Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 03:09 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,449,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
If the bolded were really true, housing prices would be higher in Temecula... but they're not so...

Personally, I'll take my dumpy Clairemont home because I get get to the beach in 15 minutes or less.

Yep.
The greater Temecula/Murrietta/etc area is a big island in the middle of nowhere. Compared with other places in Riverside County, it's better but it doesn't stack up at all with SD or OC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2023, 03:18 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,176,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
What amenities does Temecula have that are missing anywhere in the populous parts of SD County? I honestly can't think of anything...
Well, off the top of my head - easy access to scenic wineries.
But, other than that...you got me

Old 10-30-2023, 03:19 PM

3,069 posts, read 1,740,420 times
Quote:
Yep.
The greater Temecula/Murrietta/etc area is a big island in the middle of nowhere. Compared with other places in Riverside County, it's better but it doesn't stack up at all with SD or OC.
True it is definitely a step above those places. When I was a kid it was nicer, but it's been built out too much.

Old 10-30-2023, 08:39 PM

50,250 posts, read 47,011,154 times
Quote:
What amenities does Temecula have that are missing anywhere in the populous parts of SD County? I honestly can't think of anything.

My problem with the area is it feels crowded anywhere you're at. Worse yet, all those massive tracts in Temecula, Murrietta, French Valley, etc., have merged together as one big amorphous blob of suburban hell. You can almost include Lake Elsinore to Hemet in that now too.
Hard pass on the area. If I want to live in hell like heat I'd move to AZ and save some money. Especially on utilities. Traffic is as bad as LA.

Old 10-31-2023, 09:41 AM

5,734 posts, read 4,691,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyInSD View Post
Well, off the top of my head - easy access to scenic wineries.
But, other than that...you got me
Because "easy access to wineries" is such an important criteria when determining where to live. I mean it's right up there with good schools and low traffic (Temecula has neither).

Old 10-31-2023, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Because "easy access to wineries" is such an important criteria when determining where to live. I mean it's right up there with good schools and low traffic (Temecula has neither).
My wife likes wine, but we're good with the fact that it takes a little longer to get up there from here. And if we really want to get $hitfaced, we'll just get a hotel for the night.

Old 10-31-2023, 10:54 AM

There are wineries in San Diego too. Good ones? I don't know. I'm not into the scene, but it exists. There's also grocery stores unless you need the winery experience itself.

Anyway, more 'downturn' market news right here.

Home prices in San Diego rose 0.6% in August, exceeding the national average...
Zillow Senior Economist Nicole Bachaud said buyers appear to have adjusted to high mortgage rates. “Promising signs of market balancing are on the horizon, however, as new listings have been picking up with many sellers starting to accept the new normal of a high-rate environment,” she said.

Old 10-31-2023, 01:14 PM

Quote:
There are wineries in San Diego too. Good ones? I don't know. I'm not into the scene, but it exists. There's also grocery stores unless you need the winery experience itself.
I prefer Valle de Guadalupe anyways.

Old 11-05-2023, 11:42 AM

66 posts, read 53,271 times
Hey so back to the title of this thread, I am seeing sales slow considerably. Many price drops on Zillow. I like to track the expensive homes in Coronado and LaJolla and seeing time to sell creep up. Those above $2m seem to be all cash anyway but they’ve slowed too. Maybe the FED will pause and start reversing? Let’s see what happens after the holidays.

Old 11-05-2023, 12:05 PM

There's only one in my zip that's had significant price cuts but it was way too pricey even a year ago. That one has been on zillow for over 500 days. But it's a weird place. The house model for the neighborhood is actually a 4br/2.5b but this one was turned into mini-dorms as a retirement home business. It claims it's 10br/7b in the same footprint. They wanted 2M a year ago and sits at 1.8M currently. Who'd buy that??? If you were going to live in it, you'd be doing a major gut and remodel because some of those half baths and extra rooms are literally closet sized.

Other than that, everything else seems to be moving to some degree or another. Apparently +$12K/month mortgages are palatable to someone out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego