Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2022, 11:48 AM

4,021 posts, read 3,301,161 times

Advertisements

Thanks Chim for the explanation. I was really curious about that.

Lassen is a pretty area. I should get back there. I don't know how much last fall's fires hit Lassen though.

As long as you are in the area, one other thing that might be worth looking at is McArthur Burney Falls. I don't know how much runoff there is this year with the drought, but once you have driven to Lassen, you are pretty close to Mc Arrthur Burney State Park and the falls were pretty to look at in the year I visted (which wasn't a drought). The fishing was also excellent if you like to fish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2022, 02:30 PM

6,884 posts, read 8,260,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
Thanks Chim for the explanation. I was really curious about that.

Lassen is a pretty area. I should get back there. I don't know how much last fall's fires hit Lassen though.

As long as you are in the area, one other thing that might be worth looking at is McArthur Burney Falls. I don't know how much runoff there is this year with the drought, but once you have driven to Lassen, you are pretty close to Mc Arrthur Burney State Park and the falls were pretty to look at in the year I visted (which wasn't a drought). The fishing was also excellent if you like to fish.

Ya know I had a senior moment in my typing; here is a correction to my post above:

"Redding (155 miles north of Sac) and Red Bluff (132 miles north of Sac) will be having a good amount of cloud cover from a system from the west north west.....could be why they are forecasted to be a few degrees COOLER"..... not warmer as I typed in the post above.

Yes, thanks for tip about Burney Falls, someone mentioned to me yesterday....I'll have to check it out.

About the fires....Dixie Fire burned July to Oct 2021...the single largest fire in California history did affect Lassen Volcanic National Park (NP)....about 35% of forest burned at the NP....we hiked through an area burned complete devastation....but it has its own haunting beauty when contrasted with the remaining forest. Fingers crossed we don't have any more devastating fires.

20 inch trout in Manzanita Lake! Catch and Release only, no live bait.

At 1:00pm afternoon- June 9, 2022

Lassen Volcanic National Park near Manzanita Lake- 71F

Salt Lake City 85F
Sacramento 87F
Fresno 87F

Red Bluff (Northern Sacramento Valley - 48 miles from Lassen Volcanic NP) 95F

Palm Springs 103F
Las Vegas 105F

Old 06-09-2022, 03:59 PM

I am house sitting and watching my friends dog, so I am in his back yard and I just jumped out of the pool. But I am missing Manzanita Lake and that view of Mt Lassen. The stars were also really amazing up there at night. When I was there it was really cold at night. I think it hit 39 overnight in May ( or was it June), but my brother's dog had buried himself in my brother's sleeping bag and just really did not want to get out.

The burned areas after the fire can have this green undergrowth with a lot of wildflowers that has a certain charm. But the elevation is so high there, I don't know how much spring has arrived yet. But it sounds nice.

Old 06-09-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelato View Post
I am house sitting and watching my friends dog, so I am in his back yard and I just jumped out of the pool. But I am missing Manzanita Lake and that view of Mt Lassen. The stars were also really amazing up there at night. When I was there it was really cold at night. I think it hit 39 overnight in May ( or was it June), but my brother's dog had buried himself in my brother's sleeping bag and just really did not want to get out.

The burned areas after the fire can have this green undergrowth with a lot of wildflowers that has a certain charm. But the elevation is so high there, I don't know how much spring has arrived yet. But it sounds nice.
Yep it's been in the low 40's upper 30's overnight and morning. Several hiking trails are still "hidden" by snow. Bumpass Hell Hydrothermal area still closed because of snow.

In the middle of forest devastation there are many patches of lush green, flowers blooming, saw a bear from car in the Kings Creek Picnic area on the creek....glad we were in the car at the time!...we had just picnicked!
Plenty of deer.

No more posts from me for awhile...staying up in the Cascades until the heat wave passes.

Happy Trails!!

Old 06-09-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Yep it's been in the low 40's upper 30's overnight and morning. Several hiking trails are still "hidden" by snow. Bumpass Hell Hydrothermal area still closed because of snow.

In the middle of forest devastation there are many patches of lush green, flowers blooming, saw a bear from car in the Kings Creek Picnic area on the creek....glad we were in the car at the time!...we had just picnicked!
Plenty of deer.

No more posts from me for awhile...staying up in the Cascades until the heat wave passes.

Happy Trails!!
That sounds wonderufl! I hope you are enjoying yourself immensely. Take care Chim.

Old 06-10-2022, 08:40 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxalot View Post
Pool weather is finally here! I am waiting for the mercury to rise from 75 to 80 on my pool without using expensive gas heater.
OMG it's worth investing in pool solar (not electric solar), which heats your pool substantially. We live in San Diego where it's cooler than Sacramento, plus we've been having cool evenings and nighttimes, and we run our water through those solar mats and have it up to 88f!

Old 06-10-2022, 04:01 PM

2,889 posts, read 1,994,903 times
Heat index today
Ignore Sacramento, pretty sure that's wrong(maybe they meant 89f)

Old 06-11-2022, 05:11 PM

2,889 posts, read 1,994,903 times
Check out Dallas, chim.
Crazy numbers if these are accurate

Edit:

Last edited by dontbelievehim; 06-11-2022 at 05:28 PM..

Old 06-11-2022, 09:04 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbelievehim View Post
Heat index today
Ignore Sacramento, pretty sure that's wrong(maybe they meant 89f)
I'm sure 99 is the right heat index bc the air temp in most inland areas including the Bay Area were all around triple digits yesterday. The air wouldn't be so dry that it would have felt ten degrees cooler, maybe a few cooler than the air temp

Old 06-12-2022, 12:43 PM

June 12, 2022 - Noonish

Back in Sacramento just in time for the cool down; it sprinkled rain early this morning. Took the the county farm roads criss-crossed the Sacramento Valley where few people live, beautiful and charming, orchard after orchard, farm after farm. Anywhere in the Sacramento Valley from Yuba City on up you can see the Coast Range Mountains to the west, the Sutter Buttes, the Sierras, the Cascades, and the two Volcanos- Mt. Shasta (14,180 ft) and Mt. Lassen (10,457 ft). I spent a lot of time in the small towns of the Sacramento Valley as well: Red Bluff, Chico, Willows. Definitely have a new appreciation for the Sacramento Valley - Sacramento and Feather Rivers, I could see myself living up here :-)

Lassen Volcanic National Park - 56F - Rain

Sacramento 67F - Partly Cloudy
San Diego 71F
Chico 79F

Salt Lake City 87F
Fresno 88F
Denver 90F

Las Vegas 101F
Palm Springs 104F
Phoenix 108F

Last edited by Chimérique; 06-12-2022 at 12:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento