Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2021, 12:09 PM

3,217 posts, read 2,425,895 times

Advertisements

I do believe those in charge are waiting until Biden is in office on the 20th and then miraculously the vaccines will appear. Not a conspiracy theorist but I have lived long enough to know what people are capable of in order to push a certain agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2021, 12:20 PM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
Merged this general "vaccine rant" into the general Covid discussion thread.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:42 PM

131 posts, read 97,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
My sister is 65 and lives in Maricopa county. She can’t sign up online because the site keeps crashing. I doubt you will get through on Tuesday to make an appointment, that is if they have any vaccines left by then.
You register on the state site. That will enable one to register for an appointment starting next week on the county site. My 75-year-old neighbor got her appointment and got her shot two days ago. Said it was a breeze. You do have to work at it for a bit to get the appointment, since so many are signing up. But it seems to work well.

Last edited by AZPurdue; 01-16-2021 at 12:56 PM..

Old 01-16-2021, 12:52 PM

5,327 posts, read 6,012,751 times
I was pleasantly surprised to learn that those who were patients of xxx hospital in the prior two years would automatically receive a notice via MyChart advising them of their eligibility to receive the vaccine at one of its medical centers.

Old 01-16-2021, 12:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I am 58 and in good health with no preexisting conditions that I know of, but I lost my spouse unexpectedly about five months ago, and then I fell and broke my right elbow really badly, which meant I had to have surgery in October and now I have tons of permanent hardware in my right arm. GOOD TIMES! But apparently that's not enough of a pre existing condition to move me to the front of the line, because I signed up online and haven't heard a peep from anyone. So I guess I'll just wait along with nearly everyone else.

Old 01-16-2021, 01:00 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am 58 and in good health with no preexisting conditions that I know of, but I lost my spouse unexpectedly about five months ago, and then I fell and broke my right elbow really badly, which meant I had to have surgery in October and now I have tons of permanent hardware in my right arm. GOOD TIMES! But apparently that's not enough of a pre existing condition to move me to the front of the line, because I signed up online and haven't heard a peep from anyone. So I guess I'll just wait along with nearly everyone else.

I have HBP, take immuno-suppresants, and have a collection of autoimmune diseases.

Our state doesn't even HAVE a category for high risk people. I won't see a vax until summer probably.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-16-2021, 03:34 PM

43,056 posts, read 18,223,725 times
the longer we wait the more choices we'll have. I prefer the J&J or AZ vaccine over the Pfizer/Moderna ones.

I'm in the general public group which the plans say early fall 2021. But at the rate things are going it may go well into 2022.

Old 01-16-2021, 05:06 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,752,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
the longer we wait the more choices we'll have. I prefer the J&J or AZ vaccine over the Pfizer/Moderna ones.

I'm in the general public group which the plans say early fall 2021. But at the rate things are going it may go well into 2022.
I would also prefer a conventional vaccine over the mRNA vaccines if given a choice..

Our son and grandson tested positive for Covid and our DIL and granddaughter are still negative. They are almost at the end of their quarantine. The “kid” that installed our solar system was diagnosed two days after our install and was back on the job today, getting serial serial numbers off of our system. As we know more people contracting the virus, the odds are increasing that we will get Covid before we get a chance at any type of vaccine.

Old 01-16-2021, 05:15 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to learn that those who were patients of xxx hospital in the prior two years would automatically receive a notice via MyChart advising them of their eligibility to receive the vaccine at one of its medical centers.

A triple-x hospital? Are the nurses hot?

Old 01-16-2021, 07:17 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlguy44 View Post
It's amazing to think that in the 1950s, the mass vaccination campaign for polio ran so smoothly....and that's with much less technology than we have today!
There was much less paperwork and the injection gun was used, enabling a quick assembly line approach. From this documentary it looks like there was no paperwork at all. Folks just lined up and got shot with the vaccine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04h7d7MnREw

Go to about 16 minutes if you do not want to watch how the campaign was set up, though that was interesting to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement