Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 06:43 AM

438 posts, read 1,115,620 times

Advertisements

Stalking hasn't happened to me on CD, but I did encounter it years ago on another forum, so I know how creepy it is.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. I thought CD was good about not letting people open more than one account?

Old 04-03-2011, 07:02 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,468,542 times
Thanks riverbird,

I have a pretty good idea of the culprit. They won't be my first and possibly not my last fan. The stories I have stored away.

BTW, lots of sun, sand and water, but, very little sand castles got built today, mostly we just built on one conversation after another. Some did make a good effort at first, kinda just ended up looking like Dolly Pardon.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:47 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,049,698 times
Default I'm back !

It was interesting hanging out on this thread for a couple of years knowing that the time would come when I had to make the decision to relocate "alone" and where it would be

The time has come to face my reality ~~ to downsize, to sell the property, to relocate alone ~~ but where Florida still is my first option but California Dreamin' is still my favorite

It doesn't get any easier the older we get

Old 04-16-2011, 10:32 AM

What's keeping you from going with your favorite? Personally, I love living in FL, but if I could have afforded CA, I probably would have chosen to live there for a while, though I might have ended up in FL in the long run.

I was looking forward to you coming out my way, but whatever you decide, I just want you and the rest of the bunch of us to be happy in our choices.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:57 AM

2,790 posts, read 6,132,112 times
and here I am, in South Florida, and I want to move out of the sub-tropics. I miss the seasons and don't care for hurricanes.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:23 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,049,698 times
Default so many choices & so little time ~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
What's keeping you from going with your favorite? Personally, I love living in FL, but if I could have afforded CA, I probably would have chosen to live there for a while, though I might have ended up in FL in the long run.

I was looking forward to you coming out my way, but whatever you decide, I just want you and the rest of the bunch of us to be happy in our choices.
Sarasota/Venice is still my first option, as is Stuart, etc. ~ either coast of FL might work for me, and they have pros & cons that I'm familiar with, having lived in s/FL for over 30 years. But, that familiarity with FL is also what's making me hesitate about doing it again

My personal issue is that this would probably be my last move as, at age 72, I barely have the mental and physical energy to complete the project ~~ after deciding WHERE

Old 04-16-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
and here I am, in South Florida, and I want to move out of the sub-tropics. I miss the seasons and don't care for hurricanes.
I don't know what to say popcorn, your area is so beautiful, I just can't imagine wanting to leave that area if I owned a piece of that yard. Are you considering moving and where would you consider if so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
Sarasota/Venice is still my first option, as is Stuart, etc. ~ either coast of FL might work for me, and they have pros & cons that I'm familiar with, having lived in s/FL for over 30 years. But, that familiarity with FL is also what's making me hesitate about doing it again

I do understand some of what might make you think twice, it's probably why CA is more suited to my personality, but because I've pretty much always been cut from a different cloth, I've always managed to make my surroundings fit me.

My personal issue is that this would probably be my last move as, at age 72, I barely have the mental and physical energy to complete the project ~~ after deciding WHERE
This I understand as well, I'm worn out too even though I'm in my 50's. I figured this would be my last move. California, was on my list of places to move to. Staying in NC, closer to the ocean, was a consideration when a some of us were talking about co-existing in the area at one point. I don't know what ever happened to that dream. But it would be nice to have at least a one of you gals in the same County.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I don't know what to say popcorn, your area is so beautiful, I just can't imagine wanting to leave that area if I owned a piece of that yard. Are you considering moving and where would you consider if so?

This I understand as well, I'm worn out too even though I'm in my 50's. I figured this would be my last move. California, was on my list of places to move to. Staying in NC, closer to the ocean, was a consideration when a some of us were talking about co-existing in the area at one point. I don't know what ever happened to that dream. But it would be nice to have at least a one of you gals in the same County.
Thanks for your compliments Just want to make it clear that my profile picture is where I work, not my yard. I need to travel more to see where I might want to move to. I am hoping to drive up to Kansas to the Flint Hills region either this summer or next.

I have heard several people just rave about Mt. Dora, Florida. I really don't like the rat-race feeling of Dade County and the crime. I've lived down here nearly 40 years. My house has been broken into twice with several other attempts - the alarm scares the b******* away! Too much traffic, too much rudeness...... I lost nearly everything in Hurricane Andrew and have gone thru several hurricanes since. I just don't want to have the stress every summer of storm season. But, I am not sure if I want to go through nasty winters.

I love the West and wide open spaces, wilderness, no traffic, friendly people, etc. I am originally from the midwest. The east coast of the US does not interest me. I'm still thinkin

Old 04-16-2011, 03:12 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,023,646 times
Default Hey popcorn

Have you ever thought about Colorado? I may be meeting Tesaje July/Aug for a day or so - maybe you could join us?

I would like to get a small place in CO and then spend a month or 2 in FL or somewhere, just for the change. I do love the ocean. Variety is the spice of life (or so I hear).

Old 04-16-2011, 03:20 PM

I would love to spend part of the year (April - October?) in a cooler clime and winters where it is warm. Not sure about finances though. On the road trip I went on last summer to Red Lodge, Montana we drove through Colorado in a day. It certainly is on my radar hmmmmmm maybe....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement