Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 08:41 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes. Seems all tests are subject to errors. Even pcr
Thank you. I wasn't trying to imply that there was no margin of error nor that they were better or worse than any other test, just that I thought they stopped selling them. I'm sorry I wasn't clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2021, 06:23 AM

7,190 posts, read 9,327,431 times
Moderna booster shot should provide ‘good level of protection’ against omicron, vaccine-maker says

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...on-protection/

"Vaccine manufacturer Moderna said Monday that a booster dose of its coronavirus vaccine significantly raised antibody levels against the omicron variant, amid growing concerns about its rapid spread in the United States.

A booster dose of Moderna’s vaccine — half the dose used in the original shots for adults — increased antibody levels against omicron by 37 times, the company said in a statement, citing preliminary data.

Those antibodies “should provide some good level of protection as we go into the holiday season,” Paul Burton, Moderna’s chief medical officer, said in an interview."

Old 12-20-2021, 10:07 AM

18,733 posts, read 33,406,561 times
I was first in line.

Old 12-21-2021, 03:07 PM

37,471 posts, read 61,423,512 times
I know four people who are currently fighting COVID, and all four of them were previously vaccinated.

Of the statistics I see broadcast daily they never mention what percentage of patients are vaccinated.

Old 12-21-2021, 03:25 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
I had dinner last week with my son who subsequently tested positive for covid. He had been vaxxed in the spring (Pfizer) but not yet boosted. He is currently uncomfortable - I have tested negative. Moderna x3.

Old 12-21-2021, 06:18 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,666,603 times
Two more of my in-laws up in Ohio have COVID. They have both been vaccinated, so they are doing OK; just like a bad cold. Another one who was unvaccinated is still just hanging in there on oxygen. Not getting much better or worse

Old 12-21-2021, 07:13 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I know four people who are currently fighting COVID, and all four of them were previously vaccinated.

Of the statistics I see broadcast daily they never mention what percentage of patients are vaccinated.
Numbers on NYT dashboard includes that info
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-21-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Numbers on NYT dashboard includes that info
Hmm, I see where they show numbers for how many are vaccinated, I do not see how many of the COVID cases are vaccinated.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:37 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Hmm, I see where they show numbers for how many are vaccinated, I do not see how many of the COVID cases are vaccinated.
They always told us the vaccine would probably prevent serious infection or hospitalization. Most of the people in the hospital are unvaccinated. What I've read is that just before they are intubated or put on a ventilator, a lot of them say, "Can I get the vaccine?"

What concerns me is hospitalizations and serious illness. Lots of people can get infected but have zero or mild symptoms so I don't bother too much with how many people become infected. My elderly neighbor got Covid--vaccinated and all--just didn't feel too well for a few days and got tested. Was outside walking around but avoiding people until she tested negative.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
They always told us the vaccine would probably prevent serious infection or hospitalization.
A con man will always spin a good tale.

Do you actually know anyone who currently has the COVID who is NOT vaccinated?

that this my point here.

Quote:
... Most of the people in the hospital are unvaccinated. What I've read is that just before they are intubated or put on a ventilator, a lot of them say, "Can I get the vaccine?"
I know the media is always pushing the con.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement