Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:06 PM

307 posts, read 1,421,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I think everyone should move to Charlotte.....it seems that way already!!!
Couldn't live in the south. But nice place to visit.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:34 PM

45 posts, read 127,388 times
I know seattle would be for me...i love the gray days and the more the better....I live in atlanta and hate this weather. My boyfriend and I love when it rains because we get to cuddle a lot....I am counting the days to moving there!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:46 AM

132 posts, read 390,450 times
Default Wish I could get outa here too...

I was born and raised in New York. I lived in Florida for a year and ive been in seattle for 7, since september 1st of this year. In Florida it was so easy to get along with people and make friends and such. But here in Seattle... yikes! I dont know, people just pass judgement too easily and I just feel uncomfortable around alot of people here. Oh and if I go into a Tullys or something, its like heaven forbid that Im in there! I guess im too "bright" or too outgoing for these people. Jeez. Beautiful city though, its too bad that the people gotta ruin it. But I feel ya Charles, I would leave too if I had the funds. Good luck!

Old 09-15-2008, 05:33 AM

1,696 posts, read 5,193,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamama View Post
I was born and raised in New York. I lived in Florida for a year and ive been in seattle for 7, since september 1st of this year. In Florida it was so easy to get along with people and make friends and such. But here in Seattle... yikes! I dont know, people just pass judgement too easily and I just feel uncomfortable around alot of people here. Oh and if I go into a Tullys or something, its like heaven forbid that Im in there! I guess im too "bright" or too outgoing for these people. Jeez. Beautiful city though, its too bad that the people gotta ruin it. But I feel ya Charles, I would leave too if I had the funds. Good luck!
LOL,,,,,,,,Wow!! Now that's getting rite to the point!

Old 09-15-2008, 08:01 AM

576 posts, read 1,818,876 times
Reviving a year-old thread just to say that?

Old 09-15-2008, 11:26 AM

132 posts, read 390,450 times
Default Thats how I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Willys View Post
LOL,,,,,,,,Wow!! Now that's getting rite to the point!
Well Its better to get right to the point then to hide your feelings! But I guess sometimes people can be a little too blunt.. lol I tend to sometimes. But just to clear this up, I wasnt putting down everyone that I have met/ or not met in Seattle. There has been a few really cool people. Im just talkin the majority.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,056,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamama View Post
Well Its better to get right to the point then to hide your feelings! But I guess sometimes people can be a little too blunt.. lol I tend to sometimes. But just to clear this up, I wasnt putting down everyone that I have met/ or not met in Seattle. There has been a few really cool people. Im just talkin the majority.
I often wonder about posts like this...and sometimes feel as if I live in an alternate universe, as the majority of the people I know, and meet are great people.

No offense meant, I just have to wonder sometimes...

Old 09-15-2008, 06:26 PM

30 posts, read 100,580 times
wow....i just moved to seattle from las vegas and i have had nothing but great experiences with the people in seattle.

try living in vegas...that place is full of the most shallow unfriendly people i've ever been in and i have lived a lot of places.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:00 AM

88 posts, read 357,745 times
The social scene in Seattle is terrible. I tried living there and working in Redmond for a little while and I had to get to a major city where people aren't so reserved and passive aggressive. I am the type of guy who enjoys a middle finger and horns on the road over people driving under the speed limit, though. I always thought Seattle was quite the beauty, but I don't know how aggressive males in their 20's can survive that place. I may retire out there someday, though. Hopefully they get a professional sports team that wins championships by then.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:48 PM

918 posts, read 1,698,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
I often wonder about posts like this...and sometimes feel as if I live in an alternate universe, as the majority of the people I know, and meet are great people.

No offense meant, I just have to wonder sometimes...
Me too.. when I read stuff like that, I just shake my head and wonder if there are two different Seattles. I must be missing something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area