Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 02:06 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I honestly do not know anyone who goes to Siesta Key. Tourists and trash galore.

I went about 5 years ago, tons of loud music, teens/young adults drinking beer in the water, cursing.

Just gross. Never again. Not a family beach by any stretch. If they want to destroy it further, have at it.
"Nobody goes there anymore, its too crowded"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 05:34 PM

67 posts, read 54,510 times
The permits in Sarasota County have to go through one attorney, initials. B. K. You give him what he wants, or your project NEVER gets the green light. He is the attorney for Ulrich, Scarlet, Wickman & Dean, PA. That is about all you need to know. It's like Boss Hogg in a bad "Dukes of Hazard" rerun. You gotta grease those wheels. Used to be nice out there.A shame that a few shady good ole boys turned it into Brighton Beach.

Old 12-17-2021, 08:49 PM

220 posts, read 270,096 times
Don't want to open a can of worms with the code enforcement peoples livelihoods. Pretty much common knowledge among the group of full timers who live on the Key. All you have to do is go on SC.GOV.NET and look up the owner and cross reference VRBO or Homeaway and you'll see the shady goings on. That's why those websites never put the property address. For awhile the county had a private firm to track this with a bounty/collector fee but they shut it down. There was also a grassroots committee formed to fight this illegal renting. My wife and others met with commissioner Maio about this and it went nowhere.All the people on this committee got frustrated and sold there homes as we did.What did Maio care he lives in Nokomis?

Old 12-19-2021, 01:47 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
"Nobody goes there anymore, its too crowded"
What I said was: I personally do not know anyone who goes there anymore.

Because it is too crowded and the crowds have gotten trashy. The CROWDS. So people who don't want to be buried in beer cans and loud music do not go there.

People who like a trashy beach, beer in the water, loud music and sitting right next to someone else, do.

Do you understand that? Is that clear enough?

Good grief.

Old 12-19-2021, 02:01 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,256,579 times
I’ll go in the next few weeks and report back.
The few times I want last year it was about the same as lido beach. A little easier to park but not that much. Just as many Amish, about the same crowds. And the Amish are not trashy imho. A little odd swimming in their long skirts but not trashy. I like that you can run on the beach for miles because it’s a long stretch.
So no. I don’t understand why you think it’s trashy. That was not my impression at all.
And as you’ve said. You haven’t been in years.

Old 12-19-2021, 04:33 PM

25,744 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Do not go to Siesta Key Beach on the weekends in-season unless you are younger. The rest of the time its great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area