Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 03:00 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,349,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I was referring to the very tall buildings, not the people. Those giant view blockers stand there mostly empty for 6 months/year, but we have to look at them 24/7/365

Florida has done a very poor job of preserving its coastlines as parks, for residents at large.

The politicians allow insufficient setbacks from the high-tide water lines, from the streets, and from each other...total eyesores, but they all got their kickbacks, so there's that.

Regarding the people...

DeSantis says the newcomers to FLA are not what we might all assume they are. We'll see in November 2022.

Anecdotal, but I've closely interacted with 100+ of the newcomers from up East in the past 3 years, & I've been pleasantly surprised. Granted, the New Yorkers are the roughest of them all, but its just some of them, not all. I don't paint with such a broad brush as I used to.
Yea, I wonder too. DeSantis barely won last election. Even just a slight tilt of Democrat voters will tilt it. I can see Nikki fried beating him. She's pretty and the pro Marijuana stance got her over the top last election.

If she runs I see her beating desantis. I hope not. She's a kook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 05:32 PM

67 posts, read 54,607 times
My money is on the George Soros/John Morgan cartel. 4 aces will never beat trillions in offshore money. These guys already own Broward, Dade, Jax, St Pete, Orlando. They just haven't got around to driving the stake into Florida's heart yet but they will when they get caught up with their other ambitious projects. You're right though, Nikki Fried Brains is scary. Keep in mind, we ALMOST got Andrew Gillum!

Old 11-05-2021, 06:06 PM

25,780 posts, read 12,849,279 times
I know its hard to discuss zoning issues w/o getting in to politics, but can we try?

Statewide politics has little to do with Siesta Key zoning...I think.

Old 11-05-2021, 06:34 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,349,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMC81 View Post
My money is on the George Soros/John Morgan cartel. 4 aces will never beat trillions in offshore money. These guys already own Broward, Dade, Jax, St Pete, Orlando. They just haven't got around to driving the stake into Florida's heart yet but they will when they get caught up with their other ambitious projects. You're right though, Nikki Fried Brains is scary. Keep in mind, we ALMOST got Andrew Gillum!

I hate to say it but the looks helped with Nikki. She won over a more qualified Matt Caldwell. The stance on weed was a factor but she is a very attractive woman and there are a few morons who probably voted for her for being attractive.

Old 11-05-2021, 06:50 PM

67 posts, read 54,607 times
She's probably better looking than the usual competition. It wouldn't hurt that her photo is on nearly every gas pump in Floduh and people have to see her glamour shot 3 times a week when they gas up their huge truck/SUV. It burns her smiling "I love you" image into their pea brains for years to come

Old 11-06-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
Yea, I wonder too. DeSantis barely won last election. Even just a slight tilt of Democrat voters will tilt it. I can see Nikki fried beating him. She's pretty and the pro Marijuana stance got her over the top last election.

If she runs I see her beating desantis. I hope not. She's a kook.
https://www.politico.com/states/flor...effort-1391534

Don't worry, we've got it under control.

What we dont have under control is the local politicians taking payola from developers to allow very tall building along our coastlines....probably never will. Some day, the only way to see the sea in our area, will be from a boat!

I'm boat shopping right now, but what will the rest of you do?

Old 11-06-2021, 09:00 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://www.politico.com/states/flor...effort-1391534

Don't worry, we've got it under control.

What we dont have under control is the local politicians taking payola from developers to allow very tall building along our coastlines....probably never will. Some day, the only way to see the sea in our area, will be from a boat!

I'm boat shopping right now, but what will the rest of you do?
I don’t love boats. But I do love luxury penthouse apartments. To each his own.

Old 11-06-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I don’t love boats. But I do love luxury penthouse apartments. To each his own.
How do you know they wont build another one between you and the water, and block out your view?

I'm sticking with the boat option.

Old 11-06-2021, 05:21 PM

17,538 posts, read 39,160,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
I hate to say it but the looks helped with Nikki. She won over a more qualified Matt Caldwell. The stance on weed was a factor but she is a very attractive woman and there are a few morons who probably voted for her for being attractive.
You must be joking. Looks? Ugh. She has NO chance against DeSantis. Period.

Old 11-06-2021, 06:27 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,192,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakDoc View Post
We already are there from AMI, UTC, LWR, DTsrq, LBK, Venice, Bradenton with too many NY'ers.
No, too many developers with commissioners in their pockets. Has NOTHING to do with any geography settling here. But all of the commissioners happen to be Republicans, um....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area