Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 07:12 PM

527 posts, read 426,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
It is the scammers I detest...

I was working landscape and woman with a dog/shoppingcart approaches asking if I like dogs and I said yes... she then explains they are homeless and her dog has not had anything to eat and she needs money for dog food.

I said wait here... I can help and walked to my truck and pulled out 5lb of dog food and handed it to her... (I had bought the dog food for my neighbor and would buy another on the way home)

The woman looks at me and refuses... I told her I was giving it to her and her dog would have food for at least a week... her reply floored me... she said she didn't want it... her dog only eats special food that costs $20... and there you go... on my way to being jaded at 19.

I have many similar and for years I could not step out of my service truck without being approached... remember one from my OPD ride along... he had a rap sheet which I mentioned to him... and that was the end of it... he changed the way he spoke and started cussing as he walked away.

A lot of people use to say they had car trouble and needed a tow... I said I have AAA and can help?... not a single person ever took me up on it... not once and I was sincere.

At work having to clean up human feces and trash each morning has also made me jaded... there are plenty of trash urns serviced daily yet it is more fun to smash liquor bottles than place in the urn...

Hot water hose, Pine-sol and scrub broom the doorways at 4:30 am each morning can't help but change a person... yet I continue to help those in need.
Regarding scammers... I've spent half of my life overseas... There're entire rings of panhandlers out there, run by gangs, that force people to beg and they take what they collect. People with addictions, disabled, lonely poor retirees, runaways - get taken into the ring and sometimes these people aren't free, they live in slavery basically, to these gangs. Sometimes women are begging with babies, but these babies they're holding are already dead or dying because of neglect they're subjected to. They dispose of them and get a new one, either stolen or given away/sold for cheap by some young mother. They give drugs to these kids so that they sleep all day while the woman is begging and make no trouble, they usually are alive for only few months. Hope this stuff isn't coming here. I heard of gypsy women begging with children on BART.

Old 11-30-2019, 10:16 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,285,880 times
Sadly this world is full of sorrow and despair thanks to the human species.

Old 11-30-2019, 10:27 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,810,350 times
You can remove yourself if that’s how you feel. One less. The earth will be a better place. If that’s how you feel.

Old 11-30-2019, 10:50 PM

Thanks for demonstrating exactly why this world is full of sorrow and despair.

For a human to even have the idea to tell a person to remove themself from the world because they point out an honest fact is truly disgusting.

Yes Newbie your behavior is exactly the aspect of the human species that adds sorrow and despair to the world.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:32 PM

It’s not honest fact. It’s your generalization that is also disgusting to me. You said all this is due to the human species. Have you look at other species yet. Try to watch one of the series by Richard Attenborough for a change. Maybe you are unable to tolerate a different point of view. if you believe everything you said, it’s best to take your words for it. I too hate arm chair hypocrites.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It’s not honest fact.
Yes it's an honest fact that the world is full of sorrow and despair. You must live with your head in the sand if you are not aware of this clearly obvious fact.
Quote:
It’s your generalization that is also disgusting to me.
What specific generalization are you referring to?
Quote:
Maybe you are unable to tolerate a different point of view.
Nope that would be you, the person who suggests that a person should commit suicide in order to remove themselves from this world simply because their views differ from yours. That's no different than a Hitler minded monster.

You are the epitome of why this world is full of unconscionable humans.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Sadly this world is full of sorrow and despair thanks to the human species.
This generalization! Get it.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Yes it's an honest fact that the world is full of sorrow and despair. You must live with your head in the sand if you are not aware of this clearly obvious fact.
What specific generalization are you referring to?
Nope that would be you, the person who suggests that a person should commit suicide in order to remove themselves from this world simply because their views differ from yours. That's no different than a Hitler minded monster.

You are the epitome of why this world is full of unconscionable humans.
Since when is the word full of happiness and exuberance? Are you 10?

Old 11-30-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
This generalization! Get it.
It's not my issue that you "think" this is a generalization.

Take it up with yourself Newbie the intolerance suicide promoter.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Since when is the word full of happiness and exuberance? Are you 10?
Non Sequitur

The world would be a much better place without intolerable hate spewing minds such as what you've displayed here.

Go read a book on how to better yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland