Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 AM

410 posts, read 923,649 times

Advertisements

p.s. This thread was launched 3 years ago. I wonder if said neighbors have remained. Anyhoo, Good Luck Mrsb057.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
Reminds me of a saying I once heard: "Only in America, do we park automobiles worth thousands of dollars outside, because our garages are full of worthless junk."
The garage is the Texas basement.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:24 AM

410 posts, read 923,649 times
Sounds like you need the services of Crusher Tank Parking Enforcement. And they do so with a smile? See?

Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM

62 posts, read 110,753 times
Great picture...I wish I could hire one of these to flatten some cars in my WHills neighborhood.

Old 03-14-2015, 08:04 PM

658 posts, read 722,261 times
Default Why is this even a problem?

Do you really have nothing better to do with your life than complain about how people live and judge them based on where they legally park? Just because you don't think it looks "neat" doesn't mean anything. Your feelings do not dictate laws (thank goodness.) They have every right to park on the street if they want to.

My across the street neighbor in Canada would always be parking his car in front of my house even though there was space in front of his and he also had a driveway. We had a huge maple tree with shade, so maybe that's why. Anyway, in Canada you're not allowed to park your car in front of your own house overnight or they will ticket you for getting in the way of the garbage trucks that come in the morning.

But I digress. This neighbor of mine was always doing it and it did kind of annoy me (not to the extent you're flipping out, though.) And lo and behold I started chatting with him and turns out he's a mechanic.

And you know what? He helped me with my car on numerous occasions for NO CHARGE. He was a really nice guy.

Stop judging people!

(Yes it's necro'd and you can thank Google for that!)

Old 03-14-2015, 09:34 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
Do you really have nothing better to do with your life than complain about how people live and judge them based on where they legally park? Just because you don't think it looks "neat" doesn't mean anything. Your feelings do not dictate laws (thank goodness.) They have every right to park on the street if they want to.
Actually, in a gated neighborhood with private streets, they don't have that right. There may not be many of those in Quebec, but we've got hundreds of gated neighborhoods and thousands of private streets here in Texas!

Old 03-14-2015, 10:45 PM

268 posts, read 357,628 times
I love how folks like to throw around the "stop judging people" phrase. Whats wrong with forming an opinion of someone?

Are you religious or something? God says we can rebuke someone all day long, and thats not the same as judging (condemning).

Rebuking involves facts, judging involves assumptions. The fact is, these people park their cars up and down the street, degrading the aesthetics of the neighborhood. Nothing wrong with wanting folks to have respect for others in their neighborhood.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:01 AM

336 posts, read 442,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsb057 View Post
So the home across from us is 3100+sqft, my husband and I expected for them to have a car or two...which we would hope they would park in their drive way and not the street. Everyone on our street (culdesac) parks with their vehicles in the driveway. Very rarely will you find cars parked in the street unless its a Holiday...

These people moved in and i swear the guy was speeding down our street (which couldnt be more than the length of a football field) like a maniac..

Its annoying. I am trying to find a nice way to tell them that they should take a hint and park in the driveway thats what its there for like the rest of the neighbors.

FOrget going to the HOA apparently parking in the street is a city issue not the HOA.

Its just a shame when you have everyone else who likes to keep the subdivision uniform and neat and you get these Moderator cut: inappropriate, substitute "jerks" who have like 20 people under one roof and a parking lot of cars.
Oh get over yourself. The street is public property and they can park there if they wish. If you dont like it, move to an island, no roads there.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:02 AM

336 posts, read 442,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post

My across the street neighbor in Canada would always be parking his car in front of my house even though there was space in front of his and he also had a driveway. We had a huge maple tree with shade, so maybe that's why. Anyway, in Canada you're not allowed to park your car in front of your own house overnight or they will ticket you for getting in the way of the garbage trucks that come in the morning.

But I digress. This neighbor of mine was always doing it and it did kind of annoy me (not to the extent you're flipping out, though.) And lo and behold I started chatting with him and turns out he's a mechanic.

And you know what? He helped me with my car on numerous occasions for NO CHARGE. He was a really nice guy.

Stop judging people!

(Yes it's necro'd and you can thank Google for that!)
Love your comment, you are awesome!

Old 03-16-2015, 07:02 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,348,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundNinia View Post
Oh get over yourself. The street is public property and they can park there if they wish. If you dont like it, move to an island, no roads there.
You must be either

the person who likes living in a cluttered neighborhood

or

you live at the house with ten cars and everyone in the area hates your house
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio