Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 11:04 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post

Mail away closings? I find the in person closings in Florida both quaint and antiquated.
Agreed. All I care about is getting the KEYS to that wonderful NP house, baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 12:00 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
If your tickets were with Southwest you might be pretty happy--
I think they are still giving a $4$ credit toward a new ticket--of course if new ticket price is higher you are still making up the difference
but there is not charge by SWA to make that change--unlike AA which has $100 charge I think--
haven't had to do it since the merger happened so don't know
and if you are flying Spirit then I think you are just out of luck

Old 05-03-2014, 01:22 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,375,292 times
We did the mail away closing twice. For the purchase of our house here and the sale of our house up north. Easy button.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
If your tickets were with Southwest you might be pretty happy--
I think they are still giving a $4$ credit toward a new ticket--of course if new ticket price is higher you are still making up the difference
but there is not charge by SWA to make that change--unlike AA which has $100 charge I think--
haven't had to do it since the merger happened so don't know
and if you are flying Spirit then I think you are just out of luck
Nah, Jetblue and Delta. I'll just see what I can do.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
We did the mail away closing twice. For the purchase of our house here and the sale of our house up north. Easy button.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:27 PM

288 posts, read 452,880 times
Thank goodness there is light at the end of the tunnel
Glad things work out after all!!!

Old 05-03-2014, 07:27 PM

241 posts, read 480,215 times
I predict that by May 26th you will be sitting, drink in hand on your new Lanai in North Port and reminiscing saying now wasn't that ONE HELL OF A RIDE! Here's to a very Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

Old 05-03-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbl39 View Post
I predict that by May 26th you will be sitting, drink in hand on your new Lanai in North Port and reminiscing saying now wasn't that ONE HELL OF A RIDE! Here's to a very Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
WOW, I hadn't even thought about Memorial weekend! My brain just won't got that far.

Thanks for that -- something to look forward to.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:34 AM

126 posts, read 156,601 times
Not to defend mortgage brokers/loan officers, unfortunately they are often the 2nd last to know anything (you being the last). They have to wait on a processor to put things through, then an underwriter to approve, kick it back to processor to process the approval commitment and move to closing which is another person who will draw up the closing docs. Stay on them, its the only way to make sure things move along. If there is a special mortage going in place there could be more people involved.

Only thing left to do is keep on them and make sure you have everything ready on your side.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neildiamond11790 View Post
Not to defend mortgage brokers/loan officers, unfortunately they are often the 2nd last to know anything (you being the last). They have to wait on a processor to put things through, then an underwriter to approve, kick it back to processor to process the approval commitment and move to closing which is another person who will draw up the closing docs. Stay on them, its the only way to make sure things move along. If there is a special mortage going in place there could be more people involved.

Only thing left to do is keep on them and make sure you have everything ready on your side.
I understand this -- my gripe was 1. The buyer's broker, after 25 years in the business, apparently didn't know the income guidelines for the state's mortgage program he was applying for. 2. When he found out, it took him at least a week to re-submit with only one buyer on the application. 3. When he re-submitted, he forgot to rework our contract to take the wife's name off … until a few days before the scheduled closing. 4. He NEVER returns calls or emails.

And when it's not your broker, you don't technically have access to that person. I had to call my realtor to find out what was happening, then he had to call the other realtor, who called the broker, who … didn't return calls.

Which is why I insisted that I be directly in the loop with the new broker, who so far is doing great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area