Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 06:37 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times

Advertisements

I've been here so long, that I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was "house bound" due to crappy weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 06:50 PM

35 posts, read 23,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
I've been here so long, that I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was "house bound" due to crappy weather.
I am in Denver by way of NYC...I cannot relate Sub zero temps here last week...today it was 69 degrees!

Old 03-02-2022, 06:54 PM

37 posts, read 29,020 times
Maybe, I like being near the ocean to surf. If it was any colder here I'd probably move to Hawaii.

Old 03-02-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsurfer3 View Post
maybe, i like being near the ocean to surf. If it was any colder here i'd probably move to hawaii.
nice

Old 03-02-2022, 07:41 PM

6,420 posts, read 11,590,922 times
I landed here kinda' sorta by accident. Would have landed in Los Angeles, but my first employer said, "If you start here, we'll be laying you off after two days. Could we interest you in San Diego instead?

Um, OK, sure.

And then, having survived 30 Chicago winters, I decided this was the climate I needed to live in. And that first employer didn't last, but in those years there was enough employment opportunity (government contractor aerospace) to keep me here. And I'm now here with a good retirement. And I ain't going nowhere else, unless the weather is even better than here.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:06 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSurfer3 View Post
Maybe, I like being near the ocean to surf. If it was any colder here I'd probably move to Hawaii.
May as well, it is costing as much to live here as there now. I could do LaHaina.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:11 PM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantor666999 View Post
Hello,

Trying to liven this SD forum a bit.

Question: If San Diego did not have nice/temperate weather/climate, would you still live in San Diego??

Remove knowing friends and family and your job in San Diego from your decision making process.

For what other reasons, if any, would you remain in San Diego if San Diego had weather/climate comparable to Denver Colorado???...everything else in San Diego remaining the same, ie: cost of living, etc..

I know my answer BTW, I really do love San Diego...and Denver too.
Taking friends and family out of the equation if there were not an ocean here and probably the weather I definitely would not live here. I figure I will move one day when I’m too old to surf and when I just can’t take it here anymore. I would definitely consider Hawaii but it just feels so far away from everything.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:13 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantor666999 View Post
Hello,

Trying to liven this SD forum a bit.

Question: If San Diego did not have nice/temperate weather/climate, would you still live in San Diego??

Remove knowing friends and family and your job in San Diego from your decision making process.

For what other reasons, if any, would you remain in San Diego if San Diego had weather/climate comparable to Denver Colorado???...everything else in San Diego remaining the same, ie: cost of living, etc..

I know my answer BTW, I really do love San Diego...and Denver too.
If San Diego did not have nice weather then it be just like any other city without nice weather. You only live there because your job is there or its your home have family and support network there. Otherwise you may as well be somewhere else.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
I landed here kinda' sorta by accident. Would have landed in Los Angeles, but my first employer said, "If you start here, we'll be laying you off after two days. Could we interest you in San Diego instead?

Um, OK, sure.

And then, having survived 30 Chicago winters, I decided this was the climate I needed to live in. And that first employer didn't last, but in those years there was enough employment opportunity (government contractor aerospace) to keep me here. And I'm now here with a good retirement. And I ain't going nowhere else, unless the weather is even better than here.
I lived in Chicago as well..brutal winters and hot humid summers. Naperville and Wrigleyville. Dad was at Lake Pointe tower..lucky dog.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:04 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
If San Diego did not have nice weather then it be just like any other city without nice weather. You only live there because your job is there or its your home have family and support network there. Otherwise you may as well be somewhere else.
If it didn't have nice weather but was near the ocean, I think people would still want to be here. If it had no ocean it would be Tucson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego