Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 07:48 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,026,597 times

Advertisements

Mornin! Yes, I have a new screen name (mn2co). I need to get rid of 2 fidos that are drivin me nuts! Seems they have gotten use to eating on demand, outside on demand, everything on demand (I wonder who taught them all those nasty habits). Doggie bootcamp here we come (spoiled rotten mutts).

What goes today? Hmmmmm - we'll have to see~~~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 05:33 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,984,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Mornin! Yes, I have a new screen name (mn2co). I need to get rid of 2 fidos that are drivin me nuts! Seems they have gotten use to eating on demand, outside on demand, everything on demand (I wonder who taught them all those nasty habits). Doggie bootcamp here we come (spoiled rotten mutts).

What goes today? Hmmmmm - we'll have to see~~~
I'd take your mutts in a minute but know you'd never let them go. After all, they rule. Today I got rid of a bag that had three pieces of clothing, a chrome silverware holder that goes to a dish drainer (one that keeps falling off and also having to be scrubbed out) and a few more kitchen items. I'm giving my outdoor grill and a heavy little table to my son. Other than that, I have to confess I've slowed down quite a bit. It's the heat here, it's unbelievable. I can't get past the second stair to the attic. The cellar is cool. Friends helped me get rid of a bunch of old unusable stuff. But there's still so much more to go down there--I just don';t have the energy right now

Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I'd take your mutts in a minute but know you'd never let them go. After all, they rule. Today I got rid of a bag that had three pieces of clothing, a chrome silverware holder that goes to a dish drainer (one that keeps falling off and also having to be scrubbed out) and a few more kitchen items. I'm giving my outdoor grill and a heavy little table to my son. Other than that, I have to confess I've slowed down quite a bit. It's the heat here, it's unbelievable. I can't get past the second stair to the attic. The cellar is cool. Friends helped me get rid of a bunch of old unusable stuff. But there's still so much more to go down there--I just don';t have the energy right now
You're right - I'm full of hot air - I prefer to keep these mutts and make them suffer ().

Heat will suck the energy right out of you. Wait til it cools down - do as we procrastinators do - "Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow~~~~~~~"

Old 07-08-2010, 06:36 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,381,674 times
Stuff we put out for waste management extra trash removal

One of the items we put out was an old bike of my neighbor's. Some person picked it up by 9 a.m. Of course, the old dehumidifier, etc. had to wait for the actual waste pickup!

Old 07-09-2010, 06:03 AM

Default Flower Vases

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
I just got rid of quite a few flower vases. I tend to hang on to the vases my daughter sends me flowers in.
A friend who downsized had many flower vases. She gave them to the florist nearby and they were happy to get them. Good use as I'm sure Goodwill, etc. get many of them already.

Last edited by staywarm2; 07-09-2010 at 06:56 AM..

Old 07-09-2010, 06:28 AM

I'm looking around the house to see the one thing I can dispose of. I'm avoiding the cellar, I don't know why as it's cool down there. After I figure out how to put on the central AC (haven't used it in years) I will choose something and take it out

Old 07-09-2010, 06:39 AM

126 posts, read 161,849 times
'm retiring in a year an a half, and my wife retires in a year. We're planning to do part-time consulting work and to get ready, we're turning our third bedroom into an office space, which means we have to star going through files, cabinets and closets to get rid of stuff. It's amazing what kind of papers we've held onto over the years. I've still got receipts for stuff I've bought, used, and thrown away! ugh, sad, very sad.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:00 AM

Have started throwing away all paperwork on relo cities I've decided to eliminate. Wow, I collected a lot of stuff! Good recycling.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Have started throwing away all paperwork on relo cities I've decided to eliminate. Wow, I collected a lot of stuff! Good recycling.
Where's your newest destination?

Old 07-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Today I'm just packing up cut grass (mowing the yard) & pulling weeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement