Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 02:44 PM

135 posts, read 513,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Have you tried Wok on Wheels? It's on Grissom and Timber Path. Let us know!
We used to order from them frequently, but the last time we ordered our food took over 2 hours to get here! When the delivery guy finally showed up (by that time WoW had already CLOSED for the evening!), he admitted he'd had the food in his vehicle for "awhile" while making other deliveries, but couldn't say for sure exactly how long. At that point it was cold. Needless to say we refused the food (not about to risk getting sick over food that was prepared who-knows-how-long-ago) & it was a huge ordeal trying to get them to take the charge off of our debit card.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:06 PM

394 posts, read 1,506,798 times
OK, so back to the "what are they building" mystery....I thought (maybe on here) that someone speculated it could be some sort of park . DH and I were wondering but it seemed weird that if it were to be a park they would bulldoze all the trees. It's too large for an apt complex and, as some have stated - who needs another shopping center? I was hoping for a Costco - but even that wouldn't take up all the space they've cleared - it's HUGE!

Everybody keep your ears to the ground and keep us posted if you hear of anything.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 PM

29 posts, read 96,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
White Castle?? Ughh.
But you do have a KRYSTAL better than not having anything

Old 01-03-2009, 08:35 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,013,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Filly View Post
OK, so back to the "what are they building" mystery....I thought (maybe on here) that someone speculated it could be some sort of park . DH and I were wondering but it seemed weird that if it were to be a park they would bulldoze all the trees. It's too large for an apt complex and, as some have stated - who needs another shopping center? I was hoping for a Costco - but even that wouldn't take up all the space they've cleared - it's HUGE!

Everybody keep your ears to the ground and keep us posted if you hear of anything.
There is a post in this thread probably a month back or so about the "park". It's a very convincing post, and according to the plotting that area that has been cleared is about the exact same size, and is deffinately in the same spot. I have no idea either why on earth they would level the trees, which also makes me somewhat skeptic.

Hopefully it will end up being an outdoor black and white 8mm film theater with an observatory, and a fainting goat ranch so that when you drive by you can honk and scare them to the ground!!...lol.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:14 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
it's always disgusting to see what they do to all the trees around here. One thing I really like about Westcreek is the amount of trees it has, until you get a little past where I live.. I wish people would start demanding trees and stop buying the trashy looking neighborhoods they are pushing on everyone.
so anyhow.. that area is huge and it's definitely missing a lot of trees. I can't believe nobody knows for sure what's going in there. Maybe some investigative reporters should be called in?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:11 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Have you tried Wok on Wheels? It's on Grissom and Timber Path. Let us know! Also, there is a new Lee's Garden Delivery Only place at Tezel and Guilbeau.

The House of Pizza used to have decent Chinese, but wow, they've really gone down hill and I won't recommend them anymore.
We usually order Wok on Wheels if we want Chinese. The food has been pretty decent but there has been a time or two I was wondering
how long we were going to have to wait. Certainly would be willing to try somewhere else if they were recommended.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:31 AM

36 posts, read 115,849 times
here is the link to the extension of the Culebra Creek Park.

http://www.weingarten.com/mediabin_import/Property%20Photos/0606%20(Westwood%20Center,%20San%20Antonio,%20TX)/Web/L606%20Aerials--(Get%20Original).pdf (broken link)

Old 01-04-2009, 11:35 AM

394 posts, read 1,506,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
There is a post in this thread probably a month back or so about the "park". It's a very convincing post, and according to the plotting that area that has been cleared is about the exact same size, and is deffinately in the same spot. I have no idea either why on earth they would level the trees, which also makes me somewhat skeptic.

Hopefully it will end up being an outdoor black and white 8mm film theater with an observatory, and a fainting goat ranch so that when you drive by you can honk and scare them to the ground!!...lol.
Well, a park would be wonderfu! However keepng more trees would make it a lot prettier IMHO...I guess if it's to be a park, then there's a reason for all the open space. Better that than another shopping center.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:08 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
That .pdf shows a park on the wrong (walmart side) of 1604, or at least that's not the side I'm talking about. I was talking about the NE side of 1604/Culebra. North of Walgreens/Wells Fargo.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:17 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,013,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
That .pdf shows a park on the wrong (walmart side) of 1604, or at least that's not the side I'm talking about. I was talking about the NE side of 1604/Culebra. North of Walgreens/Wells Fargo.
Yep, your right on the money there. That isn't the post that I remember seeing before though. I saw something putting the park on the NE side that you are questioning, but don't know where it is now. I guess next time im over there im just going to have to get out of the truck, walk over there, and ask one of the workers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio