Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 08:52 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,683,032 times

Advertisements

this thread should be renamed 1st world problems LOL. It's ok, everyone. chill out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 08:52 PM

4,330 posts, read 7,240,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terbencas View Post
So what if the new neighbors who just moved in have plenty of space to park in front of there house in there driveway but instead park in front of the next door neighbors house. He has a real pretty landscape he just that can't be seen because there r two cars parked right in front and trash can that they put out front of curb has no place no more. Is there a law that says if ur curb line in front of ur house and driveway those r ur first slots to fill not the neighbors view or in front of neighbors curb.
any comments
if it is a public street, anybody can park in front of your house.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:53 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,351,842 times
Which is why I bought a house on a street that parking curbside is not allowed. My sister lives in an area that allows it and she hates it. (Unless she is having a dinner party) My driveway fits 9 and if more cars come they park at Bradley middle and walk.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,148 times
dont listen to these people...you have every right to be upset....whether or not something is legal, does not justify it to happen...it doesnt take a person with two brain cells to rub together to understand that concept...fine you wanna get technical and say its not illegal just because the city gives you special privileges and loop holes that they know you will exploit to the full extent of your diluted conscience...its still a total lack of respect to consistently host block parties and take up the whole neighborhood...i dont know maybe the people who do that just want attention..well news flash i dont owe you any attention...you should have gotten that during your adolescent childhood years. Why do they live their lives solely to cause disruption and distraction to others and clearly its annoying otherwise people wouldnt complain about it.why is the city so lenient toward these kind of people what do they stand to gain?

Old 10-12-2015, 10:09 AM

366 posts, read 494,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Renting or owning, it makes no difference....they are not doing anything wrong!

Honestly, it is a bit arrogant to expect people to conform to your wishes. How would you feel if one of your neighbors came and told you how you live? I am sure that wouldn't go over well, so why would it be alright the other way around?

And I am sure they appreciate your referring to them as 'Moderator cut: orphaned.' How do you react if someone called you that?

Sorry if that is not to your liking, but it is the ground truth and I think SnappyBob's advice is spot on...
THIS.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:11 AM

366 posts, read 494,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafide hustla View Post
dont listen to these people...you have every right to be upset....whether or not something is legal, does not justify it to happen...it doesnt take a person with two brain cells to rub together to understand that concept...fine you wanna get technical and say its not illegal just because the city gives you special privileges and loop holes that they know you will exploit to the full extent of your diluted conscience...its still a total lack of respect to consistently host block parties and take up the whole neighborhood...i dont know maybe the people who do that just want attention..well news flash i dont owe you any attention...you should have gotten that during your adolescent childhood years. Why do they live their lives solely to cause disruption and distraction to others and clearly its annoying otherwise people wouldnt complain about it.why is the city so lenient toward these kind of people what do they stand to gain?
You can be upset but do you have a right to be when the people are not doing anything illegal, seriously? It sounds like the OP is looking for conflict. We can not control everything about our surroundings or other people. If you are really that bothered, then move to a house with a lot of land where you don't have to look at things you don't want to.

Actually something being legal DOES "justify it to happen" that would be the whole point and definition of legal.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:41 AM

3 posts, read 3,235 times
I wouldn't care how judgemental it is. I have the Same problem if not even worse. I would refer to them as something different and you probably wouldn't like that either. I live in a cul-de-sac and everyday I can barely get thru to get to my house on the end. They are parked on both sides of the street all the way down. They leave their car doors opened blocking the middle or they just sit there in the middle of the street waiting for about a dozen kids to pop out or in the car. They have sat there just looking at me like I'm playing chicken or something and refuse to budge. Yes I have called the police numerous times as well as my neighbor across the street. Doesn't help at all. Probably cause the officer was Hispanic and they were having a quinceanera (a big party for 15 yr old girls),they probably invited her over too, or gave her a plate of fajitas and beans. Either way it's soooooo agrivating. They have the bumping music on all night. Again officers come out and say they gave them a warning and for me to call back if it's still loud. Of course I did. Still nothing changed. I could see them carrying beer around the side of the house, a drunk guy passed out in front. This is the most rediculous problem ever. All the houses on my block are single homes. I looked it up. They have about 20 ppl in one house. I took a picture of them when they all came our when they saw me taking pics of how they was in violation parking backwards and in the grass and ect. My daughter said they looked like a pile of ants and got scared and said they're probably going to retaliate against us.
I don't have to tell you who I'm voting for........

Old 04-05-2016, 02:33 PM

102 posts, read 128,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddmadd View Post
I wouldn't care how judgemental it is. I have the Same problem if not even worse. I would refer to them as something different and you probably wouldn't like that either. I live in a cul-de-sac and everyday I can barely get thru to get to my house on the end. They are parked on both sides of the street all the way down. They leave their car doors opened blocking the middle or they just sit there in the middle of the street waiting for about a dozen kids to pop out or in the car. They have sat there just looking at me like I'm playing chicken or something and refuse to budge. Yes I have called the police numerous times as well as my neighbor across the street. Doesn't help at all. Probably cause the officer was Hispanic and they were having a quinceanera (a big party for 15 yr old girls),they probably invited her over too, or gave her a plate of fajitas and beans. Either way it's soooooo agrivating. They have the bumping music on all night. Again officers come out and say they gave them a warning and for me to call back if it's still loud. Of course I did. Still nothing changed. I could see them carrying beer around the side of the house, a drunk guy passed out in front. This is the most rediculous problem ever. All the houses on my block are single homes. I looked it up. They have about 20 ppl in one house. I took a picture of them when they all came our when they saw me taking pics of how they was in violation parking backwards and in the grass and ect. My daughter said they looked like a pile of ants and got scared and said they're probably going to retaliate against us.
I don't have to tell you who I'm voting for........
Whereabouts do you live?

Old 04-05-2016, 09:06 PM

3 posts, read 3,235 times
North of Dallas TX.
Well we took one step today. My neighbor and I went to property standards and reported numerous ppl in one home for each house. I googled the square footage and showed pics of the ppl outside each of the crowded houses on my cul-de-sac. We showed the pics of the house that works on cars in the evenings as a business. Just happened to have a few of them putting bulk trash out 3 weeks early for us to look at even more crap daily . You are only allowed to put bulk trash out 5 days before pick up .
The cars parking wrong direction on the street or in grass or blocking sidewalk-that's a police issue not property standards so I'll continue to call and follow up requesting a copy of the police report which has the officers name that came out. Also they knock my trash cans over due to being drunk and cause me to miss regular trash pick up. Dealing with each and every problem one at a time. CPS is my next step. After last night when we took the pics and the ppl came out, I had no idea that many ppl could even fit in that house. There had to of been at least 20 -30 ppl. Mostly adults. They was yelling profanity and all grouped up in the middle of the street. Great for me because they moved to the light and got another pic....
Agree or not, these are my concerns and this is how I'm dealing with it.
The whole nails and flat tire junk, nah, I think they had to do with my flat tires and my daughters. So I'm keeping a log with pics times dates and anything I can to resolve this....

Old 04-05-2016, 09:52 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,841,916 times
If this is in the Dallas area, why air it in the SA pages?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio