Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,776 times

Advertisements

I always enjoyed lunch at LA CASA SENA on their patio during late Spring and Summer; nice setting, great food (try the Sena Sampler) and reasonable prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 11:04 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODZILLA1 View Post
I always enjoyed lunch at LA CASA SENA on their patio during late Spring and Summer; nice setting, great food (try the Sena Sampler) and reasonable prices.
I also like La Casa Sena in the summer. Afterwards you can also pop into Todos Santos Chocolates and Confections for a treat.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:28 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,026,689 times
La Casa Sena has "reasonable prices"?

I have not gone there because I have always thought they were one of the higher-priced restaurants in town.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:23 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
La Casa Sena has "reasonable prices"?

I have not gone there because I have always thought they were one of the higher-priced restaurants in town.
At lunchtime they are reasonable, and as a caveat, I mean reasonable for Santa Fe. Dinner there would be an expensive proposition, but then again that defeats the purpose of the patio dining. I think you can have a nice lunch and ice tea there for around $15.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:30 PM
ABM

339 posts, read 992,569 times
Out of towner here. Will be traveling through your fair city from Atlanta (heading to Oregon.)

So, then...

Have any of you tried Dinner For Two? If so, comments/thoughts?

Our criteria will be:

1) Local flavor a MUST

2) Romantic

3) Drinks

4) Affordability

Thanks!

ABM

Old 03-23-2009, 11:27 AM

293 posts, read 971,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Still on my list of places I have not been to yet:

Santa Fe Baking Company
Tia Sophia's
Bobcat Bite
Bert's Burger Bowl
Jinja's
Whole Hog Cafe
The Cowgirl
Steaksmith at El Gancho
Copa de Oro (a place out here in Eldorado)
El Parasol
Cafe Pasqual's
Tesuque Village Market
You have several of my favorites on your list! Santa Fe Baking Company is wonderful for a casual lunch. The prices are reasonable and the food is tasty and fresh all at the same time. Bobcat Bite is truly the best burger I've ever had. Their papitas were so-so, I won't get them again. But really, the burger, oh - the burger! I love Cowgirl too. The food is good, not amazing. The atmosphere is fun, though, and you can just sit back and watch the world go by outside or see all of the locals (and some tourists) inside. Steaksmith, I have to say, was a disappointment. It's expensive! And the food was kind of bland and corporate. Copa de Oro in Eldorado was a great evening. The restaurant staff were friendly and the food was nice. Prices are reasonable for Santa Fe. I had expected to spend a little less than we did but it was still worth the price.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:40 PM

We actually did have lunch at Copa de Oro several weeks ago, and since the restaurant has changed ownership several times and didn't always have a great reputation, I wasn't sure what to expect....but it was really good!

The waiter was very friendly and efficient and the food could not have been better. We'll be going back ... hopefully after the weather gets warmer, so we can sit outdoors on the patio.

I have heard good and bad about Steaksmith ... but we have been driving past the place for about 30 years now, and I just want to try it one time. I have told my husband that is where I want to go for my birthday in April.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:05 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,316,631 times
I really enjoyed Cafe Pasqual recently. The hostess was very friendly and accomodating, the menu was different and delicious. Kind of pricey and the seating policy was strict, but we really had a great time.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:41 PM

We ate at Cafe Castro for lunch today -- it was the first time we've gone there.

WOW - it was awesome. I had tamales with green chile -- along with beans and rice and posole. My husband had carne adovada.

Also sopapillas...huge and flaky-perfect.

In fact everything was perfect. The service was friendly, their new place on Cerrillos Road is decorated with bright colors. Prices are cheap.

We'll be going back a lot. Two thumbs up.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:29 PM

429 posts, read 1,477,283 times
I have friends from Seattle coming in next week and we are going to (of course) visit Santa Fe - what would be a good place on/near the plaza for lunch or dinner (not sure when we'll get there). I would like local flavor but they are certainly not the 'spicy' people we are... But don't let that stop you from making suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe