Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 01:19 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Yes, there was an incident at Hillsdale High, which is in San Mateo. Kids in Hillsborough (the town) will usually go to Burlingame High, which is a pretty good school.
Yeah, I remember hearing about that incident, and it's hardly a common occurrence at HILLSDALE High. And yes, most of my Hillsborough-dwelling friends either went to Burlingame, San Mateo High or private schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 928 times
Me and my wife purchased a home in vallejo last year for only 105,000 move in ready all I had to do was paint do yard work and I pulled the carpet up and refinished the hardwood. The house was in great condition we got really lucky we had looked at over 20 properties some in bad condition some ok. Certain areas I didn't want to move to but we also got lucky on the area with 2 schools low crime and no sex offenders registered in the area. So I would say that's the main thing if u move to vallejo pick a good area and always be watchful of your surroundings no matter what city u are in. It was a great move for us because our mortgage is about $400 cheaper then our two bedrooms apartment in Richmond with a big backyard and garage. Our neighbors are mostly all cool i haven't had any issues. So I think it work out we looked at condos in Hercules in our price range but they seemed really small had no yard, they are crammed in with a $500 hoa dues so we picked vallejo I was proud to be an African American and be 28 turn 29 to buy a house me my wife and 2 year old daughter. We also just purchased a new car and our mortgage and car equals what we paid for a 2bedroom apt in Richmond only thing I don't like is a longer commute to sf

Old 04-29-2013, 10:44 PM

102,220 posts, read 107,999,816 times
OP, you might take a look at Benicia, next door to Vallejo, but much smaller and more charming. It's the original capital of California, has a Victorian old downtown, and gets a bit more breeze from the water, being on the Bay and the Sacramento River, both. It's beautiful and peaceful.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesmen View Post
Me and my wife purchased a home in vallejo last year for only 105,000 move in ready all I had to do was paint do yard work and I pulled the carpet up and refinished the hardwood. The house was in great condition we got really lucky we had looked at over 20 properties some in bad condition some ok. Certain areas I didn't want to move to but we also got lucky on the area with 2 schools low crime and no sex offenders registered in the area. So I would say that's the main thing if u move to vallejo pick a good area and always be watchful of your surroundings no matter what city u are in. It was a great move for us because our mortgage is about $400 cheaper then our two bedrooms apartment in Richmond with a big backyard and garage. Our neighbors are mostly all cool i haven't had any issues. So I think it work out we looked at condos in Hercules in our price range but they seemed really small had no yard, they are crammed in with a $500 hoa dues so we picked vallejo I was proud to be an African American and be 28 turn 29 to buy a house me my wife and 2 year old daughter. We also just purchased a new car and our mortgage and car equals what we paid for a 2bedroom apt in Richmond only thing I don't like is a longer commute to sf
Congratulations on the purchase of your first home!

'the house that got away' for me was in Vallejo. I still kick myself for not being able to hammer out that deal. It was a short sale that just had no shot of closing anytime soon, but regardless of it being in Vallejo, it was the house I would have adored for decades.

Glad you found yours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland