Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2023, 08:50 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,320,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What they are saying is that people who have had covid and/or the vaccine are more susceptible to this variant than to earlier variants.
I agree. I was just going to say the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2023, 09:07 PM

2,299 posts, read 1,521,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
What?

I was not aware that 99%+ have either had COVID or been vaccinated.

I only know a few people who were vaccinated.

So unless someone got it completely asymptomatic and is unaware of having had COVID, I think that maybe 50% of the people that I know have not had COVID nor have they been vaccinated.
Seriously! Gosh, another world.
Here 95% have been vaccinated, at least 80% have had Covid so a guess would be around 98% either or. Mostly both, and mostly mildly. Deaths total around 22,000.

Old 09-10-2023, 09:16 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,320,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Seriously! Gosh, another world.
Here 95% have been vaccinated, at least 80% have had Covid so a guess would be around 98% either or. Mostly both, and mostly mildly. Deaths total around 22,000.
It varies. According to the Covid Act Now website, the county where I live is at 92.5% of the population vaccinated with at least one dose and 84% with two or more.

Old 09-10-2023, 10:22 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,661,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
It varies. According to the Covid Act Now website, the county where I live is at 92.5% of the population vaccinated with at least one dose and 84% with two or more.
And the county where I am is at 58% for one dose and 52.5% for two or more. And many of the rural counties here in Tennessee are way below even those numbers. Politics and education play a large part around here in these numbers.

Last edited by JRR; 09-10-2023 at 10:32 PM..

Old 09-11-2023, 11:22 AM

5,328 posts, read 6,019,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
And the county where I am is at 58% for one dose and 52.5% for two or more. And many of the rural counties here in Tennessee are way below even those numbers. Politics and education play a large part around here in these numbers.
Those two factors play a large part everywhere. But point taken!

Old 09-11-2023, 02:49 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,269,535 times
New booster got approved. Should be available starting next week.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/fda-ap...y?id=103084102

Old 09-11-2023, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 457 times

agreed, I did my best to follow the health guidelines in my community, masks, distancing, waiting in the lines and patience.

that was all fine and good and safe.

I purchased / bought three separate Covid 19 self - test kits at Walgreens, I tested myself three times, the first test was positive, I simply could not believe it, I felt great - no conditions, no signs of my health having problems, nothing whatsoever wrong with my health, no cough or congestion or anything at all, I felt like I was in perfect health.

I immediately was shocked, so i tested again with the second test kit and it was negative, then I tested the third test kit and again was negative.

it was a very strange experience but I just did not know what to conclude. I had heard of loved ones and friends who were older and whom already had health problems who had contracted Covid 19 virus and had suffered and died.

but no-one around me had any problems with Covid 19 it was friends and loved ones who lived in other states - - far away.

I felt such a sadness that I cannot explain when I think of my loved ones, friends and family who suffered but this was all from a distance because no one around me where I live in my community had any problems with Covid 19.

I always washed my hands immediately when coming home , took always took off my shoes off before entering my home and wore my mask always in public for about a full year.

I could never bear the thought of bring Covid 19 into my home and infecting my family. I just could not live with the thought of this becoming reality.

Old 09-11-2023, 05:18 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
That is kind of to be expected. You live in a rural area and rural areas were more resistant to getting vaccinated.
I can see where that would make sense.

But sometimes life will trick you.

Living rural I would have expected to never in my life to meet a transgender person. But, in the last 2 years I have met four of them, In our church we call them 'eunuchs' [KJV phrase meaning anyone who has had their genitals surgically removed].

Old 09-11-2023, 05:25 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
I was not aware of that website. Thank you.

It says that my county is:

COMMUNITY RISK LEVEL - LOW

We have 0 weekly COVID admissions

Patients with COVID 1.1% [of all beds]

Percent boosted is 24.5%

Old 09-11-2023, 05:33 PM

3,097 posts, read 2,223,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What they are saying is that people who have had covid and/or the vaccine are more susceptible to this variant than to earlier variants.
^^^This. The variant is more able to evade the antibodies from previous vaccines and/or vaccines. Those without antibodies from either would not fare better.

This time there is no mandate to vaccinate. So, the anti-vaxx crowd can just avoid taking it. We are looking to get vaccinated as soon as we can get the updated vaccine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement