Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 03:56 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,486,143 times

Advertisements

so basically a complete and total failure of local and state government happened here. When will residents of TX stand up and demand better from their elected officials. At a minimum, the entire state and local public safety department should resign or be fired. Hope the governor gets his act together. You guys are a mess!

Old 05-27-2022, 04:45 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,783,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSD1995 View Post
so basically a complete and total failure of local and state government happened here. When will residents of TX stand up and demand better from their elected officials. At a minimum, the entire state and local public safety department should resign or be fired. Hope the governor gets his act together. You guys are a mess!
Yeah....California isn't a mess.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
Yeah....California isn't a mess.
Oh definitely. But these guys with "public safety" in their job title... uh... they're going to have to lose their jobs on this one.

Old 05-27-2022, 04:53 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,011,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
If anything, based off everything I have read the past two days from flip flop LEO reporting, I would say this is all an argument for more private gun ownership. The cops will not help you in a life threatening situation and will stand down until everyone is dead is the message I get. You only have yourself to rely on so arm yourself.
Completely agree!

Old 05-27-2022, 05:01 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,783,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSD1995 View Post
Oh definitely. But these guys with "public safety" in their job title... uh... they're going to have to lose their jobs on this one.
That I will agree with you on!

Old 05-27-2022, 05:18 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,358,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Some nut kid kills a bunch of children. I'm sure Beto can save the day. Are you for real?
Robert Francis O'Rourke is a grandstanding detestable phony that will say or do anything to score political points depending on who his audience is. How anyone could support or vote for that miserable swine is beyond me? God bless the Mayor of Uvalde for calling him out. That may help end his political career for good. Then he can ride off into the sunset on his skateboard. Hopefully falling off and breaking his skinny little neck in the process.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:30 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,543,265 times
^
Giving him the benefit of the doubt being that his hometown had one of the deadliest mass shootings in Texas history (preceded by Sutherland Springs Church shooting and Luby's shooting in Killeen) and that also the community of Uvalde shares the same demographics as El Paso.

I won't doubt his sincerity here, but he probably picked the wrong forum to do it in and the Uvalde mayor not backing him certainly looked really bad.

Old 05-27-2022, 05:40 PM

303 posts, read 366,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Robert Francis O'Rourke is a grandstanding detestable phony that will say or do anything to score political points depending on who his audience is. How anyone could support or vote for that miserable swine is beyond me? God bless the Mayor of Uvalde for calling him out. That may help end his political career for good. Then he can ride off into the sunset on his skateboard. Hopefully falling off and breaking his skinny little neck in the process.
Beto can be a total drama queen, but I would rather have him in there if he is willing to fix some of the crap that is going on in the state including guns, energy, and the false promises on property taxes relief.

Our right to own/possess firearms isn’t going anywhere, but responsible gun owners respect the power of their weapons. Universal background checks should be a no brainer. Closing the gun show loophole should be a no brainer. Not allowing 18 year old high school students to purchase assault weapons should also be a no brainer. We need to stop screaming “OMG you can’t take my guns” every time someone proposes a policy that might make it slightly inconvenient to buy guns. Don't tell me "iTs nOt aN AsSaUlt rIfLe" - I know exactly what an AR style rifle is, and we're just diverting from the fact that it's the weapon of choice for killing lots of people. Maybe if you want an AR platform firearm, you should have a finger stuck up your butt 4 times, an interview with the county sheriff, and maybe you wait 30 days, among other stringent requirements.

Is Beto the perfect candidate? No. But he’s a hell of a lot better for Texas than Hot Wheels on a myriad of issues. Current GOP leadership is leading Texas down a dangerous path designed to gut our infrastructure, social services and public education that will take decades to climb out of. Plus, half of them are straight up racist dirtbags that promote Trump election fraud and/or are federally indicted.

Plus, Beto will legalize weed and we could really put those tax dollars to work reducing property taxes.

Old 05-27-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbcfy View Post
Beto can be a total drama queen, but I would rather have him in there if he is willing to fix some of the crap that is going on in the state including guns, energy, and the false promises on property taxes relief.

Our right to own/possess firearms isn’t going anywhere, but responsible gun owners respect the power of their weapons. Universal background checks should be a no brainer. Closing the gun show loophole should be a no brainer. Not allowing 18 year old high school students to purchase assault weapons should also be a no brainer. We need to stop screaming “OMG you can’t take my guns” every time someone proposes a policy that might make it slightly inconvenient to buy guns. Don't tell me "iTs nOt aN AsSaUlt rIfLe" - I know exactly what an AR style rifle is, and we're just diverting from the fact that it's the weapon of choice for killing lots of people. Maybe if you want an AR platform firearm, you should have a finger stuck up your butt 4 times, an interview with the county sheriff, and maybe you wait 30 days, among other stringent requirements.

Is Beto the perfect candidate? No. But he’s a hell of a lot better for Texas than Hot Wheels on a myriad of issues. Current GOP leadership is leading Texas down a dangerous path designed to gut our infrastructure, social services and public education that will take decades to climb out of. Plus, half of them are straight up racist dirtbags that promote Trump election fraud and/or are federally indicted.

Plus, Beto will legalize weed and we could really put those tax dollars to work reducing property taxes.
I support gun control but what could gun control do here? Far more important is a real security standard for schools. This is 9/11 for school safety.

Old 05-27-2022, 06:54 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,358,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbcfy View Post

Let me put it to you this way: First it was "hell yes we're gonna' take you AR's AK's etc." Now that he's running for governor and knowing that will go over like a lead balloon in a state such as Texas, it's now: "I'm not interested in taking anything. I'm going to vigorously defend the the 2nd Amendment". Now after this recent school shooting he's back out there championing gun control and making a total ass out of himself in the process. Which is it Robert Francis? The old Robert Francis? The new Robert Francis? Or back to the old Robert Francis? Thank God that he's probably dug his own political grave and we won't have to look at his arrogant ugly face on national TV once the elections are over. Are you really going to trust someone who's positions change like the weather just to further their own political ambitions? Using people like you in the process? You seriously don't think that you're being used and taken for a fool? God help us.

If an 18 year old can be trusted to go to war and vote. Then an 18 year old can be trusted to exercise their 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms for any lawful purpose. Not every 18 year old goes out and shoots up an elementary school. The percent that do is infinitesimal when compared to how many 18 year olds have never shot up an elementary school or ever will. Or do you just punish the millions of 18 year olds for the actions of a few? Do you have any idea of the concept of due process under the law? You can't just strip someone of their Constitutional rights based on what you think that they might do.

The little monster that shot up an elementary school in Uvalde already passed a criminal background check (NICS) and was able to lawfully purchase two semi automatic rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. Having a finger stuck up his butt 4 times and an interview with the sheriff sure as hell wouldn't have changed that. You can't just have some bureaucrat or county sheriff that harbors their own prejudices deny people of their Constitutional rights without due process of law. Only having been tried and found guilty of a crime or having been institutionalized for mental illness or drug addiction would have prevented him from lawfully owning a firearm. That would be part of his record and would have turned up during a NICS check and the purchase would have been denied.

You really believe that the taxes generated from legalized weed will reduce your property taxes? Is that what Robert Francis O'Rourke is selling you? Maybe it's your head that's stuck up your butt, instead of your finger? Keep on toking on that weed, it's doing you a lot of good.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 05-27-2022 at 07:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio