Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 09:07 PM

35 posts, read 23,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSD1995 View Post
If it didn't have nice weather but was near the ocean, I think people would still want to be here. If it had no ocean it would be Tucson.
I believe Tuscon has the hottest temps of any city...very comparable to Phoenix. Yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 09:20 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantor666999 View Post
I believe Tuscon has the hottest temps of any city...very comparable to Phoenix. Yikes.
Go inland about 15 miles from the beach no different than Arizona. That's why the beach areas cost so much. Plus, as an added bonus, in CA you'll pay the highest energy rates of the entire United States. Enjoy. A thousand dollar per month SDG and bend over bill easily tops a grand for people living inland with a decent sized house.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:21 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,431,701 times
Quote:
If it didn't have nice weather but was near the ocean, I think people would still want to be here. If it had no ocean it would be Tucson.
Lived in Tuscon for maybe 6 months back in the 80's near Canyon Ranch. Beautiful fishbowl scenery.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Go inland about 15 miles from the beach no different than Arizona. That's why the beach areas cost so much. Plus, as an added bonus, in CA you'll pay the highest energy rates of the entire United States. Enjoy. A thousand dollar per month SDG and bend over bill easily tops a grand for people living inland with a decent sized house.
I appreciate the sarcasm. I would choose San Diego over Phoenix. Just my preference.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:42 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,567,327 times
All big cities have big problems, but if the weather here sucked I couldn't justify paying the ridiculous rents now. I'm retired but have lived in the county for most of the last 50 + years. My immediate family all live in the area.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:54 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
I appreciate the sarcasm. I would choose San Diego over Phoenix. Just my preference.
No sarcasm. I know multiple people, pretty well off that get smacked with gigantic energy bills in the summer that live inland. Not everyone can afford that.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
No sarcasm. I know multiple people, pretty well off that get smacked with gigantic energy bills in the summer that live inland. Not everyone can afford that.
wowzer! to each their own perhaps??

Old 03-03-2022, 09:21 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,961,831 times
Quote:
Then be like Seattle, Houston, Corpus Christi, Mobile, Charleston, Norfolk VA (both have big navy presence), Philadelphia (close enough to ocean), Boston.

Old 03-03-2022, 09:26 AM

121 posts, read 158,445 times
NOPE.

Could you imagine living anywhere in California with the tax man, regulation man and super majority thought police attempting to control your life 24-7?

CA (Coastal OC and SD where I'm from) used to be paradise...now it's a giant high priced echo chamber.

Freedom and sanity > weather.

Old 03-03-2022, 09:47 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,785,923 times
Quote:
Hello,

Trying to liven this SD forum a bit.

Question: If San Diego did not have nice/temperate weather/climate, would you still live in San Diego??

Remove knowing friends and family and your job in San Diego from your decision making process.

For what other reasons, if any, would you remain in San Diego if San Diego had weather/climate comparable to Denver Colorado???...everything else in San Diego remaining the same, ie: cost of living, etc..

I know my answer BTW, I really do love San Diego...and Denver too.
Well I have family and friends that left CA and while they liked the weather it was other problems. Now that being said if it had Denver's weather it might qualify as part of the year would still be nice for the beach and visiting the many areas of the State and the amenities and there is just so much to do in just SoCal that it would still be appealing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego