Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 03:26 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,241,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Although Oakland is full of gangs, the Nortenos and Surenos aren't the only gangs in the Bay Area.

Of course you would know that Uptown Oak... err "The Land."

There are "Bloods" in the Crest that wear red. I've seen them walking in the Crest near I80 during my real estate deals there. If you wear blue in those hoods, you will get hassled.
99.99% chance those were Nortenos, not bloods (if you actually saw them, that is). Like people have told you many times, there are basically no bloods or crips in the bay area. You would have had to be around in the 90's or 80's to have seen some real blood or crip sets here, and even then they were few and far between, and didn't last long as local gangs were already well established here, and weren't very receptive to LA gangs trying to expand on their territory. I remember reading about an example where crips tried to set up in the sunnydale projects in SF, back in the 80s, and got ran out pretty quickly by the existing drug/turf gangs. Bay gangs have largely been doing their own thing for a while as you can see... Do you think you can finally permanently retain all of this information now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,850,084 times
Quote:
I've seen them walking in the Crest near I80 during my real estate deals there.
Serious street cred with that one.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:48 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,255,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
99.99% chance those were Nortenos, not bloods (if you actually saw them, that is). Like people have told you many times, there are basically no bloods or crips in the bay area. You would have had to be around in the 90's or 80's to have seen some real blood or crip sets here, and even then they were few and far between, and didn't last long as local gangs were already well established here, and weren't very receptive to LA gangs trying to expand on their territory. I remember reading about an example where crips tried to set up in the sunnydale projects in SF, back in the 80s, and got ran out pretty quickly by the existing drug/turf gangs. Bay gangs have largely been doing their own thing for a while as you can see... Do you think you can finally permanently retain all of this information now?
That argument is full of holes.

You assume that the bloods here are even associated with the ones in LA (they're not). Most of these kids are Hogan High or Vallejo High drop outs who never got out of the city. Now they sell weed, and claim they are bloods for the "rep".

Old 10-21-2010, 02:05 PM

31 posts, read 129,162 times
When one has a low budget, Vallejo is a great place to buy a home. While it does lack in great shopping, and has plenty of things to overcome, I love my home. I live in a great neighborhood. Quiet, peaceful, pretty. Berkeley is only 20 minutes away, Sonoma a quick 40 mins. I couldn't buy in Oakland and Berkeley is way out of reach. I'm happy having a pad of my own.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,212 times
Vallejo has 89 cops on the force, down from 155. Crime rates will continue to rise and property values will continue to decline. Unless you are looking for property to roll the dice on as an investment, and rent the place out, stay clear of this town until it can get its act together. 10-20 minutes up the road is Fairfield, Suisun City and Vacaville, and well worth the commute.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:14 PM

31 posts, read 129,162 times
Default Vallejo is a better option for some of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Mothman View Post
Vallejo has 89 cops on the force, down from 155. Crime rates will continue to rise and property values will continue to decline. Unless you are looking for property to roll the dice on as an investment, and rent the place out, stay clear of this town until it can get its act together. 10-20 minutes up the road is Fairfield, Suisun City and Vacaville, and well worth the commute.
Not everyone thinks Fairfield, Suisun City and Vacaville are better options. Some of us don't want to live any farther away from the urban areas of Berkeley, Oakland and SF. I personally wouldn't live in the three eastern cities mentioned even if someone gave me a house. Nor would I live in Benicia. It amazes me the amount of negativity there is in the world and how so many people on this forum seem to have such little lives they need to spew their unhappiness out on this town. Get a life and go enjoy it. Vallejo isn't the best place nor the worst, but I'm loving having a home. I have dinner parties, my friends come from all over the bay area, I'm enjoying a garden and being so close to Sonoma. If you cannot afford another area, Vallejo gives you the opportunity to have a home of your own and still be able to go to SF for dinner and cultural events. Works for me.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:14 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
Haha Tahj Mowry's little brother (who is a football player at some college) tweeted he was in Vallejo today and he loves it! So you guys who keeps saying how Vallejo is this/that really can put a cap on it because not every part of Vallejo is dangerous.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:11 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,767,069 times
Quote:
That argument is full of holes.

You assume that the bloods here are even associated with the ones in LA (they're not). Most of these kids are Hogan High or Vallejo High drop outs who never got out of the city. Now they sell weed, and claim they are bloods for the "rep".

There are no black bloods and crips in the bay period. There used to be in SF and there's asian/tongan crips in Oakland and parts of the peninsula but there haven't been black bloods and crips in the bay since the 80's. However, most of the black neighborhood sets in the bay are affiliated with the Nortenos which is why some of them rep red.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:05 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,255,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
There are no black bloods and crips in the bay period. There used to be in SF and there's asian/tongan crips in Oakland and parts of the peninsula but there haven't been black bloods and crips in the bay since the 80's. However, most of the black neighborhood sets in the bay are affiliated with the Nortenos which is why some of them rep red.
You know nothing of what you talk about. The Crest is full of wannabe bloods.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:09 PM

312 posts, read 502,380 times
Quote:
You know nothing of what you talk about. The Crest is full of wannabe bloods.
Speak for yourself troll, if you have even been to the bay area let alone Vallejo or knew anything you'd know there are no Bloods there, people have told you they were probably Nortenos (Red Rags/clothes) but you ignore that in order to continue your trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland