Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 10:45 AM

424 posts, read 610,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoerneMan View Post
Finally tried Bob's at the Rim last night. I was underwhelmed. The wedge salad was salty (very odd), ribeye was good but not great, sides were only okay. And I find the location near lower end restaurants and limited service hotels to be odd for something that is supposed to be a fine dining establishment. You just don't get the Bob's Dallas feel here. I still prefer Myron's and Perry's for steakhouses in San Antonio. Occasionally Bohanan's too.
Well, it's too different locations. One being urban/urbanism the other being a shopping center 15 Mike's from the urban core.

But can you explain the "near lower end restaurants" comment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 11:21 AM

898 posts, read 2,563,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
I was surprised to notice that the Outback Steakhouse on 281 is permanently closed.
It had been there a long time and I thought it was doing well, but guess i was wrong.
This economy has really taken its toll...
Weird, isn't that place always busy?

Old 02-27-2014, 11:58 AM

318 posts, read 570,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
Well, it's too different locations. One being urban/urbanism the other being a shopping center 15 Mike's from the urban core.

But can you explain the "near lower end restaurants" comment?
You would hope that the quality could be maintained from one to the other, but maybe that is asking too much. By the way, there are actually five locations of Bob's in the DFW metroplex.

Lower end restaurants include just about everything else in the Rim. 54th Street opening across from it, Freddy's, Mimi's, Red Robin, BJ's, etc. and then add in a handful of fast food restaurants. It is a bizarre combination. I'm surprised that Bob's didn't locate in a more appropriate spot within a higher quality development that has more similar restaurants. I understand the area's demographics and the buying power along that corridor, but their decision to locate there is a little off.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:53 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,878,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritos56 View Post
Finally after all this time we are getting a Chic-Fila in Schertz.From the guys at work I understand that it is being bulit by the Walmart or around that area and there is a big banner stating they are coming.
Both Roy and John also mentioned some new building going up around where the Wash Tub and Raising Cane is. However neither noticed any signs for what it's going to be. Would be nice to get a Red Lobster or Black Eye Pea or Cotton Patch restuarants instead of another darn chicken or burger place.
Don't get me wrong ;I really like Chic-Fila as i can get soup or even chicken salad or a grilled sandwich versus all that fried stuff. Hope the other place is something different and not another mexican place.

Now aparently Taco Cabana has partnered with Pollo Tropical to come to San Antonio.I looked and they are more like El Pollo Loco .So guess we will have to wait and see.
TCs and Pollo Tropical are owned by the same exact company now. They are also going to start opening Cabana Grill restaurants beginning with one near Atlanta but it will just be a scaled down TCs menu and the horror is that they will not have breakfast tacos at all due to their marketing research showing their unlikely popularity in other states.

Now what I would really love to come back to town is a Miami Subs Grill. The one that used to be on the NW corner of 410 and Blanco was sooooooo good. I blame our citizens for not patronizing it enough to keep it in business. Maybe some are just too afraid to try new things even with a drive thru.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:32 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Does the Chick-fila at the Forum not count as in Schertz? I'm confused by how exciting this is. Sure it's hard to get to at times but....
I think if you lived in Schertz it can be exciting because of the drive it takes to get in and out of there...now people dont have to drive to the forum anymore.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:37 PM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,500 times
1604/281...Taqueria Jalisco of Stone Oak is replacing what use to be Back Yard Burger, Tacos Don Chente and most recently Casabas Cantina..just what the doctor ordered, another Jalisco

Old 02-27-2014, 03:34 PM

923 posts, read 1,502,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
Weird, isn't that place always busy?
That's what I thought. I can't remember a time where I drove past that Outback and didn't see a full parking lot.
But it's permanently shut down now (signage gone, everything) and if you call their number it says it's permanently closed and you should go to the one on Agora Pkwy (the Forum).
There must be a story behind why they closed it.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
That's what I thought. I can't remember a time where I drove past that Outback and didn't see a full parking lot.
But it's permanently shut down now (signage gone, everything) and if you call their number it says it's permanently closed and you should go to the one on Agora Pkwy (the Forum).
There must be a story behind why they closed it.
Probably had a too good to refuse offer for the land.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:40 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
Probably had a too good to refuse offer for the land.
Maybe In-N-Out bought it.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Maybe In-N-Out bought it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio