Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2024, 01:22 PM

5,949 posts, read 5,118,232 times

Advertisements

I'm up to date with vaccines.

Almost 82 years old.

Recovering (hopefully) from Covid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 02:41 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,981,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post

Almost 82 years old.

Glad to hear it from you!

Old 04-05-2024, 02:56 PM

4,865 posts, read 3,292,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshultz View Post
Here's the latest vaccination trends:
https://www.cdc.gov/respiratory-viru...ds-adults.html
42.1% of adults 65 years and older have received the 2023-2024 COVID-19 vaccine.
73.9% of adults 65 years and older have received the latest annual influenza vaccine.
23.6% of adults 60 years and older have received the RSV vaccine.
Yes on all 3 for me.

66 YO spouse has had all three. I just turned 64 and haven't (and won't) taken any of them.

Old 04-06-2024, 11:01 PM

492 posts, read 406,939 times
NYgal1542 - I hope you're feeling well, and feeling better each day.

Old 04-27-2024, 09:59 PM

1,831 posts, read 810,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post

Almost 82 years old.

Are you taking Paxlovid? My friend & I were both sick with covid at the same time (living on different coasts). We both took Paxlovid & got well so much faster.

Old 04-28-2024, 11:38 AM

9,872 posts, read 7,750,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Are you taking Paxlovid? My friend & I were both sick with covid at the same time (living on different coasts). We both took Paxlovid & got well so much faster.
My sister takes it every time she gets covid, but she also has had the rebound. My BIL's doctor won't prescribe it to him because of his heart condition.

Old Yesterday, 06:48 AM

4,539 posts, read 3,762,449 times
I recently had my annual with our primary doctor. When I asked her about the latest Covid vaccination, she stated since I have no underlying health issues it isn’t necessary, although the choice is up to me. I was surprised. She isn’t sure she wants healthy patients receiving it yearly like the flu vaccine. She did suggest I get the shingles vaccine.

Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM

5,949 posts, read 5,118,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenah View Post
NYgal1542 - I hope you're feeling well, and feeling better each day.
Thank you! Every day is better. I was pretty sick for at least a week. Probably longer, maybe 2 weeks. I didn't keep track.

I did not take any medication other than what my doctor recommended, Tylenol and Coricidin.

Since I had all of the shots for Covid, I am wondering if I should do it again next year. I still got sick.

It seems that just about every year a new virus pops up and we go through this again.

During this illness I heard from my ex. Divorced 40 years, never heard a peep from him. Now he wants to be "friends". He is married to third wife. When I said I didn't think that was a good idea, he told me I needed to go to church (he found Jesus recently). So now neither of my adult (both in 60s) children want anything to do with me. Happy mother's day to me.

Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM

2,280 posts, read 1,675,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
I recently had my annual with our primary doctor. When I asked her about the latest Covid vaccination, she stated since I have no underlying health issues it isn’t necessary, although the choice is up to me. I was surprised. She isn’t sure she wants healthy patients receiving it yearly like the flu vaccine. She did suggest I get the shingles vaccine.
Jean, interesting that my doc said the same thing about me getting the latest Covid vax. I had 3 shots but not the most recent so they had probably worn off or the virus had changed. When I did get Covid, I didn’t even realize I had it until DH had some minor congestion and I figured I’d use our test kits. My only symptoms, thinking back, were feeling chilled and tired for a day or two but I thought that was just from jet lag.

I did get the shingles vax as my mother really suffered with that. My doc also said maybe I could choose to wait a year before getting the RSV vax as she wants to see more research. Again, this only applies to me with no underlying conditions.

Old Today, 08:48 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,302,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
Also the same for me as far as a Covid shot. My doctor told me he's not recommending I get another. Furthermore, he said he's done as far as additional Covid shots for himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement