Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2022, 06:36 PM

303 posts, read 365,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
If that is true. Why do cities with epic gun laws often have the worst crime and murder rates?
Because we live in a country with hundreds of millions of firearms. There are 120 civilian owned firearms in the United States for every 100 people. That is a staggering amount of firearms.

And what is an “epic gun law?”

Old 06-06-2022, 08:47 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbcfy View Post
Because we live in a country with hundreds of millions of firearms. There are 120 civilian owned firearms in the United States for every 100 people. That is a staggering amount of firearms.

And what is an “epic gun law?”
Some of the most draconian gun laws in this country are in Detroit - home of one of the highest homicide rates in the country. And thank you for proving one point - if the average, law-abiding citizen was the problem, there would be open warfare on every street corner. I have a fairly extensive collection - yet not only hold some of the highest civilian security clearances, but have an LTC because I've passed extensive background checks.....I have a number of neighbors that don't have LTC's.....not because they can't pass the check, but simply because they don't see a need to carry beyond what they already can legally....there's been no shootings here - because the GUN isn't the problem, it's the criminal that's the problem. Stop punishing the innocent in some misguided attempt to correct the actions of the lawless....because **NEWS FLASH** They're going to break the law anyway.

Old 06-07-2022, 07:45 AM

303 posts, read 365,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Some of the most draconian gun laws in this country are in Detroit - home of one of the highest homicide rates in the country.
Ok, so what? New York City, the most populous city in the United States, probably has the most “draconian” or “epic” firearm restrictions in the country, and they have one of the lowest homicide rates in the country.

Patchwork firearm laws sometimes work, and sometimes they don’t. What’s needed is a coordinated nationwide federal effort to reduce the amount of firearms available across the entire nation, and severely restrict the availability of semi-automatic rifles to just anyone.

You want an AR-15 to kill rodents on your ranch?… great! Submit an application, wait 30 days, take a required test showing proficiency with the rifle, interview with a law enforcement agent, and be required to have it secured. Maybe, like, any solider in the military is required to do.

You want to LARP around the range with a collection of 32 semi-automatic rifles, and pretend on the weekend that you are going to save the country from Obama jabbing you with a needle and taking your 3rd child for sex trafficking? No, sir. Find a new hobby you weirdo. Or go enlist in the military.

Quote:
Stop punishing the innocent in some misguided attempt to correct the actions of the lawless....because **NEWS FLASH** They're going to break the law anyway.
Remind me again why Texas is stretching to outlaw women’s personal medical decisions about things growing inside their bodies….

Old 06-07-2022, 08:44 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbcfy View Post
Kids in high school in the 50s and 60s were not carrying rifles with advanced optics, loaded with 30 round magazines and another couple hundred rounds on stand by. GTFO with these leave it to beaver comparisons.
and... we didn't need to use AR15 class weapons to kill hogs. A Single shot will do, and make you a better 'hunter'.

Typical school shooter in USA is not known to be a very active, (or even trained) 'hunter'.

There are a lot of things on their mind, and often expressed in their behavior and interests.

Old 06-07-2022, 09:33 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,775,152 times
A brass knuckle is a pretty dangerous object and is banned but like a gun....it takes a person to use it and kill or harm someone. For a long time collapsible batons were also banned in Texas for civilians up until 2019 or something like that, yet most guns were ok to use and own.

I am just saying a gun can easily kill more people than a brass knuckle or collapsible baton. Some things happening in Texas and in the USA have me scratching my head.

Honestly I am fine with guns being legal....point is...why cherry pick what dangerous objects or legal or illegal such as the two items I just mentioned?

Old 06-07-2022, 12:22 PM

61,680 posts, read 87,077,794 times
This thread is now way off topic.
If you want to discuss guns, in general, please do so PoC or Gun Forum.

Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio