Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2009, 07:35 AM

83 posts, read 183,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
is the food at the Culebra/1604 Jim's hot now? I went there a week or so after they opened and everything was barely warm at best. I would've said something to the waitress, but she managed to vanish for about 20 minutes.
I have noticed the same thing. I've been there 4 times and the food was (like you say)barely hot. The service is very good so I don't think it is waiting to be picked up too long. I wonder what the deal is

Old 01-12-2009, 07:39 AM

83 posts, read 183,085 times
Thumbs up Costco Rumors

Quote:
is the food at the Culebra/1604 Jim's hot now? I went there a week or so after they opened and everything was barely warm at best. I would've said something to the waitress, but she managed to vanish for about 20 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrlatsha View Post
I guess everyone is missing my point.
I think we have heard so many (leaked by manager) rumors that Costco is coming to the AR area, that no one pays any attention any more. But, I'm still crossing my fingers.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:25 PM

269 posts, read 746,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
.......or just don't answer it at all. I gave up my cell phone for New Year's, and what a liberating feeling! None of us are so damn important that we can't be "unavailable"--I should have done this years ago.
I hear ya! I am still working on DH though, if I do not rush to answer a call.... do not bring me the phone! Same rules for house phone. Not that I have a lack of zeal for technology, however, there are just times when talking on the phone is not convenient, safe or polite.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:26 PM

269 posts, read 746,020 times
Quote:
they do help sometimes, especially when you're too good to have a shopping list and have an awful short-term memory..
lol, just pictured what I have planned for DH, a visual shopping companion

Old 01-12-2009, 03:43 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy1202 View Post
I think we have heard so many (leaked by manager) rumors that Costco is coming to the AR area, that no one pays any attention any more. But, I'm still crossing my fingers.
there's quite a few posts throughout CD SA on a number of topics where people have heard things from other people. Disney comes to mind..

Old 01-12-2009, 05:25 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,835,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
... I suffer from kitchenheimer's anyway, so even if spaghetti is planned, we may end up with meatloaf.
hahaha, kitchenheimer's!! I love it! I usually call it dishlexia. Or stovenesia...

Quote:
$50 says this was cell phone related. Why is it taking so long to ban them from vehicles? It's not hard to tell someone you're on the road and will call them back when you get to your destination.
$50 to RD!!
KSAT quoted the guy as saying he'd just answered his phone when he noticed the doctor and couldn't stop in time....

Old 01-12-2009, 05:51 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,402,807 times
ok, thanks for clarifying that. I was walking around when that story was on and I thought I heard cell phone, but I totally missed the context. What an idiot and he should be forced to appear on billboards telling everyone not to be as much of an a$$hat as he was. I'm sure the phone call was really important too..

I would like the $50 in cash please. I'll use it to fund my upcoming trip

Old 01-12-2009, 07:44 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,045,611 times
I knew Dr. Sanchez.........he treated me at SE Baptist ER a few years back. Very, very, very nice doctor, and he took excellent care of me. Such a loss. They really do need to outlaw cell phone usage while driving--and then enforce it!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:52 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,013,555 times
I think he should have a cell phone probed up his woohoo.... As for the whole cell phone deal. I do like having one, but I will say that they have turned the public, and corporate opinion of "avaliability", and the 9 to 5 work day into a free for all. I have 2, one for personal use, and one strictly for work, but im about to get rid of one, and if I weren't demanded to have the other one I'd be getting rid of it too.

As for the driver, and driving while on the phone laws, aren't bluetooth earpieces basicly a dime a dozen these days?

Old 01-12-2009, 09:32 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,700,670 times
So wait, the guy lied about his tires locking up? Isn't that..I don't know for sure...but some sort of crime/felony for lying on a police report? Well, that doesn't overshadow the fact that he also killed a man, but I'm just saying. I have to admit, I do talk on the phone in the car. I now will stop doing that after this story. Lesson learned. I also used to answer the phone during dinner. I don't do that anymore. I am trying to depend less and less on that darn thing. I can't get rid of it completely, because that is our long distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio