Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 08:44 PM

410 posts, read 1,249,959 times

Advertisements

McDonalds has salads too

Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmy View Post
Does anyone else think we need all these fast food restaurants around here?? arbys, mcdonalds, burger king, bill miller, chick filet, taco cabana, mama margies...oh yeah and the oh so healthy SONIC!! we have this area around my work we call junk food alley... I think this will be the next one..
Someone apparently does.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:42 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,781,170 times
I found some stuff that seems to be planned for the Alamo Ranch area. Maybe some of you living in AR or near there can shed some light.

A mixed-use development as well as a Broadway Bank
29 acres in Alamo Ranch at Hwy. 151 and Lone Star Parkway (hard corner) - www.StranskyProperties.com

Valero, Sonic and small retail center
Alamo Ranch at Hwy. 151 and F.M. 1560 (hard corner) - www.StranskyProperties.com

CVS and a small retail center
Alamo Ranch at Hwy. 151 and F.M. 1560 (hard corner) - www.StranskyProperties.com

18 acre development
18 acres in Alamo Ranch at Culebra and F.M. 1560 (hard corner) - www.StranskyProperties.com

Valero, Auto Zone and more
Alamo Ranch at Culebra and F.M. 1560 (hard corner) - www.StranskyProperties.com

Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,672,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrlatsha View Post
From the looks of the developer site, nothing is leased yet. Here is the full package: http://www.weingarten.com/retail/pro...50_mkt_pkg.pdf
This is typical of the current trend of build a strip mall and the businesses will come. It will probably be more of the same...nail salons and pizza places. Look back to the 80's when they did the same thing building strip malls without tenants...many vacancies exist today.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:33 AM

41 posts, read 108,861 times
Default Wow unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
I found some stuff that seems to be planned for the Alamo Ranch area. Maybe some of you living in AR or near there can shed some light.

29 acres in Alamo Ranch at Hwy. 151 and Lone Star Parkway (hard corner) - www.StranskyProperties.com

18 acre development
18 acres in Alamo Ranch at Culebra and F.M. 1560 (hard corner) - www.StranskyProperties.com

All I can say is overkill. U think developers would put stuff we want not more apartments and fast food resteraunts, oh and another valero, come on!!!! All I can say is greed and more greed disgusting in my opinion and I hope with the economy the way it is we don't see these for a while. How about some parks, nature areas, something that keeps the feel of the area not more concrete. Oh well just spitting in the wind I guess

Old 10-16-2008, 08:17 AM

51 posts, read 168,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post

18 acre development

Yes, all this seems like overkill, but hopefully the area builds up like the Stone Oak area. Either way good work Lemonfresh

Old 10-16-2008, 08:56 AM

343 posts, read 1,305,700 times
All this development within Alamo Ranch does not seem be a good thing.

Another Sonic and another Valero?

This Stransky development sure does seem to have their hand deep in the cookie jar.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 AM

338 posts, read 1,230,959 times
While the idea of having location after location of strip malls seems to be one of convenience. Who in their right mind would want 3 valeros within a mile of each other. You will have the one on the corner of FM1560 and Culebra, the one in talks at the corner of culebra and westwood loop (near the bill millers) and now this one. I mean enough is enough. I know Valeros are crowded at times, but this is just insane. Maybe they are trying out the same marketing as starbucks is. Put one on every corner!

Old 10-16-2008, 03:44 PM

1,510 posts, read 2,964,378 times
Actually, I for one would rather see development on the scale of the new buildings near Bill Miller & Arby's on Culebra--only place that in the middle of Alamo Ranch and, while you're at it, build an HEB right next door. Throw in a Valero and I'd be all over it.

The idea here is to "centralize" development _within_ the communities instead of overbuilding along major roadways (think Culebra, Bandera, etc.). This is especially true when you have a community the size of Alamo Ranch which will undoubtedly have enough residents to support its own grocery store. (Last estimate I heard was 15,000 homes when completed.)

--Dim

Old 10-20-2008, 07:54 AM

1,532 posts, read 3,700,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Oh yes, I forgot about Logan's!

Does anyone know how the new steakhouse out by Rudy's is doing? Just curious.....
It seems to be doing pretty well. Though, I think more people go for the dancing than the restaurant. The restaurant always seems full though. They need more parking, the lot is always full and it's hard to find a spot. The food is just OK IMO but it's a steakhouse close by. Hope that helps!

Oh, I also saw the sign for Logans next to the OG. Any other news on what's coming in? I'm waiting for that Jamba Juice!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio