Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 09:34 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,796,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Our neighbors tease us because we already have both cars in the garage.

If we could have basements it would help. No basement = no place to put your junk but the garage!
Craigslist and Goodwill will help with the junk too. Just saying...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 11:20 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
My neighbors that I mention have 5 cars and they don't park any of them in their garage.
They have to park one of them down the street.
I dont have five cars, I only have two and I park them both in the driveway because I can.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:34 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,411 times
I will never buy or rent again in a neighborhood where parking is allowed on both sides of the street. It looks horrible, plus it can be dangerous.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
I will never buy or rent again in a neighborhood where parking is allowed on both sides of the street. It looks horrible, plus it can be dangerous.
I know of no neighborhoods that restrict parking during the daytime. Lotsa luck with that one...

Old 05-08-2010, 07:42 AM

18,131 posts, read 25,296,596 times
Quote:
Funny,
The only reason I park my car in the street is to get people to slow down as they drive by our house.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:19 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Funny,
The only reason I park my car in the street is to get people to slow down as they drive by our house.
You must like your house an awful lot if you want people to slow down while passing by or you hate your car. A car parked in the street, especially when a driveway is available is nothing but a stationary road block.

I can testify how little time it takes for one's car / pickup to get hit or backed into while parked in the street. Cars parked on the street also create hazards for kids who can easily dart out in the street which have now cut down on one's reation time.

I'll never understand why we pay for a garage which turns into an extension of "Uncle Bob's Storage". For those that don't have a garage they must certainaly have a driveway.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:28 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,840,234 times
Guess I can't understand how someone thinks it's their right to tell folks what to do with their own property. Sorry - but if they want to park in the drive or street - it's none of your business, folks!

Old 05-10-2010, 06:26 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
I know of no neighborhoods that restrict parking during the daytime. Lotsa luck with that one...
I said BOTH sides of the road; I realize there will be some parking. It must be a San Antonio thing, then, because in our Seattle neighborhood, Colorado Springs neighborhood, and in base housing it's only allowed on one side. Are you guys telling me there are no neighborhoods in this entire town that has parking restrictions?

Old 05-10-2010, 06:45 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,994,816 times
I believe in ungated communities the roads are considered public, therefore public laws apply...

The bottom line is it is legal in San Antonio to leave a car parked in the street when there are no restrictions for doing so. Whether that appeals to some people or doesn't, it is allowed therefore those who don't like it need to understand there is nothing they can do about it.

And just because there is space open in the driveway doesn't mean you have to park there. I move my car out into the street so I can take the Jeep out of the garage. I am not going to waste the time nor gasoline to move it back into the driveway just so I can pull it out again later when I get home!

I wish people were as adamant and proactive over the litter in this town as they are about how other people legally park their cars!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
I said BOTH sides of the road; I realize there will be some parking. It must be a San Antonio thing, then, because in our Seattle neighborhood, Colorado Springs neighborhood, and in base housing it's only allowed on one side. Are you guys telling me there are no neighborhoods in this entire town that has parking restrictions?
Yeah, I read what you wrote. And I don't know of any parts of SA with that restriction. Maybe you'll get lucky and find one somewhere.

BTW which Seattle neighborhoods are you talking about? I'm in Queen Anne and go to Ballard and Freemont all the time and people park on both sides of the street here. Maybe this was a while back?

Edit: the restricted parking I have seen is in two neighborhoods. One near Mission Ridge and the other is Inwood (according to their Wiki anyway). They don't allow parking on the street at night. Both neighborhoods have private roads so they can do whatever they want I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio