Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2023, 12:13 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Because "easy access to wineries" is such an important criteria when determining where to live. I mean it's right up there with good schools and low traffic (Temecula has neither).
LOL. Coffee snort. So true. I'm vacationing on the beach in the SD area now and I would give anything to live here full time. OMG. Everything within walking/Coaster train distance. We didn't even have to rent a car. Absolutely perfect weather. We'll be back next year for another 2 months.

All I remember about Temecula is the wineries. Back when they gave you free wine glasses, lol.
Hotter than hell, no thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2023, 02:57 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotjoe View Post
Hey so back to the title of this thread, I am seeing sales slow considerably. Many price drops on Zillow. I like to track the expensive homes in Coronado and LaJolla and seeing time to sell creep up. Those above $2m seem to be all cash anyway but they’ve slowed too. Maybe the FED will pause and start reversing? Let’s see what happens after the holidays.
I don't see mortgage rates going down any time soon. You'll be waiting a while. 6-7 % is probably more normal than what we've had the past 20 years and the market already seems to be adjusting.

Old 11-05-2023, 08:02 PM

18 posts, read 18,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
I don't see mortgage rates going down any time soon. You'll be waiting a while. 6-7 % is probably more normal than what we've had the past 20 years and the market already seems to be adjusting.
'eh... not sure about that. There's an election brewing and the economy is a mess, we're sending BILLIONS of dollars to support 2 wars, stock market is not exactly 'doing well', housing market is in a funk, if the current occupant of the white house wants any chance whateversoever he'll be winking and nodding at his buddy Jerome Powell to do something with those rates. The market is not a real market anymore it's an artificial reaction to corrupt stimulus. The market reacts to what these sinister politicians inflict upon it... once the market moves they figure out the next way they will artificially move it again to suit their purposes.

By the way you guys are nuts. Temecula is a literal paradise. I love the people that gripe about traffic, it's almost like you've never driven around in SD, LOL. I sat in about 45 mins of traffic on the 5 freeway today for absolutely no reason whatsoever. there was no accident, no road construction, nothing. Just a bottle neck because well, it's san diego traffic! At least in Temecula they are in progress fixing it. The 215/15 split construction has begun, traffic will be exponetially better once completed, can't say that for SD. Also, SD is freezing cold while Temecula you can acutally use a swimming pool. To each their own.

Old 11-05-2023, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicallabscientist View Post
Translation: “I am broke so I had to move to a far flung exurb to afford housing”
Translation: "I work in a lab so i'm miserable and think others are as miserable as me"

Old 11-05-2023, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
What amenities does Temecula have that are missing anywhere in the populous parts of SD County? I honestly can't think of anything.

My problem with the area is it feels crowded anywhere you're at. Worse yet, all those massive tracts in Temecula, Murrietta, French Valley, etc., have merged together as one big amorphous blob of suburban hell. You can almost include Lake Elsinore to Hemet in that now too.
Because SD doesn't have massive tracts? LOL. SD is literally a bunch of massive tracts that are 50+ years old. Oh yeah there's the beach area that should be renamed the homeless area. Could be nice but yeah i'm not a big fan of getting harassed for spare change and having to worry about hepatitis as i walk around.

Let's see... in the last week i've;

-Enjoyed a day at a swim up bar in a world class resort pool complex, after a day of golf on a championship course 5 mins from my home
-Seen live music at 3 different vineyards while sipping on wonderful varietals... let's make this a trend.. 5 mins from my home
-Gone out dancing with the mrs. at a lively old town spot, again 5 mins from my home.
-Rode a mechanical bull, 5 mins from my home.
-Rode my RAZR on acreage with my kids, 5 mins from my home (most of it on my property itself but our journey took us 5 mins from our home, LOL)
-picked grapes and worked on my small vineyard, therapeutically thinking about Gods Grace, abundance, how great life is and lots of fresh air with not even hearing 1 car, 1 person, or any noise other than birds.... all of this not even 5 mins away as it's on my property

I also get to take advantage of things close by (not 5 mins from my home)

-Gently whipped over the backside hills to Palm Springs and enjoyed a wonderful weekend.
-Whipped down the 15 freeway to Stone brewery, The Zoo Safari Park and the Rancho Bernardo Inn

This is just the last few days... and not to mention everyday life. Shopping = easy. Mall = easy. Top notch schools for the kids, sports teams, etc.. To each their own but if you have a little family I don't see how you don't try it.

Old 11-06-2023, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timaay View Post
By the way you guys are nuts. Temecula is a literal paradise. I love the people that gripe about traffic, it's almost like you've never driven around in SD, LOL. I sat in about 45 mins of traffic on the 5 freeway today for absolutely no reason whatsoever. there was no accident, no road construction, nothing. Just a bottle neck because well, it's san diego traffic! At least in Temecula they are in progress fixing it. The 215/15 split construction has begun, traffic will be exponetially better once completed, can't say that for SD. Also, SD is freezing cold while Temecula you can acutally use a swimming pool. To each their own.
If they lower rates then we're going to get inflation again. But yeah, if Trump gets elected that's probably what he'll do, but it'd be a mistake. Temecula is fine, but I prefer San Diego. Traffic is a non issue for me since I work from home and I'm not into 4x4. I surf and several beaches are 15 mins from me.

Old 11-06-2023, 12:22 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
Quote:
Because SD doesn't have massive tracts? LOL. SD is literally a bunch of massive tracts that are 50+ years old. Oh yeah there's the beach area that should be renamed the homeless area. Could be nice but yeah i'm not a big fan of getting harassed for spare change and having to worry about hepatitis as i walk around.

Let's see... in the last week i've;

-Enjoyed a day at a swim up bar in a world class resort pool complex, after a day of golf on a championship course 5 mins from my home
-Seen live music at 3 different vineyards while sipping on wonderful varietals... let's make this a trend.. 5 mins from my home
-Gone out dancing with the mrs. at a lively old town spot, again 5 mins from my home.
-Rode a mechanical bull, 5 mins from my home.
-Rode my RAZR on acreage with my kids, 5 mins from my home (most of it on my property itself but our journey took us 5 mins from our home, LOL)
-picked grapes and worked on my small vineyard, therapeutically thinking about Gods Grace, abundance, how great life is and lots of fresh air with not even hearing 1 car, 1 person, or any noise other than birds.... all of this not even 5 mins away as it's on my property

I also get to take advantage of things close by (not 5 mins from my home)

-Gently whipped over the backside hills to Palm Springs and enjoyed a wonderful weekend.
-Whipped down the 15 freeway to Stone brewery, The Zoo Safari Park and the Rancho Bernardo Inn

This is just the last few days... and not to mention everyday life. Shopping = easy. Mall = easy. Top notch schools for the kids, sports teams, etc.. To each their own but if you have a little family I don't see how you don't try it.
That's cool. I'm glad you're enjoying life.

I can do almost all those things you listed either on my property or with a few minutes drive from my house too. Don't have to move to Temecula for all that.

With the exception of the mechanical bull. No idea if there is one of those in north county. I rode one once, back in my college days. Once was enough.

Old 11-06-2023, 03:27 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
Because SD doesn't have massive tracts? LOL. SD is literally a bunch of massive tracts that are 50+ years old.

You didn't read what I wrote in its entirety. Where does Temecula end and Murrietta even start these days? For that matter, everything around it. The older tracts in SD are fine to me because they don't have that congested feel. Neighborhoods built in the 20s -60s in SD have charm that Temecula never will. But my point was the entire TemecaMurrWildoElsinoreFrenchHemet feels suffocating to me.

And for the record, I've had relatives living there forever so I'm more than familiar with what that area was and what it's become. They didn't move from SD though, mostly LA and OC. Temecula in the 70s or 80s, ok, sure I guess but still no compelling reason to move if you were already in a nice spot in SD. These days? Not at any cost. No way.

Quote:
Oh yeah there's the beach area that should be renamed the homeless area. Could be nice but yeah i'm not a big fan of getting harassed for spare change and having to worry about hepatitis as i walk around.
Well it's a good thing you found a place you like then, right?
I'm not a beach guy but it's an option that's doable here. It's definitely not what sells me on SD.

Old 11-06-2023, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post

I'm not a beach guy but it's an option that's doable here. It's definitely not what sells me on SD.
In any case, there are plenty of beaches without homeless and needles. I'm at the beach often and I've never seen a needle. They're probably there at times, but I've never seen one. Glad I haven't. I'm sure they exist, but probably not in huge numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego