Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 07:40 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Where I come from cars parked in the streets were called:

~ first base
~ third base
word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 05:48 PM

58 posts, read 127,144 times
in my neighborhood we all have 2 car garages. my wife and i are the only homestead that seems to take advantage of this. not sure why but nobody parks their cars in the garage!!!

Old 03-29-2011, 05:56 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapanther View Post
in my neighborhood we all have 2 car garages. my wife and i are the only homestead that seems to take advantage of this. not sure why but nobody parks their cars in the garage!!!
Probably because their garage is full of crap! It's a national phenomenon. A 2-car garage packed with "stuff" where people are lucky if they can get even one car in it.

Me, I've got a 3-car garage with four cars and 2 motorcycles in it. I have one additional car that has to sit outside.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,840,234 times
hehehehe.....3-car garage - 1 motorcycle, 1 Bushtec trailer (google it), 1 Handy Lift, 1 reloading bench, tens of thousands of rounds of reloading components, 1 gun table, tools of the trade.....an' 2 cars in the driveway.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
hehehehe.....3-car garage - 1 motorcycle, 1 Bushtec trailer (google it), 1 Handy Lift, 1 reloading bench, tens of thousands of rounds of reloading components, 1 gun table, tools of the trade.....an' 2 cars in the driveway.
I have a feeling you have been DYING to tell the board about the stuff in your 3 car garage and used this thread as the perfect opportunity.

Good for you dude!

Old 03-29-2011, 09:37 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,032,904 times
2 2-car garages with....GET THIS.....4 cars in 'em. Plus a bunch of junk, but mostly cars. Whenever I drive through the streets and see the insides of other peoples' garages, though, it's unbelievable. Mostly CRAP! No room for 1 car, let alone 2!!!! I don't understand at all....is this a Texas phenomenon or an American one?

Old 03-29-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
2 2-car garages with....GET THIS.....4 cars in 'em. Plus a bunch of junk, but mostly cars. Whenever I drive through the streets and see the insides of other peoples' garages, though, it's unbelievable. Mostly CRAP! No room for 1 car, let alone 2!!!! I don't understand at all....is this a Texas phenomenon or an American one?
Have you ever seen an episode of Hoarders????

Old 03-29-2011, 09:58 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,781,863 times
Two car garage here with two cars. Proper way to use a garage.

No guns needed to prove my manhood, just my tools.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:23 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,840,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
I have a feeling you have been DYING to tell the board about the stuff in your 3 car garage and used this thread as the perfect opportunity.

Good for you dude!
Not really - but sometimes folks need to understand that garages have other uses, many of them are because of other things the homeowners are involved in. When I was still running cattle (before I figured out that throwing money out onto the highway was a lot easier way to waste my money), I usually had at least one welding project in the garage, because the ranch was 120 miles away, and it was easier to bring it home, fix it and then take it back - because welder's left usually weren't there the next time you got there.

A neighbor has his garage filled w/woodworking equipment, another with his kids' toys/stuff, etc. On our street, there's maybe 3 out of 30 homes where the folks park their cars in the garage.....

We're considerin' turnin' 'em in for bein' suspicious......

Old 03-30-2011, 02:24 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,032,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Not really - but sometimes folks need to understand that garages have other uses, many of them are because of other things the homeowners are involved in. When I was still running cattle (before I figured out that throwing money out onto the highway was a lot easier way to waste my money), I usually had at least one welding project in the garage, because the ranch was 120 miles away, and it was easier to bring it home, fix it and then take it back - because welder's left usually weren't there the next time you got there.

A neighbor has his garage filled w/woodworking equipment, another with his kids' toys/stuff, etc. On our street, there's maybe 3 out of 30 homes where the folks park their cars in the garage.....

We're considerin' turnin' 'em in for bein' suspicious......
It's one thing to have woodworking equipment in your garage. It's quite another for it to be completely filled with crap that would only resemble a tool set in a Tonka sales shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio