Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:37 PM

448 posts, read 918,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
Why would Univision sell it?
$1M reasons to sell a station that doesn't cover the entire city. Even with the lack of coverage into SA, it did fairly well in the ratings.

Next format flip to watch is 106.7. The clock on this one is ticking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 10:03 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times
I don't know much about how radio works, but couldn't they have bought a better antenna?

Old 11-24-2011, 01:56 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
Quote:
I'd like to hear more Indie/non-mainstream music of all genres like Roisin Murphy and Junip. I'm not surprised 97.7 couldn't compete with 96.1 or 94.1. The sound quality was terrible and half of the music they played wasn't even party music. Oh well, one less station playing awful Top 40. The Beat pretty much plays most of the dance songs that were on 97.7 anyway. 98.5 should stop calling itself a hip hop and r&b station.
Roisin Murphy has a couple of good songs (e.g., Overpowered) but she is a bit too soul-ish for me. At five years old now I doubt it gets radioplay on any local commercial station.

Although 90.1 and 91.7 has a variety of music shows in the evening and overnight. Maybe request to hear Roisin Murphy on The Haven which is on Wednesday evenings on 90.1?

Old 11-24-2011, 02:44 AM

I know her last album was released years ago and she hasn't released a single in almost 2 years, but I'd like to hear more artists like her on local stations. I discovered her and, subsequently, Moloko's music by accident in 2007 when she was in the news for injuring her eye headbanging on stage, lol. Every once in awhile, I'm lucky enough to happen upon a non-mainstream (in America) or Indie musical gem. Thanks for the tip on 90.1; I have to give that station a listen. I also need to ask for an HD radio for Christmas so I can listen to KROV 91.7 when I'm driving or away from home. I have Cricket broadband for my laptop, but it has a monthly internet usage limit.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:09 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
I seriously almost cried yesterday when I heard David Crowder on 97.7. I love k-love, don't get e wrong...but I liked the other format because I could rely on them to be playing music when everyone else was playing commercials.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Hyp

97 posts, read 121,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I seriously almost cried yesterday when I heard David Crowder on 97.7. I love k-love, don't get e wrong...but I liked the other format because I could rely on them to be playing music when everyone else was playing commercials.
That's why I just stick to CDs :-/

Old 11-25-2011, 11:15 PM

I usually hook my mp3 player to my car through a cassette adapter because I don't have an auxiliary jack. I bought the best rated FM transmitter I could find for a reasonable price; the sound quality was bad and I had to continuously find clear, empty stations when traveling through different parts of town. I've already grown tired of the songs on my mp3 player and rarely hear any new songs that are good enough to put on there. I might just ask for a one-year Sirius radio subscription for Christmas instead of an HD radio.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:32 AM
Hyp

97 posts, read 121,933 times
Quote:
I usually hook my mp3 player to my car through a cassette adapter because I don't have an auxiliary jack. I bought the best rated FM transmitter I could find for a reasonable price; the sound quality was bad and I had to continuously find clear, empty stations when traveling through different parts of town. I've already grown tired of the songs on my mp3 player and rarely hear any new songs that are good enough to put on there. I might just ask for a one-year Sirius radio subscription for Christmas instead of an HD radio.
That's where you go searching for tracks to put on your ipod from artists you like. I find new music on a daily basis because there is so much House Music out.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:16 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
So I heard about the new 97.7 format and like what I hear but I'm wondering, does that mean K-Love left? I couldn't get them on my radio the last few days.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyp View Post
That's where you go searching for tracks to put on your ipod from artists you like. I find new music on a daily basis because there is so much House Music out.
I've tried but I'm picky. I think it's because rock, hip hop, and r&b are going through the Dark Ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio