call back” online. My wife hasn’t received a call in over 6 weeks.

A lot of people haven’t even sniffed a payout yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting