Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2022, 07:16 AM

4,215 posts, read 1,668,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
You’re confusing stupid with ignorant.
See how easy it is to make my point. Fish in a barrel.

Last edited by PureBoston; 08-26-2022 at 07:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2022, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Which may account for that internal question you seem to have: "Why am I still a democrat?"
With the friends you've got here, you don't need enemies. I'm curious, do you consider your "Blue" associates here, many struggling with basic grammar and spelling let alone actual thought, to be representative of your "educated" base? Cuz the only "Red" fella here seems almost as smart as me. Funny thing?

Last edited by PureBoston; 08-26-2022 at 07:30 AM..

Old 08-26-2022, 07:49 AM

8,012 posts, read 4,692,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
With the friends you've got here, you don't need enemies. I'm curious, do you consider your "Blue" associates here, many struggling with basic grammar and spelling let alone actual thought, to be representative of your "educated" base? Cuz the only "Red" fella here seems almost as smart as me. Funny thing?
I would probably put more weight on a national studied approach to reach any conclusions about education's affect on the current political situation - rather than on the participants in a tiny City Data forum. Wouldn't you agree my learned fellow? As for grammar, I'll be the last one to throw stones.

Old 08-26-2022, 08:25 AM

Quote:
I would probably put more weight on a national studied approach to reach any conclusions about education's affect on the current political situation - rather than on the participants in a tiny City Data forum. Wouldn't you agree my learned fellow? As for grammar, I'll be the last one to throw stones.
Good to know that the Blue stupidity here can't be extrapolated to reach a broader conclusion. Very good to know. Personally, I don't give a rat's a**s about which sheepskin is voting for which candidate. If you've got time to worry about this stuff, I could use a monitor on my bus. Gotta be up at 5:30 though. And be punctual! I've got a gate time of 5:49 and my kids don't like to wait. And haven't we seen clearly from the examples I provided of your hapless local mayor and ex-governor the amazing and salutary effects on the "political situation" of these "educated" Blue Wonders.

Last edited by PureBoston; 08-26-2022 at 08:34 AM..

Old 08-26-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Good to know that the Blue stupidity here can't be extrapolated to reach a broader conclusion. Very good to know. Personally, I don't give a rat's a**s about which sheepskin is voting for which candidate. If you've got time to worry about this stuff, I could use a monitor on my bus. Gotta be up at 5:30 though. And be punctual! I've got a gate time of 5:49 and my kids don't like to wait. And haven't we seen clearly from the examples I provided of your hapless local mayor and ex-governor the amazing and salutary effects on the "political situation" of these Blue Wonders.
Or Blue Blunders. Reparations and hedge funds. One really can't make these "geniuses" up. Sure you wanna stick with the "we're smarter" argument? Don't answer, we'll talk about it on the bus.

Last edited by PureBoston; 08-26-2022 at 08:38 AM..

Old 08-26-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Good to know that the Blue stupidity here can't be extrapolated to reach a broader conclusion. Very good to know. Personally, I don't give a rat's a**s about which sheepskin is voting for which candidate.
Just trying to make some sense with what may seem inexplicable to some of us.

Old 08-26-2022, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Know what? I'm gonna call the Blue stupidity here anecdotal evidence. If they can't spell or think here, what makes us think they can anywhere else?

Old 08-26-2022, 08:54 AM

Okay, you got me, ACAB. But that's only four letters. And Boogaloo, beginners luck. "Canadian" geese. "Roll" model. Cracks are beginning to show.

Old 08-26-2022, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Know what? I'm gonna call the Blue stupidity here anecdotal evidence. If they can't spell or think here, what makes us think they can anywhere else?
Anecdotal evidence can be misleading.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Anecdotal evidence can be misleading.
And yet Allan Fung is sharp as a tack. I'm building a case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island