Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 08:20 PM

12 posts, read 39,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy1202 View Post
I'm hearing the Costco rumors in the Alamo Ranch area again. This time the rumor has Costco building on Lonestar Blvd. Anyone have any info...or heard anything?
Who was the source of these rubblings or was it read on another website?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:40 PM

83 posts, read 183,072 times
A friend was at a party with an unnamed Costco exec and he asked if it was true that Costco was being built on Lonestar Pkwy and the exec confirmed that it was true. I drove bye there today and there is something big being built there. Driving down Alamo Ranch Pkwy from Lowe's and on the right just before Lonestar Pkwy they have broken thru the sidewalk as if they are making an entrance from Alamo Ranch Pkwy.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:19 PM

338 posts, read 1,230,959 times
anyone see the cars at OG today?

saw alot of people taking a break outside. I believe it is the staff getting ready for the opening this monday!

Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 PM

269 posts, read 745,965 times
Quote:
A friend was at a party with an unnamed Costco exec and he asked if it was true that Costco was being built on Lonestar Pkwy and the exec confirmed that it was true. I drove bye there today and there is something big being built there. Driving down Alamo Ranch Pkwy from Lowe's and on the right just before Lonestar Pkwy they have broken thru the sidewalk as if they are making an entrance from Alamo Ranch Pkwy.
Ummmmm YEAY!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrockmedia View Post
anyone see the cars at OG today?

saw alot of people taking a break outside. I believe it is the staff getting ready for the opening this monday!
I saw a lot of cars, as I was passing by. Doing another happy dance

Old 10-07-2008, 07:51 PM

338 posts, read 1,230,959 times
Having monday off for Columbus day adds to the greatness. I will be enjoying some endless pasta bowls that night!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 PM

394 posts, read 1,506,798 times
Quote:
I love Costco too and would love to see a Costco in AR....however, the project you are speaking of is, I think, an apartment compex. I live in AR off of Lonestar Pkwy. There's an apt complex being built at Wild Pine and Lonestar Pky. Up from that is a daycare being built. Note: I live really close to the Wildpine/Lonestar intersection so keeping my eyes wide open for what's happening there. I think the curb cut you saw was, most likely, the second entrance to the apartment complex. If anyone has additional info, would love to know about it!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 09:05 PM

129 posts, read 335,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Filly View Post
I love Costco too and would love to see a Costco in AR....however, the project you are speaking of is, I think, an apartment compex. I live in AR off of Lonestar Pkwy. There's an apt complex being built at Wild Pine and Lonestar Pky. Up from that is a daycare being built. Note: I live really close to the Wildpine/Lonestar intersection so keeping my eyes wide open for what's happening there. I think the curb cut you saw was, most likely, the second entrance to the apartment complex. If anyone has additional info, would love to know about it!!!
I'm from NY. I have nothing but negative conceptions about apartment complexes. Hopefully this one will not make me regret my AR (first home!) purchase.

Alamo Ranch apartments:
Project Details: [name] : Carbon Landmark Development

Previous efforts in San Antonio by the same company:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________

Vineyard Springs (Vineyardsprings.com)

http://thecarboncompanies.com/Develo...?PROJECT_ID=13

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...d-Springs.html
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________

Hidden Lake

http://thecarboncompanies.com/Develo...x?PROJECT_ID=7

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...dden-Lake.html

Walker Ranch (http://www.walker-ranch-apts.com)

http://thecarboncompanies.com/Develo...x?PROJECT_ID=1

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...ker-Ranch.html

Last edited by Revolver; 10-07-2008 at 09:23 PM..

Old 10-08-2008, 01:09 PM

83 posts, read 183,072 times
You know KY Filly and REvolver...I believe you are correct that this site is an apartment complex. It matches the diagram you provided. Someone at the IBC Bank has also stated that Costco is coming somewhere close to Lowe's. Here's keeping my fingers crossed....thanks for your input.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:32 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
I drove by the AR OG last night and I think the sign says they open on the 13th, but will only be open for dinner (4:00 - 9:00 PM).
They need to get a move on the Jamba Juice. The sign is up, but that's about it.
I also ate my second dinner at Mama Margies and so far it's 2 for 2 as far as quality of food and service. My only complaint is the drinks are always overflowing and there's no napkin dispenser where the drinks are. They could use a little less ice too.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:39 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
I think the Krystal's is open. I just drove by it about an hour ago and the parking lot was full of normal cars (not construction trucks). The traffic was pretty sucky, so I had to pay attention to the road, but it looked to be open. Can anyone confirm that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio