Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 10:13 AM

3,067 posts, read 1,737,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer46 View Post
Well I have family and friends that left CA and while they liked the weather it was other problems. Now that being said if it had Denver's weather it might qualify as part of the year would still be nice for the beach and visiting the many areas of the State and the amenities and there is just so much to do in just SoCal that it would still be appealing.
I'll agree, SoCal has a ton of stuff to do. The problem is, everything you can do is oversaturated with people. Surfing has gotten out of hand, way too many people in the water. Hiking same thing, the trails have a million people. This is a problem in many places, including Hawaii, but it would be nice to be somewhere where you could do those things without the crowds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 11:17 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
I'll agree, SoCal has a ton of stuff to do. The problem is, everything you can do is oversaturated with people. Surfing has gotten out of hand, way too many people in the water. Hiking same thing, the trails have a million people. This is a problem in many places, including Hawaii, but it would be nice to be somewhere where you could do those things without the crowds.
That's the major problem. Anywhere you want to go is maxed out. Especially weekends and holidays. See: Big Bear ski resorts, any popular surf break, any popular hiking trail.

Old 03-03-2022, 11:23 AM

6,496 posts, read 7,525,332 times
I'm from San Antonio, Texas originally. Back in 2003, my two choices were Denver and San Diego. I was pretty close to going with Denver but opted for San Diego because it more closely resembled my city BUT with a completely different twist.

If there were no proximity to Mexico OR Los Angeles, I probably would've opted for Denver.

Old 03-03-2022, 11:45 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,465,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
I'm from San Antonio, Texas originally. Back in 2003, my two choices were Denver and San Diego. I was pretty close to going with Denver but opted for San Diego because it more closely resembled my city BUT with a completely different twist.

If there were no proximity to Mexico OR Los Angeles, I probably would've opted for Denver.

We almost moved to Denver in 2005, actually toured neighborhoods and looked at homes there. Personally I would have preferred to have moved there, but due to some family issues we stayed in San Diego.

Old 03-03-2022, 12:17 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
That's why I usually take my PTO mid week. I also have a lot of hidden gems that are pretty hard to get to.

Old 03-03-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSD1995 View Post
That's the major problem. Anywhere you want to go is maxed out. Especially weekends and holidays. See: Big Bear ski resorts, any popular surf break, any popular hiking trail.
I'd eventually like to move somewhere quieter, but that is also somewhat up and coming (like Greenville). The problem is, after 20 years or so you'd probably have the same problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That's why I usually take my PTO mid week. I also have a lot of hidden gems that are pretty hard to get to.
Can't even do that anymore. I get up at the butt crack of dawn to surf sometimes, and there can still be a sh*t ton of people in the water.

Old 03-03-2022, 02:27 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
I'd eventually like to move somewhere quieter, but that is also somewhat up and coming (like Greenville). The problem is, after 20 years or so you'd probably have the same problem.

Can't even do that anymore. I get up at the butt crack of dawn to surf sometimes, and there can still be a sh*t ton of people in the water.
Oh, I was talking hiking but ya, I rarely take the board out anymore. Last time out I almost got in a fight in the water cause I took a left (I'm a goofy foot) and the clown that was going right came back and grabbed my leash. I waited on the beach and he went it about 500 yards down.

That's when I told myself it just wasn't worth it anymore. I surf to relax, not fight over waves. That day the waves sucked anyway.

Old 03-03-2022, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh, I was talking hiking but ya, I rarely take the board out anymore. Last time out I almost got in a fight in the water cause I took a left (I'm a goofy foot) and the clown that was going right came back and grabbed my leash. I waited on the beach and he went it about 500 yards down.

That's when I told myself it just wasn't worth it anymore. I surf to relax, not fight over waves. That day the waves sucked anyway.
Wild. Yeah it's rarely relaxing..

Old 03-03-2022, 07:12 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
Quote:
I' Hiking same thing, the trails have a million people. s.
If you and NYSD are having this issue here, you may not be doing it right. One thing me and bud 1ATP (who fearfully blocked me on cd) know is hiking remotely and smartly

Old 03-03-2022, 07:14 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,929,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheIce View Post
NOPE.

Could you imagine living anywhere in California with the tax man, regulation man and super majority thought police attempting to control your life 24-7?

CA (Coastal OC and SD where I'm from) used to be paradise...now it's a giant high priced echo chamber.

Freedom and sanity > weather.
Where u living now, AboveThelce?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego