Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2021, 09:26 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I understand California has been sitting on hundreds of thousands of doses of vaccine. That must be frustrating.
That's not correct fluffy. https://www.latimes.com/california/s...id-19-vaccines

If can prove your claim, please do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 09:31 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Vaccines by amount distributed, doses given and % of pop.

Oops: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Last edited by Mikala43; 01-22-2021 at 10:39 AM..

Old 01-22-2021, 10:49 AM

587 posts, read 443,142 times
My parents and my grandma received the Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday and they are all doing well except for a little tenderness where the shot was administered. This has really made me happy this week!

Old 01-22-2021, 11:07 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's not correct fluffy. https://www.latimes.com/california/s...id-19-vaccines

If can prove your claim, please do so.
Sure, no problem. The information came from a Democratic strategist.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...n-apart-456665

Old 01-22-2021, 11:42 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Sure, no problem. The information came from a Democratic strategist.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...n-apart-456665
CA IS having problems, sheer size and one of the largest outbreaks (less medical personnel available), but their percentage of distributed vaccine is just a bit less than most other states.

I wish we had more info on the CA variant.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-22-2021, 03:08 PM

3,886 posts, read 3,500,151 times
Here in New Hampshire, not much is happening. In theory, today, the 22nd, they opened registration to folks 65 and over. In practice, not so much. This AM, I went to the state vaccine website, entered my data, and at the end, got a message that I'd get an email in 3-5 days with directions on how to proceed. No joke. Maybe those who register by phone were actually able to book an appointment, but the state 211 line, the number we're told to dial, hasn't worked so far today.

We are the only state in the union that does not have a state vaccine registration website. Right now, the actual booking and registering an appointment is handled by the CDC!

Old 01-22-2021, 03:38 PM

4,536 posts, read 3,752,456 times
We had our first injection today in a drive through, no getting out of the car. They checked our registration #, we showed ID’s (our FL drivers license) and we were checked off a list. Then we were sent to the nurses, one on each side of the car. They took our consent forms and asked for any prior history of allergic reactions and gave us the injection after asking if we had any questions or concerns.

We were sent to a parking area with attendants to wait for 15 minutes (in case of an allergic reaction) before being allowed to leave. They placed a paper with our time on our windshield. Some people were held longer if they had a history of prior allergic reactions. We left with an injection information card and printed instructions for post injection, which were what the nurses had told us. We were in and out in under a half hour. It was well organized, efficient and all the staff were great. I was pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by jean_ji; 01-22-2021 at 04:40 PM..

Old 01-22-2021, 05:43 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,381,688 times
My State's Phase 1b consists of four large groups with vaccines to be provided in sequence to the four groups starting with the 75+ group. Early on there were reports of several small counties vaccinating teachers ahead of others but this could be due to leftover vaccines where healthcare workers declined them. Then today the State Dept of Health cancelled a large vaccination drive (1800 vaccines) scheduled for teachers in a nearby county that was planned weeks ago in conjunction with the county and the school district. There was some finger pointing as to how the mix up occurred as it was a clear violation of the state vaccine distribution plan.

The State also announced that as of today they are starting on the second group, ages 16+ with chronic conditions, in conjunction with the first 75+ group. So I guess they are making some progress although they have not finished all of Phase 1a long term care facilities. Starting with Phase 1b, we have a single vaccine registration system that randomly selects eligible people in the appropriate sub-phase and sends out available appointments. It seems to be working but too early to tell. Our local news stations are actively reporting any hiccups in the process.

Old 01-22-2021, 06:16 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,412,706 times
I will be included in Phase B in Colorado which is ages 60 to 69 along plus anyone aged 16 to 59 with conditions. I'm 60+ with conditions and will be lumped with someone age 20 with the same conditions. It's going to be a very long time.

Last edited by Gorges; 01-22-2021 at 07:24 PM..

Old 01-22-2021, 06:55 PM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
Here in New Hampshire, not much is happening. In theory, today, the 22nd, they opened registration to folks 65 and over. In practice, not so much. This AM, I went to the state vaccine website, entered my data, and at the end, got a message that I'd get an email in 3-5 days with directions on how to proceed. No joke. Maybe those who register by phone were actually able to book an appointment, but the state 211 line, the number we're told to dial, hasn't worked so far today.

We are the only state in the union that does not have a state vaccine registration website. Right now, the actual booking and registering an appointment is handled by the CDC!
If there is a state vaccine registration website for either Utah or Nevada, I'm not aware of it.

In Utah, I've gone to the county website. Summit County is home to Park City & Deer Valley, international ski destinations (I ski the 2002 Winter Olympics Mogul Course when it is open). We are allocated 400 doses per week. Twenty doses (as in 20 - not 21) are administered to the elderly per week. The remaining 380 go to public sector employees such as teachers, school district employees who work in back offices but in reality work-from-home, city hall bureaucrats and mandarins, and the like -- even if they do not live in Summit County. The public sector unions have threatened elected officials if elected officials do not put public sector unions at the head of the line.

A mere 20 doses are allocated to those over age 70 who also have significant co-morbidities. Monday of this week, the county opened up a registration website. I registered, and it sends an email saying that every week they will call 20 seniors on the phone to assign them an appointment. Not 21 -- just 20. The rest of the 380 go to otherwise healthy 20-somethings and 30-somethings who don't live in the county (it is expensive here) but work in the public sector.

If the State doesn't give the County the full 400 doses, the shortfall comes out of - you guessed it - the 20 doses allocated to the public.

Nevada is about the same. A letter to the editor published in the newspaper says appointments are many months in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement