Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2021, 06:15 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,950,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
News item:

They should make these refuseniks wear big scarlet badges that say "not vaccinated" so we patients can avoid them.
Why? We can get and pass it whether vaccinated or not. The ones who should be most worried are the unvaccinated due to the issue of more severe illness, ESPECIALLY if they've never had the infection. They are either completely antibody-less or have some crazy good immune system to have avoided it without any protection, especially HCWs, at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2021, 06:42 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Wasn't the current administration going to buy millions of them, or am I confused?
Yeah, and have insurance reimburse the rest. But seriously, we should have a cabinet full.

I needed to get tested because I had "cold" symptoms... and guests arriving the next day. Nary a test to be found in 5 stores.

I would LOVE to test everyone before xmas eve. But it would cost $175 right now, IF I can get tests and the reimbursement wouldn't start until January, and not retroactive as far as I know.

In the UK you get 7 free tests A DAY.

I think a lot of people care about not infecting each other, and at home testing would be a way to do that.

If you had contractors coming into your house to do work, wouldn't you like the ability to test them?

I think this is a major failure on the administration, and I find it disappointing.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-15-2021, 07:10 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,977,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yeah, and have insurance reimburse the rest. But seriously, we should have a cabinet full.

I needed to get tested because I had "cold" symptoms... and guests arriving the next day. Nary a test to be found in 5 stores.

I would LOVE to test everyone before xmas eve. But it would cost $175 right now, IF I can get tests and the reimbursement wouldn't start until January, and not retroactive as far as I know.

I think a lot of people care about not infecting each other, and at home testing would be a way to do that.

If you had contractors coming into your house to do work, wouldn't you like the ability to test them?

I think this is a major failure on the administration, and I find it disappointing.

Walmart has the BinaxNOW tests periodically. They're out at the moment but if you keep checking walmart.com every day, you'll find them. That's how I got mine.

Old 12-15-2021, 07:38 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,950,915 times
Quote:
Walmart has the BinaxNOW tests periodically. They're out at the moment but if you keep checking walmart.com every day, you'll find them. That's how I got mine.

Do they give instant results? I thought they stopped selling them due to false results. (can't remember + or -). I have a few people who are a bit worried about holiday gatherings and that could help lessen their worry.

Old 12-15-2021, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I'm not driving 60 miles round trip everyday. And yes, our store showed them n stock and when they got there they said they have been out for weeks

Old 12-15-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Do they give instant results? I thought they stopped selling them due to false results. (can't remember + or -). I have a few people who are a bit worried about holiday gatherings and that could help lessen their worry.
Yes. Seems all tests are subject to errors. Even pcr

Old 12-15-2021, 09:18 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,977,625 times
Quote:
I'm not driving 60 miles round trip everyday. And yes, our store showed them n stock and when they got there they said they have been out for weeks

I wasn't clear, sorry. Walmart.com ships them to you directly.

Old 12-15-2021, 09:57 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
What I think would help the most at this point is an abundance of free home covid tests. I think that could make a big difference in slowing the spread.
I agree, and I hate this idea that Biden brought up that if you buy them your insurance will reimburse you, I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't have the money to buy them and wait for reimbursement. Or they just don't have insurance at all

Old 12-15-2021, 10:08 PM

9,872 posts, read 7,747,075 times
Quote:

I think it must be a state issue. Here in SC we have free testing centers all over, PCR tests with results within 24-48 hours. I've gotten tested more times than I can count, there's no requirement to have symptoms. I agree that this is one of the most important things we can do.

Old 12-16-2021, 01:59 AM

106,750 posts, read 108,937,910 times
Quote:
Yes. Seems all tests are subject to errors. Even pcr
My wife tested negative twice even with symptoms..eventually she was hospitalized and finally tested positive.

The hospital said they only believe in using the long stick that feels like it’s poking your brain ..they found the pcr test that just rolls around the nostril not accurate enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement