Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2022, 07:47 PM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times

Advertisements

July 22, 2022 - Sacramento City Neighborhood - East Sac
Early Morning to Late Afternoon - 6:00AM to 6:30PM
Beginning 2nd Month of Summer

Tracking the Day:

6:05AM - Early Morning
Outside temp - 60F - Very Cool & Very Sunny
Inside house temp - 72F - No A/C

7:30AM - Morning
Outside temp - 63F
Inside house temp - 68F - Turned-on Whole house fan at 7:00am ran for 30mins, off at 7:30am

10:00AM - Morning
Outside temp - 75F
Inside house temp - 71F - No A/C

11:00AM - Late Morning
Outside temp - 80F
Inside house temp - 72F - No A/C

2:30PM - Afternoon
Outside temp - 96F
Inside house temp - 74F - No A/C

Startng at 6AM Daylight hours - That's 2 hours of Very Cool temps in the 60's; and 2 hours of Cool-Comfortable temps in the 70's; and 2 hours of Comfortable non-humid hours in the 80's. Total 6Hrs

3:00PM - Mid - Afternoon
Outside temp - 97F
Inside house temp - 76F - No A/C

3:45PM - Mid - Afternoon
Outside temp - 98F - Humidity only 12%
Inside house temp - 77F - No A/C

5:30PM - Late Afternoon
Outside temp - 96F
Inside house temp - 79F - Turned-on A/C set to 76F

6:30PM - Late Afternoon
Outside temp - 93F - Heat index 93F - Humidity only 15%
Inside house temp - 77F - A/C set at 76F

Last edited by Chimérique; 07-22-2022 at 08:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2022, 12:15 AM

July 22, 2022 - Sacramento City Neighborhood - East Sac
Evening, Night, - 7:30PM to 11:00PM
Beginning 2nd Month of Summer

Tracking Evening/Night:

7:30PM - Evening - Delta Breeze mild effect
Outside temp - 87F

8:30PM - Night
Outside temp - 79F - Delta Breeze cut-short

9:30PM - Night
Outside temp - 76F - Delta Breeze cut-short, but still a 20 degree drop in 4 hrs.

11:00PM - Night
Outside temp - 71F

Old 07-23-2022, 12:16 AM

11:00PM
Sacramento 71F

Salt Lake City 82
Denver 82F
Fresno 83F

Phoenix 101F

Old 07-23-2022, 06:57 AM

Sacramento - July 22 Overnight Sleepy Time to July 23

11:00PM - 71F

5:45AM - 58F
13 degrees drop overnight

40 degrees drop from high temp earlier that day.

Delta Breeze was very, very mild, but still a prevailing onshore flow (SSW) from the Coast/Bay/Delta.
Overnight sleeping temps mostly in the mid to low 60's and upper 50's. Humidity level very comfortable.

Last edited by Chimérique; 07-23-2022 at 07:51 AM..

Old 07-24-2022, 08:07 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,452,880 times
Looks like it’s that time of the year again for weather updates from 10pm to 8am.

Old 07-24-2022, 08:21 AM

July 24, 2022 - 7:00AM - Morning - In the middle of Summer

Sacramento 59F
Seattle 59F

Portland 61F
Spokane 63F

Fresno 71F
Albuquerque 77F
Salt Lake City 79F

Phoenix 87F - Feels like Temp
Las Vegas 89F

Sacramento is Cooler than parts of the Northwest, including Portland & Spokane;
and Sacramento is 30 degrees Cooler Las Vegas and 20 degrees Cooler than Salt Lake this morning.

Hey, Taco I know you love them, and don't forgot all the other times I report like 8am to 3PM, and high temps too! It's hard to get over a belief you thought was true only to find out it wasn't and despite the facts in your face you just can't accept it. It's Human Nature. Don't be fooled by the high temp in Sacramento or rely on it as is doesn't give you a complete accurate representation of how GREAT a Sacramento summer really is. In most cities you CAN rely Only on the high temp because there is little difference between high and low, but Sacramento is anomaly, :-) in more ways than one. :-)

Last edited by Chimérique; 07-24-2022 at 08:41 AM..

Old 07-24-2022, 09:10 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,452,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
July 24, 2022 - 7:00AM - Morning - In the middle of Summer

Sacramento 59F
Seattle 59F

Portland 61F
Spokane 63F

Fresno 71F
Albuquerque 77F
Salt Lake City 79F

Phoenix 87F - Feels like Temp
Las Vegas 89F

Sacramento is Cooler than parts of the Northwest, including Portland & Spokane;
and Sacramento is 30 degrees Cooler Las Vegas and 20 degrees Cooler than Salt Lake this morning.

Hey, Taco I know you love them, and don't forgot all the other times I report like 8am to 3PM, and high temps too! It's hard to get over a belief you thought was true only to find out it wasn't and despite the facts in your face you just can't accept it. It's Human Nature. Don't be fooled by the high temp in Sacramento or rely on it as is doesn't give you a complete accurate representation of how GREAT a Sacramento summer really is. In most cities you CAN rely Only on the high temp because there is little difference between high and low, but Sacramento is anomaly, :-) in more ways than one. :-)
I’ll anxiously await those 3pm weather updates this week (and the rest of summer for that matter).

Old 07-24-2022, 10:03 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
We just zoomed with some close friends last night who moved to Sacramento 14 months ago. They absolutely hate the summer weather. They say that for them, the only time it's pleasant is the early morning. They find it far too hot most of the time, and it keeps them indoors during the day. I think not everyone feels the same about it, and preferences are not objective. I think the constant sunshine and the warm evenings are such a blessing. Here in San Diego, we're always needing a light jacket starting a little before sunset, as we drop below 70f by 8 PM at the latest. And SF has had a ridiculously cold summer where it doesn't even get above they mid 60s most days. It all depends what activities you enjoy.

Old 07-24-2022, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
We just zoomed with some close friends last night who moved to Sacramento 14 months ago.
Where did your close friends live before and for how long, and where in the Sacramento area do they live?

Because if they lived in San Diego before or anywhere on the California coast, then anywhere they move will have an "intolerable" summer. Anyone from outside of the California coast or coastal Northwest will find that Sacramento weather is better. And this is one of the premises of this thread; Sacramento weather is heavily compared against California coastal weather when it should be rated against the whole of the nation.

The day I tracked above was a very typical Sacramento summer day. As you can see, that day gave us 6-7hrs of DAYLIGHT where the temp was primarily in the 60's & 70's. If your friends are active people they will adjust to being "early birds" if they can. In Spain and Southern European they have a thing called the Spanish Siesta (2-5pm) its based on the warm/hot weather during that time of the day. Sacramentans, intended or not, lol, follow a Spanish Siesta. I know I do.

And you made some good points, thanks for your input.

Last edited by Chimérique; 07-24-2022 at 12:33 PM..

Old 07-25-2022, 11:42 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Where did your close friends live before and for how long, and where in the Sacramento area do they live?

Because if they lived in San Diego before or anywhere on the California coast, then anywhere they move will have an "intolerable" summer. Anyone from outside of the California coast or coastal Northwest will find that Sacramento weather is better. And this is one of the premises of this thread; Sacramento weather is heavily compared against California coastal weather when it should be rated against the whole of the nation.

The day I tracked above was a very typical Sacramento summer day. As you can see, that day gave us 6-7hrs of DAYLIGHT where the temp was primarily in the 60's & 70's. If your friends are active people they will adjust to being "early birds" if they can. In Spain and Southern European the have a thing called the Spanish Siesta (2-5pm) its based on the warm/hot eather during that time of the day. Sacramentans, intended or not, lol, follow a Spanish Siesta. I know I do.

And you made some good points, thanks for your input.
Our friends lived in SF and later Oakland for decades. They now live in Campus Commons, not the worst part of Sac for heat but to them, unbearable. It takes getting used to. I grew up in Walnut Creek, and although it wasn't quite as hot as Sacramento quite as often, it did get like that a lot during most summers, and for me growing up, the hot days were the best pool days and the best evenings to walk around and explore. Over the years, being back in coastal climates, I've gotten used to the milder temperatures and lost that heat tolerance again.

Climactic preference is always personal of course, I think it's important for people to know that Sacramento may require adjustment when they move there, but in the long run, there are so many benefits. For starters, this is the time of year when Sacramento is literally the sunniest city on earth. And another thing people don't always think about is that when the heat falls during the work day, the hottest hours are spent in an air conditioned room working anyway, then the evening time can be enjoyed after work. In a place like Oakland or san francisco, the daytime is pleasantly cool or mild, but by the time you get off work, it's already too cold to enjoy the outdoors. So there are benefits to the daytime heat outside of those hours. And I think there's a certain beauty to the rhythm of enjoying those great morning hours and the evenings outdoors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento