Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2023, 09:29 AM

975 posts, read 533,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I noticed a big sign at one of the locally owned Pharmacies I passed by today that they had Ivermectin available OTC; no prescription needed. I guess I didn't realize that it was still in vogue for treating Covid.
It will be available as long as people buy it, the goal is profit, not health care. You can get it at the feed store and always have been able to. They even have a chart you can use to determine the dose because people use it for their horses and dogs and need to make sure they use the right dosage. It is for parasites, and maybe all of us should be taking a dose of it once a year just for good measure but it does not cure any virus. You don't cure virus' you boost your immune system to fight them off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2023, 12:30 PM

587 posts, read 443,142 times
H and I returned from our 16 day trip to Porto, Lisbon and London last Sunday. We stayed healthy the whole time we were there and have continued to stay healthy (knock on wood) at home. We had the flu, new Covid and RSV vaccines 2 weeks before we traveled.

Old 11-03-2023, 12:35 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Us too. Weathered a trip to Scotland and a Halloween ball in San Fran, none of us got sick.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-04-2023, 12:15 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
While visiting SoCal, we were able to get the newest vax for free at CVS through an obscure gov't program for the uninsured called "Bridge" something, that I found online. The tech had never heard of it, so we were the first to avail ourselves of it. Otherwise, it would have been $190 each. Yikes.

Old 11-05-2023, 05:13 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Ugh…both my husband and I just recovered from Covid— first time for us both.
Razor blade throat, head cold and fatigue. And after getting two negative tests, I then got Paxlovid rebound for another six days which was worse than the first bout.

Old 11-05-2023, 12:45 PM

3,577 posts, read 4,507,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Razor blade throat, head cold and fatigue. And after getting two negative tests, I then got Paxlovid rebound for another six days which was worse than the first bout.
I haven’t had Covid yet.
Most people I know are getting it third or fourth times.
Yikes

Old 11-06-2023, 08:57 AM

8,333 posts, read 4,372,464 times
Returned back from 3 weeks in Europe this Friday evening, no symptoms of anything yet. I decided against any further boosters because I developed a lot of premature beats (I mean cardiac) after the 2nd and 3rd dose Pfizer in April and Dec 2021; I am not going for possible atrial fibrillation with the 4th dose. I'm glad I got vaccinated, I hope I'll retain some long-term immunity, but I'll have to brave the virus-infested world without that particular vaccine in the future...

Old 11-06-2023, 10:29 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
We still haven't gotten Covid, or flu or RSV for that matter. Masks work.

Unfortunately, we miss all the places where we used to eat out. True, many of them have gone out of business, but just once I wish we could go to a Brazilian steakhouse and dine at our leisure without worrying about getting infected. I'm 70, my husband is 73 next January.

Old 11-10-2023, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
While visiting SoCal, we were able to get the newest vax for free at CVS through an obscure gov't program for the uninsured called "Bridge" something, that I found online. The tech had never heard of it, so we were the first to avail ourselves of it. Otherwise, it would have been $190 each. Yikes.
I believe every state has a program to administer vaccines free to uninsured people. In my state you have to go to the public hospital clinic. But it is not a problem.

Old 11-10-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I got covid last october and this october. The first time I had a fever for 3 and 1/2 days, my daughter made me go to the ER where they gave me Paxlovid. It was a 5 day dose but I quit taking it after the 3rd day because I had horrible leg cramps (from my ankles to my butt), the doctor poo poo'd me about that being caused by Paxlovid, but it said on the box that was a common side effect. I was sick for 3 weeks. My friend and my sister in law were sick about the same time and took all 5 doses of Paxlovid, they popped out of bed, tested negative and had a good time for almost a week, then were bed ridden, sicker than before, and tested positive again. It took them 3 weeks after that to be ok. Paxlovid is worse than Tamiflu.

This October I was sick for a week, tested positve, then a week later felt better and tested negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement