Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2010, 07:51 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,736,157 times

Advertisements

Terrell Hills and Alamo Heights do not allow parking in the street at night. After 2:00am, I think. Generally, first a warning, then a ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 07:53 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,557,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
I said BOTH sides of the road; I realize there will be some parking. It must be a San Antonio thing, then, because in our Seattle neighborhood, Colorado Springs neighborhood, and in base housing it's only allowed on one side. Are you guys telling me there are no neighborhoods in this entire town that has parking restrictions?
Hmmmmm.... lemme think of places/neighborhoods I've been to/lived in ~ Phoenix, Az? Yep, seen parking on both sides of the street. Orange County, CA? Yep, even in... wait for it.... IRVINE Washington, DC? Yep. Austin, TX? OH YEAH! And some streets are so narrow that only one car can drive through when both sides are full. Charleston, SC? Yep. San Francisco, CA? Yep. OBX? Yep. Just off the top of my head........

However, I have noticed that in Monte Vista there are streets that do not allow parking on one side of the street.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:03 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,797,306 times
That's why I'm genuinely curious which neighborhood up here they're talking about because for the life of me I can't think of any neighborhood with a restriction like that. It's gotta be something from long ago because traffic and parking has just gotten unreal in this city. I'll even go swing through on my way to work later today to check it out.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:06 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,557,517 times
Yep scuba, that's what otherhalf has said about that area when he's up there. Doesn't sound that much more "parking-on-the-street restricted" than here. (But he hasn't been *in* Seattle much, it's mostly been Lynwood, Everett, etc. Maybe that's why.)

Old 05-10-2010, 08:14 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,797,306 times
I sort of wish there were restrictions in the urban neighborhoods, but the city is just too big for that and there are too many cars. In a lot of neighborhoods both sides of the street are more than halfway full. On the other hand people have no other choice but to take it slow when they go down side streets. It's one of those things where at least the neighborhoods I'm familiar with in SA have a huge lead on compared to elsewhere.

I'm guessing the part of SA they're complainng about is either near downtown or relatively new construction where the houses are tightly packed? That part was unclear too, unless I missed it somewhere.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:19 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I believe in ungated communities the roads are considered public, therefore public laws apply...

The bottom line is it is legal in San Antonio to leave a car parked in the street when there are no restrictions for doing so. Whether that appeals to some people or doesn't, it is allowed therefore those who don't like it need to understand there is nothing they can do about it.

And just because there is space open in the driveway doesn't mean you have to park there. I move my car out into the street so I can take the Jeep out of the garage. I am not going to waste the time nor gasoline to move it back into the driveway just so I can pull it out again later when I get home!

I wish people were as adamant and proactive over the litter in this town as they are about how other people legally park their cars!
I couldn't even say how many times I've commented on the litter problem here and how shocking it was to us.
Actually, we lived in Auburn, WA in a new development-- eight years ago.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:31 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,730,456 times
I thought about cleaning out my garage and parking there. Damn NSA says if I want to do that I have to do it without the use of my garage door opener.

I park in the street because we have 3 cars and I dont feel like playing musical cars every morning. Irritates me a little because the people that live two houses down (lovingly referred to as "the element" which is a funny story for another thread) have parties and I lose my parking space. Usually, though they wrap up relatively early so I just put my car back. On the grand scheme of things it is really just a minor annoyance.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:26 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,411,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Terrell Hills and Alamo Heights do not allow parking in the street at night. After 2:00am, I think. Generally, first a warning, then a ticket.
2:00AM - 5:00AM In AH, if a guest was "overserved" and sought another ride home, a call to the PD is enough o prevent a ticket. Do not know about TH.

Also, in TH, with inadequate parking and multiple cars, a sticker allows for on street parking.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:52 PM

46 posts, read 75,360 times
Default I understand

I can relate, Ive got a classless neighbor who thinks he's "all that".
Mr. Racecar as we call him (when we are thinking nice thoughts).
He has screwed with everything in his front yard including making a kaliche driveway on one side to park his giant car trailer and various crap vehicles he has befriended. He leaves trashy junk parts, boxes, wood and crap in his driveway. And just to **** the neighbors (none of us can stand him) he parks in the street in front of others house with his beater of a truck. Doesn't need to, he just does it to be a prick. He moves it in the evenings....it borders on harrassment really.

Some people are full of themselves to the point of being classless idiots who ruin otherwise nice neighborhoods. Oh they were sooo nice when they moved in. Kind of a con man know it all redneck. They way they live, they should be out in the country or at least in a trailer park.

Mr Racecar, if you are reading this, you know who you are.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:23 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,843,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATXSATX View Post
I can relate, Ive got a classless neighbor who thinks he's "all that".
Mr. Racecar as we call him (when we are thinking nice thoughts).
He has screwed with everything in his front yard including making a kaliche driveway on one side to park his giant car trailer and various crap vehicles he has befriended. He leaves trashy junk parts, boxes, wood and crap in his driveway. And just to **** the neighbors (none of us can stand him) he parks in the street in front of others house with his beater of a truck. Doesn't need to, he just does it to be a prick. He moves it in the evenings....it borders on harrassment really.

Some people are full of themselves to the point of being classless idiots who ruin otherwise nice neighborhoods. Oh they were sooo nice when they moved in. Kind of a con man know it all redneck. They way they live, they should be out in the country or at least in a trailer park.

Mr Racecar, if you are reading this, you know who you are.
If you're in the City Limits have you contacted Code Compliance?. If you are in the County they too have a Code Compliance Division. I know several of the Folks (Bexar County) and the love taking *******S like your neighbor to court.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio