Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 08:20 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,783,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
See the details of the recent shooting in Buffalo to find the similar set of firepower & body armor circumstances.
The Buffalo shooting reports, (assuming he read about it) probably made him aware of the value of wearing body armor.

Old 05-25-2022, 08:39 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,841,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
The Buffalo shooting reports, (assuming he read about it) probably made him aware of the value of wearing body armor.
Follow-on news reports would indicate that he had a carrier, but NO plates in it. From what I'm reading, he shot his grandmother (what dirtbag would do THAT), then left the scene. It would APPEAR that the PD was in pursuit of him when he wrecked, then made his way into the school despite on-site LEO efforts to stop him.

Old 05-25-2022, 09:02 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,783,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Follow-on news reports would indicate that he had a carrier, but NO plates in it. From what I'm reading, he shot his grandmother (what dirtbag would do THAT), then left the scene. It would APPEAR that the PD was in pursuit of him when he wrecked, then made his way into the school despite on-site LEO efforts to stop him.
I do feel that some of the local LEO in Uvalde are going to catch some heat for the outcome. I mean you can't always prevent the bad actions of people but I do feel it could have been stopped before so many children and teachers died. (but then I wasn't there so I am just going off media reports and videos)....

Old 05-25-2022, 09:44 AM

303 posts, read 366,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
I would have hoped so also!

As of this morning, the narrative that explains why the Uvalde Police Department recent shooter drills did not make the difference early on is explained as:

1. It appears that the school security officer and the local police who first arrived on the scene were all OUTGUNNED in terms of the perpetrator's firepower.

2. In addition, the perp outfoxed all of the early on response via the heavy & protective body armor he wore.
It took the later arrival of a tactical unit to take him down.

And that folks, is the sad set of facts as to how and why it came down that way.

See the details of the recent shooting in Buffalo to find the similar set of firepower & body armor circumstances.
Somewhat agreed here with some clarifications.

Anyone with 10 minutes of training with an AR style weapon is going to outgun 3 trained police officers armed with handguns. It's just a simple tactical reality.

The shooter had to be taken out by a BORTAC unit that just happened to be in the area. They were the only ones that had the firepower and manpower necessary to take out an AR armed barricaded individual in a classroom. An SRO in these types of situations is simply security theater.

Note that he was not wearing body armor - he simply had a tactical vest that was used to hold ammo for his weapon. He was carrying 300+ rounds of ammo.

The simply reality is we've tried nothing as a society, and we're all out of ideas.

Old 05-25-2022, 10:15 AM

5,584 posts, read 6,514,131 times
My idea is to take some of that MULTI BILLION DOLLARS that we send to other countries, even "just" 1 Billion dollars, and outfit every school , NOT including colleges, with current, high-end security. Our population needs to feel our kids are safe when at school. This is being PRO-ACTIVE.

Old 05-25-2022, 10:19 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,051,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
My idea is to take some of that MULTI BILLION DOLLARS that we send to other countries, even "just" 1 Billion dollars, and outfit every school , NOT including colleges, with current, high-end security. Our population needs to feel our kids are safe when at school. This is being PRO-ACTIVE.
I will use the excuse that I heard on numerous occasions during my 20 year military background. "That is a different pot of money"...smh Yeah, I know that excuse used to **** me off.

Old 05-25-2022, 11:00 AM

61,743 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbcfy View Post
Somewhat agreed here with some clarifications.

Anyone with 10 minutes of training with an AR style weapon is going to outgun 3 trained police officers armed with handguns. It's just a simple tactical reality.

The shooter had to be taken out by a BORTAC unit that just happened to be in the area. They were the only ones that had the firepower and manpower necessary to take out an AR armed barricaded individual in a classroom. An SRO in these types of situations is simply security theater.

Note that he was not wearing body armor - he simply had a tactical vest that was used to hold ammo for his weapon. He was carrying 300+ rounds of ammo.

The simply reality is we've tried nothing as a society, and we're all out of ideas.
I thought he was taken out by a single Border Patrol officer.

Quote:
One Border Patrol agent who was working nearby when the shooting began rushed into the school without waiting for backup and shot and killed the gunman, who was behind a barricade.

Last edited by elnina; 05-25-2022 at 11:11 AM..

Old 05-25-2022, 11:16 AM

6,507 posts, read 7,543,265 times
The way I am reading the story, the perp didn't set out to specifically to kill Elementary school kids, that's just where he happened to crash his truck in front of as after shooting his grandmother. There apparently were two officers at the scene either already or arriving almost immediately... whom he shot before barricading himself in a classroom.

All of the students and teachers were reportedly in a single classroom which makes it even more fkn horrifying as they had nowhere to run.

Old 05-25-2022, 12:04 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,643,263 times
IMO the only way these shootings and easy access to guns will be taken seriously if it happens to the children or families of the wealthy 1-2% of this country. The politicians are spouting the standard rhetoric firmly backed the powerful gun lobby in this country, and nothing real or meaningful actually will be done to change things.

Old 05-25-2022, 05:00 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,351,842 times
Another useless thread on CD so some key board warriors can feel good they said something.

Where there is a will there is way. Once people get that through their thick skulls you will understand. We cannot take back that there are 400 million guns here, but since they are stop proposing asinine ideas.

He was mad at his grandma and decided to kill everyone in one classroom. Not sure how you "solve" for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio