Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2015, 08:05 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times

Advertisements

It's kind of boring but if you work in high tech then it's a heaven for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 09:31 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,862,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high bowler View Post
Isn't Downtown San Jose similar to Downtown San Diego with San Pedro sq. being the nightlife spot for Downtown San Jose and Gaslamp District being the nightlife spot for San Diego? I take that San Diego has more neighborhoods with things to do than San Jose. Beside, where do people really hang out in San Jose? In Seattle, they hang out in Fremont/Ballard and Capitol Hill. In LA, they hang out in Silver Lake, West Hollywood and Hollywood. I went to San Jose, and asked myself, "where do people hang out in this city?" I can see why San Jose is a boring city since it's so spread out. Fill me in.
Did you read this entire thread from Page 1? If you did then you would know the answer. Lazy people tend to be boring, go ahead and add yourself to that list. It's not San Jose, it's you

Old 12-12-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It's kind of boring but if you work in high tech then it's a heaven for you.
55% of San Jose residents do not work in high tech. They're all dying of boredom in San Jose right now. Will you come and be Captain Save-A-Ho for them?

Old 12-12-2015, 10:01 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,848,696 times
San Jose Earthquakes. Avaya Stadium.

'Nuff said.

Old 12-12-2015, 10:12 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,848,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by high bowler View Post
isn't downtown san jose similar to downtown san diego with san pedro sq. Being the nightlife spot for downtown san jose and gaslamp district being the nightlife spot for san diego? I take that san diego has more neighborhoods with things to do than san jose. Beside, where do people really hang out in san jose? In seattle, they hang out in fremont/ballard and capitol hill. In la, they hang out in silver lake, west hollywood and hollywood. I went to san jose, and asked myself, "where do people hang out in this city?" i can see why san jose is a boring city since it's so spread out. Fill me in.
sofa

Old 12-12-2015, 10:31 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,769,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
55% of San Jose residents do not work in high tech. They're all dying of boredom in San Jose right now. Will you come and be Captain Save-A-Ho for them?
I didn't say they all work for high tech, but that doesn't make them less boring.

Old 12-12-2015, 10:41 PM

With Rockhold's win tonight, San Jose is now the home to two UFC champions (Cormier and Rockhold) and one former champion (Velazquez)

Old 12-12-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I didn't say they all work for high tech, but that doesn't make them less boring.
I agree with you. Those 55% not working in high tech are dying of boredom right now because San Jose isn't heaven to them.

Moderator cut: personal - off topic

Last edited by Marka; 12-13-2015 at 04:31 AM..

Old 12-13-2015, 12:13 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
Not anymore, and everyone in the Bay Area knows it.

You see it in many subtle signs. The MTC having more members from San Jose than from Oakland. The High Speed Rail now routing through San Jose via Pacheco Pass instead of through Oakland via Altamont Pass, as was originally planned. Or how the Super Bowl committee opening day last year was represented by 3 mayors: Santa Clara's Matthews, San Francisco's Lee, and San Jose's Reed.

And as the years go on, and San Jose grow exponentially larger, this will only exacerbate the increasing irrelevancy of Oakland. And the Oaklanders know it. They feel it in their bone. They were always the "second banana" in the Bay for a long time, now they're not even that.

You can say that San Jose is the current "second banana". But because of its sheer size in both land and population, it will one day grow to share the spotlight of the Bay Area with San Francisco, something that Oakland could never hope to achieve even when it was "second banana".
Ok, whatever Bobby.

I do think SJ will slowly grow in importance, but the operative word is "slow". I don't think Oakland is going to become irrelevant.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:17 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Meh, I kind of like the low key feeling here in downtown San Jose.
It does have its pluses.

Quote:
SF is such a ridiculous cluster **** , just trying find a bathroom or parking space can be a chore.
Yes, I completely agree with this.

Quote:
And Oakland has the most god awful combination of ghetto people, hipsters, and people priced out of SF with an axe to grind.
A valid point, although despite its flaws, I think Oakland is still a better value for the money than SF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose