Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 07:50 PM

4,537 posts, read 12,398,619 times

Advertisements

Going back to the original question, if San Diego has Denver weather I would probably stay here. Winter cold mixed in with warm weather breaks wouldn't be a problem.

Now, if it had Columbus, South Carolina weather with 4 months of brutal summer humidity, I would be 'get the hell out of Dodge'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2022, 08:07 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
I've been here so long, that I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I was "house bound" due to crappy weather.

Right. Me too. Weather isn't a triviality. Just being able to do mundane things outside is a huge selling point. I plan to die here. Hopefully it will occur outdoors.

Old 03-03-2022, 08:22 PM

35 posts, read 23,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Right. Me too. Weather isn't a triviality. Just being able to do mundane things outside is a huge selling point. I plan to die here. Hopefully it will occur outdoors.
WOW!..I agree. Weather here in Denver makes me always look at the forecast and try to plan ahead..a bummer. Please stay alive

Old 03-03-2022, 08:53 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
So long as it's not by Mt Lion or GW Shark I'm with ya

Old 03-04-2022, 12:00 PM

121 posts, read 158,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Where u living now, AboveThelce?
Well right now I'm temporarily living in my OC house in CA. I have been renting it out, but we are preparing to sell in in the next 60 days.

My full time location is a secret---but I can say tell you that you cannot find 'California' anywhere else. However you can find freedom and happiness with some elements of California which really is amazing.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:29 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,930,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheIce View Post
Well right now I'm temporarily living in my OC house in CA. I have been renting it out, but we are preparing to sell in in the next 60 days.

My full time location is a secret---but I can say tell you that you cannot find 'California' anywhere else. However you can find freedom and happiness with some elements of California which really is amazing.
I hope you finally find joy. Funny, I've lived in half-dozen places and found happiness in all. Could be just my winning constitution, again.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:58 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,689,857 times
If "San Diego" didn't have it's mild climate and beach, then it wouldn't be San Diego; it would be Phoenix.

I don't want to live in PHX.

So, if anybody needs me, I'll be in San Diego...

Old 03-04-2022, 05:17 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,132,127 times
We moved here for the climate and the ocean. We came from the L.A. area, with 24/7 freeway jams, smog, triple digit summers. And that is why we left there and came here. So glad we did.

Old 03-07-2022, 10:58 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,238 times
I had to think about this one. If you were ask this same question 5-7 years ago, I'd say no. Back then, Austin, Denver and DC were places I was interested in living in. I've been to Denver and most recently, Austin, a few times since then and their appeal has definitely worn off on me. I still like both but I'm not really interested in living there anymore. DC still has me wanting to go back. Surprisingly, I really like Houston, even though it's ugly as hell. Haha.

In short, I'm fine where I am now but ask me again in another 5 years and I'll probably have a different answer for you.

Old 03-07-2022, 11:56 AM

3,069 posts, read 1,737,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
I had to think about this one. If you were ask this same question 5-7 years ago, I'd say no. Back then, Austin, Denver and DC were places I was interested in living in. I've been to Denver and most recently, Austin, a few times since then and their appeal has definitely worn off on me. I still like both but I'm not really interested in living there anymore. DC still has me wanting to go back. Surprisingly, I really like Houston, even though it's ugly as hell. Haha.

In short, I'm fine where I am now but ask me again in another 5 years and I'll probably have a different answer for you.
I'm surprised you like DC. I really don't...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego