Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2013, 06:07 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times

Advertisements

Wow!

I'm watching the news...........and a tornado in Puyallup?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2013, 06:55 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Wow!

I'm watching the news...........and a tornado in Puyallup?
I posted a link about that earlier, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
Seattle is in the national news for setting new rain records and having a tornado just 40 miles south.

Record-setting rain drenches Northwest even more than usual - U.S. News
It was in Fredericksen and apparently struck the Boeing plants and a couple other factories. My husband just spoke to his friend who live in the area who is still completely shaken by the appearance of the tornado because she never ever seen it before and it was right in her backyard (not literal "backyard", but in her area).

Old 09-30-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I posted a link about that earlier, LOL.

It was in Fredericksen and apparently struck the Boeing plants and a couple other factories. My husband just spoke to his friend who live in the area who is still completely shaken by the appearance of the tornado because she never ever seen it before and it was right in her backyard (not literal "backyard", but in her area).

I missed your earlier link.

Thankfully, while we do get tornadoes around here, they are never of the magnitude they see in other parts of the country.

There was this one:

The tornado of April 5, 1972 | The Columbian

I moved to within a couple of miles where that tornado hit three years later. I used to bowl in the rebuilt bowling alley where a number of people died and I shopped sometimes in the rebuilt Waremart (it later became the best Value Village ever).

But tornadoes around here rarely result in any more than some property damage (knock wood).

Old 10-01-2013, 12:35 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,827,396 times
My aunt works for Boeing and was talking about the tornado on Facebook earlier. She said it took the roof off and blew out some car windows. She had to make emergency badges for the repair workers.

Today was a pretty bipolar day here. Rain, sun, rain, sun, rain, sun, very hard rain, sun, drizzle, clouds, etc.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:01 AM

A chilly 34 degrees here this morning. I guess I'm going to have to break down and buy some firewood soon; last year, I didn't have my first fire of the season until the end of the month and I was trying to hold off until at least then, if not later, this year.

A beautiful sunrise here, too, with some beautiful colors in the sky.

It looks like we have a really nice week ahead of us.

I knew October wouldn't let us down!

Old 10-13-2013, 04:56 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,216,227 times
So the weather for the rest of the week looks GREAT! Is this more normal or abnormal for October?

Old 10-13-2013, 05:11 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
depends on the year, but there are always nice days in October, just not consecutive.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaseco View Post
So the weather for the rest of the week looks GREAT! Is this more normal or abnormal for October?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
depends on the year, but there are always nice days in October, just not consecutive.
Yes, I think we almost always get a run of nice weather in October,

If I remember correctly, we had a pretty good run of consecutively nice days, maybe even with temperatures higher than what they're predicting for this week, last year.

I wrote the temperatures down somewhere; I'll have to see if I can find them.

Beautiful late afternoon here.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:11 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,418 times
Since moving to Seattle two months ago from Montana, I really am enjoying your guys milder climate and temperature shifts, fall out here with sun is really nice but even the drizzle gray days that everyone pisses and moans about don't bother me, I just explore new shops, cafes and stuff or chill and play games at home

Old 10-14-2013, 02:25 PM

It is an absolutely stunning day down here - with the promise of more to come. It really doesn't get any better.

I hope you all are sharing in this beautiful fall day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area